Collectibles > The Clone Wars '08-'13

CW "Speeder Bike Recon" Battle Pack

(1/7) > >>

Jesse James:
In a small photo someone posted elsewhere, there appears to be maybe another Clone bikerscout 2-pack type set...

BARC Speeder front is barely noticeable, 2 AOTC Clones seem to be the figures with some odd striping I can't quite make out in the picture...  Has the Treachery on Salecumi pack's popularity spawned a whole series of Speederbike sets from film and EU?   ???

David:
Doesn't sound too interesting, but I guess I'll just have to wait to see pics.

Pete_Fett:
Well, if they're sticking two white colored OT speederbikes in a pack with a pair of kitbashed Snow/Scout troopers - why wouldn't they put a pair of BARC Speeders with a pair of kit-bashed PT clones. Makes sense to me.

When you think about the fact that Battlepacks can be had for $20 and in instances like these you get two figures AND two vehicles, there is an instant play-pattern that appeals to kids and parents who buy for kids PLUS there is an appeal to an army builder who may want to have a squad of four or six of these and they can do that very easily by picking up multiple battlepacks. So it's a win-win formula for Hasbro IMHO.

jedi_master_sal:

--- Quote from: Pete_Fett on February 16, 2008, 03:23 PM ---Well, if they're sticking two white colored OT speederbikes in a pack with a pair of kitbashed Snow/Scout troopers - why wouldn't they put a pair of BARC Speeders with a pair of kit-bashed PT clones. Makes sense to me.

When you think about the fact that Battlepacks can be had for $20 and in instances like these you get two figures AND two vehicles, there is an instant play-pattern that appeals to kids and parents who buy for kids PLUS there is an appeal to an army builder who may want to have a squad of four or six of these and they can do that very easily by picking up multiple battlepacks. So it's a win-win formula for Hasbro IMHO.

--- End quote ---

I agree with you completely on all points Pete.

Jeff:
Yes, the set features 2 cartoon clone repaints and 2x BARCs similar to the Saleucami set last year...

And I should point out that it's from the cartoon.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version