Author Topic: Wal-Mart Green Leader A-Wing Starfighter  (Read 35803 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Wal-Mart Green Leader A-Wing Starfighter
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 03:31 PM »
Flight controls and maybe some added detailing to the sides and things, rather than stickers?  Cramping the cockpit up a bit would help the A-Wing as the pilot jostles about inside now.  I'm guessing at least flight controls/stick though.  And I think that rocks...  It's a little bonus.  I'm down for a few of these I think.  I already have like 6 of the POTF2 but this is one I'd like at least 2 of and maybe a spare to boot.  It'll free up some of the red ones to repaint.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2008, 03:33 PM »
Nice overall, but doesn't it seem a bit too clean in the red areas? I'll still get one though  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2008, 03:36 PM »
A little, but we have a grimed up one too, so I'm not too disappointed.  It's like getting one that got a fresh coat of squad colors and another that just hasn't gotten his overhaul yet.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2008, 03:56 PM »
As always I just want the figure.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2008, 04:03 PM »
I originally mainly wanted this for the figure as well, but I wouldn't mind having another A-Wing either.  I just have a POTF2 one, and they are small enough I could handle having a couple more.  I'm curious to see what the "new cockpit" entails, and it does look pretty spiffy all packaged up like that (thanks Jeff).  Has there been any word if this will be out on the 26th as well?  I thought originally it was planned to be, but I read (I think on GH's forums) that someone heard it was being delayed until November/holiday time.  I guess since the boxed image has surfaced, its unlikely it would be that far off.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2008, 05:45 PM »
Don't have an A-Wing and Tycho was the one non-McQuarrie 30AC figure I never saw at retail, so this will be a happy buy for me.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2008, 06:18 PM »
I don't have an A-Wing either, so this is awesome! I can't wait to buy one or two. ;D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 06:19 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2008, 09:49 PM »
I'm glad to see they're using the Tycho body with just a different head.  That makes the pack-in figure better.  I thought they might try to reuse part of the POTF2 pack-in figure...that was the one that jostled around the cockpit.  My Tycho figure fits in there just fine.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2008, 09:31 AM »
Nice presentation. This will be a happy purchase for me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2008, 11:47 AM »
This looks sweet!
If I can find them, I will buy at least 2 of these, maybe 3. I would not mind ditching the old POFT2 version if the overall deco is the same to have the upgraded cockpit. I may even buy an extra to upgrade the green version from Target. I upgraded all of my Y-Wing guns & Pilots so I have a matching fleet with all of the different decos. I love they have the other A-wing helmet design in there, I just hate that this is a WM exclusive vehicle.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2008, 04:49 PM »
I think I'm in for one, mostly due to the helmet, but like others have said, another A-Wing would be nice too.  I have my original POTF2 version hanging from the ceiling, so this will likely join it!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2008, 07:27 PM »
I think this will definitely be available on July 26th, I can't see them NOT making this available. Guess sleeping in front of the WalMart after hitting midnight madness at TRU will be in the cards for me this year. In 2005, it was sleeping in front of the Target to make sure I was first in line to score some Lava Reflection Vaders.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2008, 10:51 AM »
I didn't notice this on the fall release schedule that was released this week, so I'm guessing it is not going to be available next week?  Since we've seen packaged samples and everything, we know it is on the way, but I guess I'd be fine if it waited until later in the Fall.  Its not like there isn't anything to buy next weekend anyways ;).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2008, 10:55 AM »
When RS did that Walmart story last week, they listed the A-Wing as coming in November...

"November 18th - The Clone Wars movie comes out on DVD, and a new video game is released!
More exclusives from The Clone Wars & beyond, with new figure Commemorative troop builder 3-packs, a 501st blue Clone Trooper Helmet Voice Changer, a Republic Gunship, and an A-Wing Fighter!"
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2008, 11:11 AM »
When RS did that Walmart story last week, they listed the A-Wing as coming in November...

"November 18th - The Clone Wars movie comes out on DVD, and a new video game is released!
More exclusives from The Clone Wars & beyond, with new figure Commemorative troop builder 3-packs, a 501st blue Clone Trooper Helmet Voice Changer, a Republic Gunship, and an A-Wing Fighter!"

Oops, missed that.  Thanks Jeff!