Author Topic: CW "Speeder Bike Recon" Battle Pack  (Read 10728 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
CW "Speeder Bike Recon" Battle Pack
« on: February 16, 2008, 02:45 PM »
In a small photo someone posted elsewhere, there appears to be maybe another Clone bikerscout 2-pack type set...

BARC Speeder front is barely noticeable, 2 AOTC Clones seem to be the figures with some odd striping I can't quite make out in the picture...  Has the Treachery on Salecumi pack's popularity spawned a whole series of Speederbike sets from film and EU?   ???
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 10:47 AM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Speederbike Recon Set/Battlepack?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 02:55 PM »
Doesn't sound too interesting, but I guess I'll just have to wait to see pics.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 03:23 PM »
Well, if they're sticking two white colored OT speederbikes in a pack with a pair of kitbashed Snow/Scout troopers - why wouldn't they put a pair of BARC Speeders with a pair of kit-bashed PT clones. Makes sense to me.

When you think about the fact that Battlepacks can be had for $20 and in instances like these you get two figures AND two vehicles, there is an instant play-pattern that appeals to kids and parents who buy for kids PLUS there is an appeal to an army builder who may want to have a squad of four or six of these and they can do that very easily by picking up multiple battlepacks. So it's a win-win formula for Hasbro IMHO.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 08:56 PM »
Well, if they're sticking two white colored OT speederbikes in a pack with a pair of kitbashed Snow/Scout troopers - why wouldn't they put a pair of BARC Speeders with a pair of kit-bashed PT clones. Makes sense to me.

When you think about the fact that Battlepacks can be had for $20 and in instances like these you get two figures AND two vehicles, there is an instant play-pattern that appeals to kids and parents who buy for kids PLUS there is an appeal to an army builder who may want to have a squad of four or six of these and they can do that very easily by picking up multiple battlepacks. So it's a win-win formula for Hasbro IMHO.

I agree with you completely on all points Pete.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 09:11 PM »
Yes, the set features 2 cartoon clone repaints and 2x BARCs similar to the Saleucami set last year...

And I should point out that it's from the cartoon.  :)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 09:14 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 09:24 PM »
Yes, the set features 2 cartoon clone repaints and 2x BARCs similar to the Saleucami set last year...

And I should point out that it's from the cartoon.  :)

Well that set will likely be a pass for me.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Speeder Bike Recon Battle Pack
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 09:30 PM »
Is this an exclusive?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 09:37 PM »
It is not currently scheduled as an exclusive.

There are also a few other BPs coming for the cartoon that were not revealed yet...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 09:40 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Jeff...  Cool looking sets for what they are.  Swearing off animated stuff may be tougher than expected. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 02:48 AM »
Based on what I see there, I will pass. But, you know, whatever turns your crank....
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 09:39 AM »
Oh - okay, so it's a Clone Wars line battle pack. That's okay I guess. Good for me a suppose, it means I only have to pick up two and not three or four.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 01:47 PM »
Oh - okay, so it's a Clone Wars line battle pack. That's okay I guess. Good for me a suppose, it means I only have to pick up two and not three or four.

Well, you don't HAVE to pick up any of it dude.   ;)  Hard to tell if the set will be cool or not - like most people, I'm still on the fence about getting the animated style figs.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 10:06 PM »
I know I don't HAVE to buy it, but at this point, after 13 years in and thousands of dollars and at least two of everything (with one still MOC/MIB), it just seems foolish to quit now. My wife would love it if I did, but I can't bring myself to do it.

So for me the Clone Wars line will be a huge cost savings since I'll want to continue the two of everything, but I won't army build like I have done to a pretty extensive degree since ROTS.

Since I really like the Droid Factory concept, I might spend the money like I did with the TAC line and pick up three of every figure which will net me duplicates of all of the droids you can build.
Peter

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 10:00 AM »
There was a pic of this over at Jediinsider.com.  Basically it is just 2 white animated clonetroopers on 2 Barc speeders from the ROTS line.  It's just like the Captain Neyo and his trooper 2 pack.  I know I should post the pic but my computer is acting up to open up another page. 

Okay, here is the link at least...   http://jediinsider.net/g/index.php?mode=view&album=Hasbro%2FHoth_Recon_Patrol&pic=Speeder_Bike_Recon_01.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 10:02 AM by Darth Broem »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 10:06 AM »
There was a pic of this over at Jediinsider.com. 

« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 01:34 PM by Jeff »