Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 1 (2008)  (Read 33838 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 1
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2008, 09:37 AM »
From Jedi Insider's Q and A with Hasbro this week:

In reference to the new Clone Wars animated series figures we have seen - do they all have knee articulation? Some are in question such as Anakin and Obi-Wan (although due to their tunics may be useless anyways), but mostly the Battle Droid. He seems to have elbow articulation and is a nice sculpt. If he had knee articulation, he would be pretty darn complete.

Hasbro: Not all figures have knee articulation in their basic figure form. Obi-Wan, Anakin, and the Battle Droid do not have knee articulation.

That's disappointing to hear.  I kind of thought that might be the case with Anakin, but I was hoping Obi-Wan and the Battle Droid would have knee articulation.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2008, 12:36 PM »
From Jedi Insider's Q and A with Hasbro this week:

In reference to the new Clone Wars animated series figures we have seen - do they all have knee articulation? Some are in question such as Anakin and Obi-Wan (although due to their tunics may be useless anyways), but mostly the Battle Droid. He seems to have elbow articulation and is a nice sculpt. If he had knee articulation, he would be pretty darn complete.

Hasbro: Not all figures have knee articulation in their basic figure form. Obi-Wan, Anakin, and the Battle Droid do not have knee articulation.

That's disappointing to hear.  I kind of thought that might be the case with Anakin, but I was hoping Obi-Wan and the Battle Droid would have knee articulation.

All the more reasons NOT to buy this line. And here I was starting to warm up the the Battle Droids a little. Oh well, money saved.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2008, 01:29 PM »
Geeze... less articulation AND a price hike? 

Passing on these is getting easier by the minute.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2008, 03:26 PM »
  ::) What is the deal with Hasbro and no knee articulation? I'd like to see them walk around or sit without their knees bending. Maybe I should give these figures some crutches so they can walk around.
I remember my dream now.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2008, 04:33 PM »
I'm not too critical of Hasbro these days, but geeze... why no articulated legs on Kenobi?  Just give him the regular clone's legs Hasbro...  ::)

Offline GrandMasterYoda

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2008, 09:33 AM »
I think that the reason Hasbro has not put the all the articulation points is purposeful. The last animated clone wars figures were shelf warmers. Maybe they aren't ready to spend the money until they see if their new line sells. Personally I love the new line and will be getting them all. My 9 year old wants to do a Clone Wars birthday party and is just as excited as me about the new direction of Star Wars. Enjoy what you can while it lasts...

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2008, 07:34 PM »
i will probably only get the Captain Rex

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2008, 08:59 AM »
Seems like Hasbro is leaning more towards its other base with these clone wars figs.  The collectors get the legacy collection though, with Yarna and a couple other wanted figures.  It just seems there are a lot of collectors here that are passing on the CW figs.  I'm excited about the cartoons, but the figs don't do anything for me yet.
I am not the Stig

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2008, 12:05 PM »
I can certainly understand an attempt to market the Clone Wars line to a new audience.  The older collectors seem somewhat "Cloned Out" to an extent. 

Hasbro tried to give us what both we and they thought we wanted:  more Clones, via the Saga Legends line.  And how long did all of those Clone sit?  I was very surprised to see that of all of the Saga Legends figures, the Clones sat the longest.  I think that's proof positive that there is another element at work, and they're buying figures other than Clones.  So with that in mind I think this new line will appeal to that new audience.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2008, 12:38 PM »
I can certainly understand an attempt to market the Clone Wars line to a new audience.  The older collectors seem somewhat "Cloned Out" to an extent. 

Hasbro tried to give us what both we and they thought we wanted:  more Clones, via the Saga Legends line.  And how long did all of those Clone sit?  I was very surprised to see that of all of the Saga Legends figures, the Clones sat the longest.  I think that's proof positive that there is another element at work, and they're buying figures other than Clones.  So with that in mind I think this new line will appeal to that new audience.

Clones may have seemed to last the longest on pegs, but that in part is due to them being packed more in a case or in many refresher cases than other figures.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2008, 01:21 PM »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2008, 01:27 PM »
Very boring regarding the first day issue, makes me feel better i may not be able to hit up a toy store on the 26th.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2008, 03:44 PM »
Boring promotion. I'm glad I'm not getting the animated line. The first day sticker is just a money grab for Hasbro. I'm not buying in to that.

Oh and shame on them for going after the guy on GH about the Falcon. IT'S A TOY for gawd's sake. Not a national farkin' secret...

Gah, trimming down my budget for SW just gets easier everyday. After July, they are going to have to WOW me, to purchase big for the remainder of 2008.

Offline Heart_of_Darkness

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 1, 2008, 09:01 PM »
I'm gonna get back into star wars with the release of the clone wars. I already have $340 as a budget to spend on these figures :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Animated Wave 1
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2008, 05:09 AM »
A new photo of Obi-Wan cropped up...  Check out the front page story for the details.

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77