Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 1 (2008)  (Read 33837 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 1
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 10:07 AM »
They've already doubled peg space at retail?  I wasn't aware of that.  Where have you seen planograms at to back this claim up?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2008, 10:12 AM »
Yeah, I think despite the fact that many to most of us would rather see realistic style figures, I can understand why we're getting animated versions.  They could actually be pretty popular.  I mean, we're seeing a theatrical movie, as well as an animated (weekly) series that could last for awhile.  Many to most of the "popular" toons these days last 5 years, and the fact that it is Star Wars can probably assure that Cartoon Network will air anything Lucas will give them.  I could be wrong, but I think the line makes pretty good sense.  And really, aside from the fact that they're not realistic, they don't look like too bad of action figures (aside from the Yoda with the action feature built in).

Plus, like it has been said, we either have a lot of these characters in realistic style already - or will eventually.  We've got another round of "realistic" Clone War figures coming this fall, and I'm sure we'll see things like an Ahsoka and newly done Grievous in the "realistic" line eventually as well.  I think we're covered pretty well in the fact that the vehicles are done realistic style as well, which is a smart move by Hasbro.  Anyways, I agree, I wouldn't have minded seeing it all realistic as well - but I don't think the animated line is as horrible as many are making it out to be.  If the whole line (Legacy and all) switched to animated style, then yeah, it would be a much bigger problem.  There are other animated lines out there that seem to do ok, or at least have been on the pegs for awhile (The Batman, JLU, Ben 10, etc.) and they don't have the built in appeal necessarily that Star Wars has.  Hopefully we'll continue to get the best of both worlds with realistic figures running alongside this line.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2008, 10:26 AM »
They've already doubled peg space at retail?  I wasn't aware of that.  Where have you seen planograms at to back this claim up?

Much like the Legends line doubled the number of pegs for SW, I can only assume the same logic would apply to the Legacy line and CW.

We'll have to wait and see.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2008, 10:30 AM »
Yeah, I'd sure think we'd see an expanded space at retail come July 26th.  Maybe nothing like ROTS times, but still more than what we see now.  For Hasbro to be planning such a "launch" with new Clone Wars and Legacy figures, as well as a couple ships (and maybe the AT-TE?), Galactic Heroes, and exclusives - it would seem like we'd see more room made at retail.  I am a little nervous for when the "Legends-type" line they were mentioning comes to retail, and we've got three different lines occupying the Star Wars space.  I could see something getting short changed.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2008, 11:25 AM »
As long as we get a realistic Ahsoka, Rotta, Rex and any other random new characters down the line I am starting not to mind so much that these are animated. It saves alot of people from having to buy the same figures all over again.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2008, 11:34 AM »

RS is reporting (their site is currently down) that there is going to be a UGH-type promotion of sorts in 2008. It consists of first run packaging of wave 1 in the Clone Wars and Legacy that will feature foil packaging then later the packaging will transition to non-foil.

*The logo I created above is a mockup of what is expected to adorn the packaging - the design could change.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 11:43 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2008, 12:14 PM »
I thought they said that they werent' doing any UGH this year?  Oh well..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2008, 12:19 PM »

Yep, they said in the our QnA that "there was no specific UGH promotion planned at this time". They're not calling "UGH" per se, but if it looks like a duck...  ::)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 12:20 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2008, 12:35 PM »
...They're not calling "UGH" per se, but if it looks like a duck...  ::)

QUACK QUACK!

I just can't keep justifying buying all this crap for package variants. I got the UGH from last year, about half from the year before. I won't actively seek it out this time. If I get it fine, if I don't fine.

Just another money grubbing, greed driven, cash cow, producing idea...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2008, 01:29 PM »
If i get one, thats enough for me. The only reason why i got all of them last year was because of the coins. The year before i only found 2 and thats all i ever got.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2008, 03:23 PM »
1st day issue? Huh? Is that only going to be on the figures that come off the assembly line on the first day of the production run for that figure?

I don't understand this at all. The figures aren't like books - so unless they are drawing a line in the sand and saying "the 26th of July will be THE day for Wave 1 Clone Wars and Wave 1 Legacy Collection" - I can't really see this as meaning a whole heck of a lot to ANYONE.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2008, 04:38 PM »
1st day issue? Huh? Is that only going to be on the figures that come off the assembly line on the first day of the production run for that figure?

I don't understand this at all. The figures aren't like books - so unless they are drawing a line in the sand and saying "the 26th of July will be THE day for Wave 1 Clone Wars and Wave 1 Legacy Collection" - I can't really see this as meaning a whole heck of a lot to ANYONE.

Exactly. Unless there is a severe lack of product that day and EVERYWHERE sells out, I think we'll see First Day stuff some time after the first day.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2008, 09:14 AM »
Nice try Hasbro, you're not sucking me back into carded collecting. :-*
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline womprat416

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2008, 07:52 AM »
I'm going to pass.
"THESE AREN'T THE CLONES I'M LOOKING FOR."
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 07:55 AM by womprat416 »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2008, 12:40 PM »

Yep, they said in the our QnA that "there was no specific UGH promotion planned at this time". They're not calling "UGH" per se, but if it looks like a duck...  ::)

They also diluded the question on the Clone Wars cartoon line : QA question: "Will these be in cartoonish or realistic styling?" Hasbro's Response: "These will not be cartoonish"

They were telling the truth from a certain point of view as they are CGIish. I prefer straight talk not symantics.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/