Author Topic: Who Is Not Buying?  (Read 29878 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Who Is Not Buying?
« Reply #135 on: May 5, 2009, 11:18 AM »
I really don't know how much difference it makes to the kids who are into CW that I know.  To them, it doesn't seem to make any diffeence if the R2, 3P0, Plo Koon, or Padme are animated or not.  The main problem is that they don't know who Saesee Tinn is, think the Organas are hoplessly boring, and flat out laugh at how "stupid" Yarna is.

That is true too, I really don't know that kids care one way or the other.  I see kids picking up (or asking their parents for) Legends AOTC clones just as often as Clone Wars ones.  Again, it isn't like the animated stuff is gonig anywhere anytime soon - so it doesn't matter really - but I think a realistic styled line focused on the same characters would have probably done just as well.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 8, 2009, 02:10 PM »
Well this view is just through my own son's eyes.  Today we went to a Wal-Mart.  He immediately asked for or was interested in Asajj, Jar-Jar, Magna Guard, and some animated clones.  All the animated figures were on one side and the Legacy on the other.  He did not even look at the Legacy stuff.  It's been that way for awhile now.  The kid does not even care about Kenobi, Han or Luke Stormtroopers, or the creatures.  Of course me I am the opposite.  If he does like anything from the movies it's from the prequels unless of course it's Darth Vader. 

Do not get me wrong.  He would probably be pretty happy if someone or me gave him something from the original trilogy or prequel trilogy.  But I know he would light up much more if it was from the animated line.  I think it's just because it's animated and he can relate a bit better to animated imagery and yes animated figure styles. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2009, 12:34 PM »
That's another aspect worth mentioning.  There might be a number of collectors who are enjoying buying these figures/etc. - for their children.  It is a nice way to pass on the love of Star Wars to your kids, and for them to have a similar experience to something we might remember from the 80s.  Personally, we have a daughter who is closing in on two, so I can't say this is a big selling point to us personally (although she does love Galactic Heroes) - but I could see those with older kids (or maybe skewing more towards boys, who knows) maybe not buying these for themselves, but for the kids.  It is like having the Legacy line for yourself, and the Clone Wars line for the kids.  That's what my wife keeps preaching to me as I buy up some of these CW figures, and it does make sense in many ways. :)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2009, 06:41 PM »
Well this view is just through my own son's eyes.  Today we went to a Wal-Mart.  He immediately asked for or was interested in Asajj, Jar-Jar, Magna Guard, and some animated clones.  All the animated figures were on one side and the Legacy on the other.  He did not even look at the Legacy stuff.  It's been that way for awhile now.  The kid does not even care about Kenobi, Han or Luke Stormtroopers, or the creatures.  Of course me I am the opposite.  If he does like anything from the movies it's from the prequels unless of course it's Darth Vader. 

Do not get me wrong.  He would probably be pretty happy if someone or me gave him something from the original trilogy or prequel trilogy.  But I know he would light up much more if it was from the animated line.  I think it's just because it's animated and he can relate a bit better to animated imagery and yes animated figure styles. 

Ditto.