Author Topic: Five Movie Waves This Year  (Read 13257 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Five Movie Waves This Year
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2008, 03:59 PM »
Agreed, Grievous and his bodyguard desperately need resculpts. I also think Aayla needs a resculpt, but that's a long shot. I can't stand the ROTS figure.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2008, 09:15 AM »
I'll agree about Grevious as well. I'm not two thrilled about another ROTS line, but if we did get a proper Grevious, it would help.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2008, 09:25 AM »
Ok, from this week's Q and A at SSG:

SSG: The Hasbro SW Toy Fair press release has The Legacy Collection clocking in at 30 basic figures. Back in October, you told us "For 2008, we are going to take the classic total down by about one wave. So from the current 60 figures this year, expect around 53 figures or so." The '08 TAC line has 15 figures total across its 2 waves, so according to your info, adding another 30 basic figures will give us a total of just 45 figures, a whole wave smaller than the 53-ish you originally stated. Has an '08 wave been pushed back out of the year, or are there more figures to be expected in the TLC line than the press release stated?
Hasbro: The answer is that yes, a wave has moved due to sculpting delays, but no the number will not come down to less than 50 figures for 2008. Here's the score: you know about the 15 from TAC in Spring, along with the 16 that were shown between Waves 1 and 2 of Legacy Collection (Droid Factory), bringing the total to 31 "seen" so far. In addition, another 24 figures are on schedule, including a redeco wave which was created to replace the delayed wave (there will now be 8 unique Droid factory figures for the Fall figures, four Astro droids in Waves 1 & 3 and 4 Protocol droids for the subsequent waves). These figures will be spaced out from 7/26 launch until the end of the year, or about 6-8 per month through the Fall if all goes according to the firmed up schedule.

Ok, from reading this, it sounds like there are 24 Legacy figures left after the ones we've already seen (ROTJ and CW).  I'm guessing that maybe the "waves 1 and 3" quote was mis-typed, since we know that waves 1 and 2 both have the "2 astro-droid build-a-droid" set up.  They go on to say that there will be four protocol droids in the subsequent waves.  Since they mentioned at Toy Fair that the 6 figure waves will come with a proto droid, I guess that means we have four waves of 6 figures each coming after the initial two waves.

Anyways, going by that, we know that one wave is ROTS-based, and we now know that one of these will be a repaint wave.  I guess, if this count is correct, that we've got two more waves on the way this year.  We know that TPM has been pushed to 2009 (last we heard anyways), and with Willrow coming next year, its possible that ESB might be in 2009 as well.  Personally, I'm really hoping that both of these waves will be OT-based, since we'll be getting plenty of Clone Wars stuff, in addition to the CW and ROTS waves, and the ROTS stuff we've already gotten.  It just seems a little light on the OT, and I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2008, 02:57 PM »
Kind of continuing on my post above, after the new rumors we have gotten over the weekend, we might know the lineup for the rest of the year if everything holds true.  In total, it sort of looks like this (from rumors/Hasbro Q and A's):

Legacy Wave 1: ROTJ themed w/R4-D6, R7-Z0 (confirmed)
Legacy Wave 2: Clone Wars themed w/R7-T1, R4-J1 (confirmed)
Legacy Wave 3: ANH themed w/U-3PO (rumored)
Legacy Wave 4: ESB themed w/E-3PO (rumored)
Legacy Wave 5: ROTS themed w/G-3PO (ROTS wave is confirmed I believe)
Legacy Wave 6: Unknown theme/Repaint w/protocol droid (repaint wave is confirmed at some point, and going by figure counts, this would likely be a protocol droid wave as well)

Overall, I'm happier now that we might be getting waves for each of the OT movies.  I like the prequels fine too, and I'm excited for Clone Wars, but I'm an OT-fan at heart and I've kind of missed that lately.  ROTS still gets two waves, but if it gets us some much needed figures (like all new/scaled Grievous, red robes Palps, etc.) that's fine with me.  Overall it doesn't look too bad though.  Its nice to get some new rumors, because I'm guessing we won't get anything "official" out of Hasbro until Comic Con now - and that's a long wait.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2008, 09:00 PM »
Based on Hasbro's answer to one of our questions, it sounds like 2008 will look like this:

- 30AC RotS
- 30AC TFU

- Legacy RotJ
- Legacy "old" CW
- Legacy repaints
- Legacy RotS (again)
- Legacy ANH

Looks like the rumored ESB wave is getting bumped to 2009.   

I wonder if that wave is Willrow's wave or if we're going to end up getting two ESB waves in 2009 because of the bump?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2008, 09:25 PM »
This is a little bit of a bummer, but I do think it means there will be (could be I guess the way things move around) 2 ESB waves in '09.  Only because they said in the Q/A that they had just started the work on Willrow.  There's been a ESB wave planned for '08 since at least last year; apparently it's been moved.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2008, 09:41 PM »
Well, hopefully the EPIV wave will be worth it since after the ROTJ wave, I will be out of Star Wars collecting for about 6 months...

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2008, 12:11 AM »
Me too, Paul.  Jeezus, Hasbro treats ROTS like it's the freaking end-all-be-all of Star Wars movies!  Enough already!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2008, 09:52 AM »
Based on Hasbro's answer to one of our questions, it sounds like 2008 will look like this:

- 30AC RotS
- 30AC TFU

- Legacy RotJ
- Legacy "old" CW
- Legacy repaints
- Legacy RotS (again)
- Legacy ANH

Looks like the rumored ESB wave is getting bumped to 2009.

I'm a little bit bummed about this too, as I was looking forward to some more OT-goodness later this year.  Unless the repaint wave holds some surprises, we're going to have quite a wait/drought of OT figures for awhile.  The ROTJ wave will hit on 7/26, and we might not see that ANH wave until December (if that's the order).  I like the CW and prequel stuff as well, but I wish we had a little more of a mix this year, especially with the big focus on prequel characters/vehicles/etc. with the Clone Wars push.  At least we still have more Evolutions packs, as well as rumored UBPs :).  I just miss the OT stuff.  I keep telling myself that if I could limit myself to OT-only, it sure would be a cheap year the way it looks.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 10:26 AM by Brian »