Author Topic: Wal-Mart Droid Factory Sets  (Read 130566 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Wal Mart Droid Factory Sets
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2008, 02:09 PM »
There was an R-3PO released before? What line was that part of?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2008, 02:28 PM »

SAGA 2004.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2008, 02:43 PM »
I have to say, I like the muted red on the 2004 one rather than the bright color red of the new one. The 2008 one is great but the muted red, to me, is more appealing. The 2004 mold has never been used elsewhere, not even on a C3P0. It was an interesting tool that always made me wonder it's development story. Not that we will ever know......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2008, 02:55 PM »

SAGA 2004.

Thanks - I completely forgot about that figure. I really need to get my carded collection out and displayed instead of in boxes.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 08:32 PM by Jeff »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2008, 09:47 AM »
The bummer about both R-3PO's is that they are missing the silverish highlights.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2008, 02:22 PM »
The bummer about both R-3PO's is that they are missing the silverish highlights.

That can easily be touched up.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2008, 08:01 AM »
I like this Droid Factory sets, I will buy all for C-3PX, I prefer if they did Pilots and Astromech Droids. The best set of all is Pilot Luke/R2 (the perfect combo), and close second is Hood Up Han because I waited for this figure forever. Least favorite is Vader (the droid is cool but they re-pack that piece of junk ROTS Vader again). Least favorite droid is Kit Fisto's Droid (I hate that paint color). 

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2008, 04:05 PM »

Anton, I watched the entire Echo Base scene for evidence of R-3PO's silver trimmings, and there are only 2 scenes with him in the shot: as Han walks by him at the very beginning, and in the distance when Leia is briefing the Snowspeeder pilots.  Both instances he appears to be dark red like the original Saga version, and neither seem to have the silver trim.  What does, though, is the red 3PO from the Trade Federation scenes in TPM (and there are a few refernce pics of him somewhere).
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2008, 09:57 AM »
I was going by the photo in the encyclopedia. However, I will admit that the filmic evidence doesn't make me as bummed. Now I can move onto griping about the non-new K-3PO treatment.  :D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2008, 11:45 AM »
Oh, that's one book I don't have!  (That's the Sansweet encyclopedia, isn't it?)  I have the visual dictionaries and other books, but yeah, I need to get that book for the photos (like this one) that aren't in any of my other sources.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2008, 10:25 PM »
I was going by the photo in the encyclopedia. However, I will admit that the filmic evidence doesn't make me as bummed. Now I can move onto griping about the non-new K-3PO treatment.  :D

I think you're referring to TC-4 from THE PHANTOM MENACE.  There's a small inset photo of that protocol droid on pg 18 of EPISODE I - THE VISUAL DICTIONARY from DK books.  It was a red protocol droid with silver highlights that was supposed to be seen in Senator Palpatine's apartment.  Apparently the scene featuring this droid was cut.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 11:44 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2008, 10:11 AM »

I think you're referring to TC-4 from THE PHANTOM MENACE.  There's a small inset photo of that protocol droid on pg 17 of EPISODE I - THE VISUAL DICTIONARY from DK books.  It was a red protocol droid with silver highlights that was supposed to be seen in Senator Palpatine's apartment.  Apparently the scene featuring this droid was cut.

No, definitely wasn't that. I don't have much PT literature.  :P That said, I looked at my Encyclopedia and Sansweet AFG, and apparently, I must have been on something because none of those pictures have silver highlights.

My Bad.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2008, 10:45 AM »
Well there is an image of TC-4 in that book, regardless.

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2008, 11:30 AM »
I just found the image. It's the inset picture on the Saga card from '04.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2008, 11:45 AM »
Looks like they used the image for TC-4 from the Visual Dictionary for R-3PO's card.  I just checked the book and it's that exact same image minus the Hoth background.

Feedback