Author Topic: Wal-Mart Droid Factory Sets  (Read 130653 times)

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart Droid Factory Sets
« Reply #540 on: November 19, 2009, 07:25 PM »
I 'voted with my dollars' as you put it and didnt buy any of these, I wont purchase overpriced exclusives, especially when half of the figures are repacks that many had zero interest in.  The greedy price and lame figure choices killed this line, and I'm frankly glad to see it go.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 19, 2009, 11:37 PM »
And who is to blame that these didn't sell in spite of the obvious flaws in this line? 

Hasbro's Response: Collectors.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 20, 2009, 01:15 AM »
I'm surprised Hasbro had planned another sequel to this line - especially considering that the 2nd wave didn't do well. I think Hasbro failed because of their distribution problems - STOP BLAMING THE COLLECTORS, HASBRO! 

Thanks. :-*
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 20, 2009, 07:01 AM »
And who is to blame that these didn't sell in spite of the obvious flaws in this line? 

Hasbro's Response: Collectors.

Has anyone ever asked in the Q & A what kind of special high quality crack the people who answer these questions at Hasbro are on?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #544 on: November 20, 2009, 09:31 AM »
 I admit not everybody was thrilled to see a droid from the Droids cartoon series, I was, but hey, that's me. 

I am with you here, I love this figure and hope to see more droids figures trickle in the line in the future.
The other protocol droid from the EU books was really cool too. sad to see this series go too many SKU's got hammered this year in the mainline. If the figures were better there really would have been less balking.

I am a bit baffled by Hasbro's statement that these underperformed, they sold out in one weekend. Only n the last week did they pop up. As I said in another post Hasbro really gave some cryptic and contradicting answers this week.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 29, 2009, 12:25 AM »
Walmart dropped the price on these bad boys! Not by $2, not by $4, not by $5...

Looky looky!

If I had a Walmart even remotely near me, I would get up from the computer right now and GET THEM!  ;)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 29, 2009, 09:46 AM »
I'm sure the price is on a "by store" basis.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 29, 2009, 11:29 PM »
Walmart dropped the price on these bad boys! Not by $2, not by $4, not by $5...

Looky looky!

If I had a Walmart even remotely near me, I would get up from the computer right now and GET THEM!  ;)

Now all they have to do is drop them $8 more and they'll be down to what they're worth.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 29, 2009, 11:58 PM »
Now if they dropped the price to $ 8

What would be the price for a solo Darktrooper in an utopical SL or EU wave (between $ 12 and $ 15)?

Another problem: perhaps packing the darktrooper in the new Lc blisters will be very hard due to their small size; and a new special pack should be needed for this wanted action figure.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #549 on: November 30, 2009, 01:47 AM »
I'm sure the price is on a "by store" basis.

Seconded...

I have a WM with $7 basic figures...  WM's price cuts and clearances are anything but predictable. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evilanimation

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 30, 2009, 04:01 PM »
$10, In California on one side of my town. They rich side of town they are still 17. I only got General for his cape. Just wanted the cloth cape.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 2, 2009, 09:32 PM »
Found some more of these near me.  But upon closer inspection I found they were returns.  And they were returned by a local scalper who pulled the BAD parts out, resealed the packages so that he could sell the Dark Trooper online.  What a piece of s***!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 2, 2009, 10:29 PM »
Found some more of these near me.  But upon closer inspection I found they were returns.  And they were returned by a local scalper who pulled the BAD parts out, resealed the packages so that he could sell the Dark Trooper online.  What a piece of s***!

It's hard to believe that's even worth the effort to go to Walmart, buy them, open each one, pull the BAD part, go back to Walmart and customer service, risk being caught returning tampered goods, and all to sell 1 lousy figure online for what, $15?  I mean, you really have to be one hell of a loser to do that.

It's amazing.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 3, 2009, 01:54 AM »

It's hard to believe that's even worth the effort to go to Walmart, buy them, open each one, pull the BAD part, go back to Walmart and customer service, risk being caught returning tampered goods, and all to sell 1 lousy figure online for what, $15?  I mean, you really have to be one hell of a loser to do that.

It's amazing.

It's very funny that you would respond to this.  Especially since you're acquainted with the individual who has developed a rep for doing this in my area.  It seems to be common knowledge around here that this guy is doing this with not only the Droid Factory 2-packs, but also the Droid Factory basic figures.  But his bread and butter still seems to be the Marvel Legends build-a-figures.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 3, 2009, 08:54 AM »
Found some more of these near me.  But upon closer inspection I found they were returns.  And they were returned by a local scalper who pulled the BAD parts out, resealed the packages so that he could sell the Dark Trooper online.  What a piece of s***!

It's hard to believe that's even worth the effort to go to Walmart, buy them, open each one, pull the BAD part, go back to Walmart and customer service, risk being caught returning tampered goods, and all to sell 1 lousy figure online for what, $15?  I mean, you really have to be one hell of a loser to do that.

It's amazing.

It's very funny that you would respond to this.  Especially since you're acquainted with the individual who has developed a rep for doing this in my area.  It seems to be common knowledge around here that this guy is doing this with not only the Droid Factory 2-packs, but also the Droid Factory basic figures.  But his bread and butter still seems to be the Marvel Legends build-a-figures.

Not my acquaintance, that's for sure.

I literally have no idea what you're talking about and I moved out of "your area" 5 years ago and never went back.  I've also never met any member of a Star Wars forum in person, at least not to my knowledge - I wouldn't know anyone if I fell over them and vice versa.

In any event, whether I knew him or not, he's a complete loser obviously if he pilfers pieces of action figures from stores, and that should be obvious from what I wrote 2 posts up.  And that goes for whether I've ever crossed paths with the jackass or not.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2009, 10:17 AM by Dressel Rebel »