Author Topic: Will Droids become the new Clones?  (Read 13964 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Will Droids become the new Clones?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 11:44 AM »
I think the Droid Factory concept would be a great way to get us these two KOTOR/KOTOR II droids that we wouldn't get otherwise.

Agreed, I would love to see that happen! BTW those customs are awesome, Justin!

I don't mind droids at all, bring 'em on, as long as they're not made-up. I always prefer a cool looking droid repaint to a lame clone repaint. My only problem with astro-droids, which I have a slight collecting focus towards, is that they're not much for my money (which this year will be $8) unless they come with a cool accessory. That's why I like the idea of the Build-A-Droid line, it's pretty much buy a few figures and get a free droid. I hope this line does well so Hasbro considers continuing it.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 11:50 AM »
Gawd, I want that HK-47 droid so bad!

Oooh, what if just MAYBE, THIS is the last build-a-droid figure! That would mean a full wave of 8 KOTOR figures!!!
Bastilla Shan
Carth Onasi
Canderous Ordo
Jolee Bindo
Juhani
Mission Vao
Zaalbar
Sith Soldier

or possibly one of these instead of the Sith Soldier:
Darth Bandon
Republic Soldier
Darth Bandon

In fact, the last Astromech COULD be T3-M4 and the others I listed plus a few more could easily make up a secod wave of KOTOR figs...

Now THAT would be awesome.

OOOH, OR!!! PROXY from The Force Unleashed.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/PROXY

He wasn't talked about at Toy Fair. This would be a great way to get him made, but who would be the figures made in another TFU wave to make this a build-a-droid wave?
PROXY is a critical character from what I understand of the game, so he deserves a figure.

Just some possibilities.

-Sal
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 11:51 AM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 11:56 AM »
Gawd, I want that HK-47 droid so bad!

Oooh, what if just MAYBE, THIS is the last build-a-droid figure! That would mean a full wave of 8 KOTOR figures!!!

Not neccessarily. The R7 unit wasn't in ROTJ, yet he's coming in an ROTJ wave. Therefore, we could still get HK-47, but in another wave. I would prefer an EU wave from a variety of sources rather than an entirely KOTOR wave. I doubt that a KOTOR wave would do very well on the pegs, unfortunately.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 11:56 AM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 12:51 PM »
KOTOR stuff might do well in the Comic Pack format though... rather than a comic included, a game poster.  Or something.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 06:09 PM »
KOTOR stuff might do well in the Comic Pack format though... rather than a comic included, a game poster.  Or something.

And a droid part to make HK-47!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 07:18 PM »
I would LOVE an entire wave dedicated to KOTOR. However, I agree that it wouldn't do so well on the pegs.

Kids and collectors love Sith Lords, that's why the Wave 5 figures and the Evo sets can get away with featuring some of the Sith Lords from the games. I would love it if they figured out a way to bring Darth Sion and Darth Bandon to plastic form.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 08:52 AM »
if Hasbro can slap new colors on existing molds they will.  hopefully it will be after they have done many of the droids we want first.   

That's the statement right there. Between you and Scott, I couldn't agree more.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 10:14 AM »
The more I look at the "build a droids" that we're going to be getting, the less excited I am.  They just don't jump out at me as being anything special... like clones, astromechs have been done to death (again, because of the EE droids in my opinion).  I want more funky droids, not the cookie cutter astromechs that have been available over and over.  But, this is a better pack-in than anything they've done in the past, so I'm not trying to be too hard on Hasbro here.  I'm glad to see them lean in this direction.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 09:01 PM »
The astromechs shown so far disappoint, only because I wanted ones that have been on my wishlist for a while.  There are a bunch of R5's for instance.  However, a couple of my wants are coming, the Watto droid in the WM thing and the Hoth R5 in the battle pack, so it's okay.  But droids for droids sake, I don't know. I'm very interested to see what type of protocol droids they do.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2008, 06:05 PM »
But, this is a better pack-in than anything they've done in the past, so I'm not trying to be too hard on Hasbro here.  I'm glad to see them lean in this direction.

Agreed. Beter than the mini-holos, stands or even the coins. At least we actually get another figure out of them.

Just wish they'd have done MOVIE droids first as the pack-ins. I'm not keen on the made up versions. It could very well be Droid "flavor of the month," soon.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2008, 07:35 PM »
But, this is a better pack-in than anything they've done in the past, so I'm not trying to be too hard on Hasbro here.  I'm glad to see them lean in this direction.

Agreed. Beter than the mini-holos, stands or even the coins. At least we actually get another figure out of them.

+2

I think it's definitely one of the better value-added items that Hasbro has come up with.  It almost makes the price increase a little more bearable.

As for the droid choices?  The R7 units are interesting.  We've never gotten an R7 before, so that's cool.  Throw in some more recognizable droids or ones that fit in with the theme of a wave and I'd be that much happier about the project.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback