Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 1 (2008)  (Read 33844 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Animated Wave 1
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2008, 09:39 AM »
The head looks a little less animated to me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2008, 11:32 AM »
I'm really starting to like these Clone Wars figures. That's a very scary idea for my wallet. I'm finding these guys to be a lot more exciting than the boring figure line Legacy Collection. The animated and articulated look seems like a fresh change for the Star Wars line. My biggest complaint about the Legacy Collection is the Droid Factory thing... but I'll save that for another thread.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2008, 09:43 AM »
The head looks a little less animated to me.

I thought the same thing when I saw that pic.  I don't know that it looks any more "animated" than the realistic Clone Wars Obi-Wan in Wave 2 of TLC.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 1
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2008, 03:56 PM »
So Obi has his ROTS/ANH saber, do they ever explain how he looses his EP2 saber.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2008, 04:07 PM »
I'd assume that either Dooku or the Geonosians confiscated it.  Then he gets thrown a replacement by the N'Jedi during the rescue.
I am not the Stig

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2008, 08:59 PM »
So Obi has his ROTS/ANH saber, do they ever explain how he looses his EP2 saber.

In Episode II, didn't the Geonosians take it away from him, and he fought the rest of the film with a spare that was tossed to him in the arena by the Jedi who rescued them?
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2008, 09:16 PM »
Actually it was cut up in the droid factory...

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2008, 10:01 AM »
Uhm, that's Anakin you're thinking of, we never saw on screen Obi get captured, or the Destroyer Droids pursue him and then he's in binders in front of Dooku.
I am not the Stig

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 8, 2008, 01:37 AM »
The Battle Droid has,

Ball-jointed head.
Ball-jointed shoulders.
Ball-jointed hips.
Swivel waist.
Swivel Elbows.

Hopefully we'll get a movie version with that kind of articulation!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: July 8, 2008, 01:44 AM »
And yet still no knee joints?  Considering IG-88 has them...  I'd think Hasbro would be capable of doing it with the battledroid.  Hell, IG-88 proves anything can be acheived with articulation IMO.  That thing's damn near perfect and it's as spindly as any figure can be.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 8, 2008, 02:23 AM »
I think the reason why the Battle Droid has been lacking in knee articulation has to do more with the feet of the droid than anything else.  You cite IG-88 as a great example of a rather thin droid that has great articulation.  But IG-88 has a good deal of stability because the feet are rather large.  Whereas the Battle Droid has relatively small feet, and because of that it has much less inherent stability.  Add in the fact that the Battle Droid is pretty much top-heavy, and it seems to be structurally unstable when balanced on those thin legs and small feet.  It might be a cool design as a CGI model in the movies, but at the 3.75 inch scale it doesn't seem to work that well.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: July 8, 2008, 02:56 AM »
True, and the lack of stands (or stands phasing in/out/in/out of the line anyway) doesn't help then either.  Would've been nice during a run of stands that we got a more sturdy droid.  I'd think at some point they'd even consider some small "foot pod" type stands as an accessory to a new battledroid... 

Still though, even if a battledroid does or doesn't have knee articulation, the issue with the feet is a problem.  The current 2-pack droids fall over and they have barely any articulation, the ROTS droids fell over as did the Saga sculpt...  Technically, actually, the best droids were 2 or 3 sculpts that had knee joints...  E1, Boomer Damage, and Security are all I think the finest BD's they have made, and they've all got some kind of knee articulation. 

I'd dig it if they just gave us very nicely articulated battledroids and included stands then because the figure's design just demands it.  Kind of like the waitress droid or whatnot.  Much like Clones, one sculpt would go a long, long way with this figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2008, 09:09 AM »
Saw this wave first hand at Target yesterday. The figures do look very cool in person. Can't say I wasn't tempted to pick them up, but I did pass on them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2008, 12:16 PM »
Last night at Target  I picked up the following:

5 Battle Droids
5 clone Troopers
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Greivous
Captain Rex

1 Droid, two Troopers, Obi, and Greivous were on the shelf. A nice lady working there offered to pull more from the back. I cleaned house on the Battle Droids and got those other three Clones as well as the First Day Rex. Price was $7.99 each.

Offline nheimbigner

• Youngling
  • clone 5x
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2008, 08:35 PM »
:D

SCORE!!! 8)
.o0O0o.