Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Clone Wars General Kenobi  (Read 15080 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Clone Wars General Kenobi
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2008, 12:37 AM »
I got my shipping notice.  Looks like mine will arrive on Monday.

Got my shipping notice and reminder that this thing cost nearly $100.  UGH.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2008, 01:50 PM »
Mine just arrived!  The armor is pretty cool...a very hard plastic and good detail.  The head sculpt is a great AOTC Obi-Wan likeness.  It does come with extra hands as well as an ignited and ignited lightsabers and the exclusive is really clever.  Cmdr Rex's hologram is actually attached to an extra gauntlet...I originally thought he would clip onto it.

I have it set up holding the ignited lightsaber in his left hand and right arm up like he's listening to Cmdr Rex's report.  Nice addition to my Sideshow/Medicom shelf.   ;D

Great!  Sounds like we might be able to swallow the $100 price tag then.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2008, 05:36 PM »
Got mine today and i have to say i am very impressed. I had thought about cancelling my order but i am glad i didnt. The head sculpt is great as is the overall figure. Very nice.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2008, 07:05 PM »
I got my General Kenobi yesterday and finally opened him today.  I am impressed with this offering.  I only have two real complaints - I think the eyes (or perhaps the whole face) is a bit too "shiny" and it makes him seem glassy-eyed.  My second complaint is cosmetic - my figures left thigh pad has a big brown smudge on it.  I may look at emailing Sideshow and see if they can replace it.

Things I like - I love all the interchangeable hands and guantlet (exclusive version).  I think they way they did the jump suit under the armor is just great!!  All, in all, I give this figure a solid A-

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2008, 11:18 PM »
Got my Kenobi in the mail today and he is AWESOME.  Currently my favorite 12" figure of all time.  Amazing detail on the head and the cloth cloak plus armor is so sweet!  Nice to see the little mini Cody holo as well.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2008, 01:18 AM »
I got my General Kenobi yesterday and finally opened him today.  I am impressed with this offering.  I only have two real complaints - I think the eyes (or perhaps the whole face) is a bit too "shiny" and it makes him seem glassy-eyed.  My second complaint is cosmetic - my figures left thigh pad has a big brown smudge on it.  I may look at emailing Sideshow and see if they can replace it.

Things I like - I love all the interchangeable hands and guantlet (exclusive version).  I think they way they did the jump suit under the armor is just great!!  All, in all, I give this figure a solid A-

Mine does not have any smudges on the armor.  I didn't notice the shiny head either...but the way mine's displayed there isn't any direct light on it so it's not at all noticable.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2008, 01:40 AM »

Really an amazing piece. Almost has as much presence as Jabba.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2008, 06:45 PM »
Great photos! I agree - this is one of my favorite ones from Sideshow.
Beth