Author Topic: Wal-Mart Exclusive 30AC Comic Packs  (Read 40894 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: More Wal-Mart Exclusive Comic Packs
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2008, 11:43 AM »
I'll pass on the Lando one. Only thing I like about the Anakin/Dooku one is the cape on Dooku. But I'll pass on it.
I will get a few of the Clone/Wookiee set. I'll use the redecoed Barc as Lieutenants for Gree's 41st Legion.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2008, 12:13 PM »
Those are hilarious! I will probably only want the Wookiee for the Kashyyyk diorama I'm working on.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2008, 05:33 PM »
Those wookies were kind of cool for the ROTS release.  But nowadays they look a bit...well not bad...but they seem outdated to me.  Maybe it's the articulation?  Yeah, I am passing on those comic sets. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2008, 09:31 AM »
Yeah, I didn't think these comic packs were too impressive either.  I'm likely passing on all three as well, although the Lando one might tempt me if I see it in stores.  There's more than enough other stuff to pick up this year, so that makes it easier to pass on these.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2008, 09:43 AM »
Lando does have that Matador swashbuckling vibe going on with the red cape.....he may be worth picking up after all.

I will get the Wookie just to have more in the army but I really will pass on the other 2. Wal-Mart exclusives disappear so quick and you usually do not get a second stab at them in store but I have no doubt I do not want them.

The Droid Factory series is going to be a bitch to track down......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2008, 11:27 AM »
Lando does have that Matador swashbuckling vibe going on with the red cape.....he may be worth picking up after all.

I will get the Wookie just to have more in the army but I really will pass on the other 2. Wal-Mart exclusives disappear so quick and you usually do not get a second stab at them in store but I have no doubt I do not want them.

The Droid Factory series is going to be a bitch to track down......

Well, for me if it wasn't for Walmart.com, I wouldn't have been able to score all of the first wave of WM exclusive comic 2packs. I'm not going to do site-to-store with them again 'cause they put a big sticker on the back of them, so if I have to for both this wave of Comic 2-packs and the Droid Factory sets, I'll order them online and have them shipped directly to my house.

However, something tells me that with all of these exclusives that WM is getting, Hasbro has convinced them to set up a pretty big Clone Wars section this summer. I'm sure the theatrical release of the cartoon really helped with things in that regard.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2008, 02:27 AM »
I absolutely adore the Marvel Comic-colored toys in both the Star Wars and GI Joe lines, so Marvel #44 is a must-buy. I can do without the other two.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2008, 06:36 AM »
im only picking up the lando set and the clone set. I need a good lando so of course that  set is a must. and i notced since the clone has some purple on him i can use him as a commander unit for my mace windu clone squad.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2008, 11:11 AM »
WOW! I never expected to see so much love for Matador Lando, but more power to that set! I really thought it would be a unanimous backlash against it. Hopefully it will not end up like the Cantina Tin sets that's still in stores as we speak!

Regardless, Wally world has the best exclusives this year!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2008, 11:37 AM »
WOW! I never expected to see so much love for Matador Lando, but more power to that set! I really thought it would be a unanimous backlash against it.

Well, I think it's pretty weird. I've never understood all these weird paint schemes Hasbro's coming up with for stormtroopers, even if they are from the comics. As for the Lando, I can understand people buying it for custom fodder. In fact, maybe I would :-X

I'm definitely gonna try to get a Wookiee set, but I probably won't pursue the other two.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2008, 02:48 PM »
I will .......PASSSSSSSSSSSSSS! There will be way to many other Comic Packs coming out that are way better then these REPACKS!  Hasbro is doing me such a great favor this year, its becoming so much EASIER to pass on this stuff!

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2008, 07:24 PM »
Looks like an easy "PASS"! Maybe next time if they include a bonus 1/1 scale Lando Mustache I'd be in for it.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2008, 11:05 PM »
Lando & Kashyyyk Trooper look good to me, but not very impressed with the other four.  ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2008, 10:15 AM »
I can handle the Wookie, clone pack. The others look like passes to me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2008, 04:36 AM »
I absolutely adore the Marvel Comic-colored toys in both the Star Wars and GI Joe lines, so Marvel #44 is a must-buy. I can do without the other two.

I have a soft spot for the Marvel-styled toys too but because of the hours I spent reading those SW comics.  I used to have every one of those 107 comics pinned to my wall, so any figures based on those comics are a guaranteed sell for me.

Besides, Lando's the original baddest ************ in the Star Wars universe.  And now he comes with a red cape?  Oh, hell yeah.  :D