Author Topic: Hayden Christensen hates Star Wars, too  (Read 14328 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Hayden Christensen hates Star Wars, too
« on: February 20, 2008, 04:01 PM »
CHRISTENSEN: 'NO MORE STAR WARS'

2008-02-20 20:06:48 -

Hollywood actor HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN will not take part in any future STAR WARS movies - because the sci-fi franchise stifled his creativity.

The Jumper star played Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader in the final Star Wars trilogy - but he has vowed never again to work with director George Lucas on big budget sci-fi projects.

He tells New York Daily News, "It wasn't necessarily anything you could feel good about creatively. It's not why you become an actor, to do stuff like that."

Then why'd you do it, numbnuts? 

(Oh yeah, 'cause you'd be set for life financially, that's why.  Taking a job for a paycheck and then bitching afterward about how much it sucked is such a classy move.)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Hayden Christensen hates Star Wars, too
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 04:13 PM »
Oh yeah, 'cause you'd be set for life financially, that's why. 

I've heard that those guys, much like their OT counterparts, didn't make **** off the movies.  GL pitches the job as 'the role of a lifetime.'
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 04:14 PM by ruiner »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 04:44 PM »
Alec Guinness was financially set or life after making Star Wars, not any of his other roles which brought him so much critical acclaim.  I'm sure Hayden, and the rest have no problem cashing that residual check when it comes in.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 12:42 PM »
Residuals?

None of the actors from the OT got residuals.

I highly doubt any from the PT did either.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 01:25 PM »
Hollywood actor HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN will not take part in any future STAR WARS movies - because the sci-fi franchise stifled his creativity.

What creativity? Hayden looks and acts exactly the same in all of the movies I've seen him in - like he's bored out of his mind.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 01:26 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 04:52 PM »
Yeah, well we hate his acting too!

I really hate hearing this ****. Harrison Ford has slammed star wars for years until his career went south of the border. He has made bomb after bomb in recent years, he has not had a memorable hit for years. What movie role did he crawl back into to have people like him again and get some spotlight....Indiana Jones.

Mark Hamil rules! At least he accepted and embraced his fate as Luke Skywalker. He would gladly don his Jedi robes any day of the week. I have never heard him slam Star Wars, he is not broke and appreciates his fandom.

Hayden Christian has nothing to slam, he is a bad actor who will never amount to be anything else of note other than Anakin. Give the snot 5 years, that bum will be signing pictures in a musty convention hall to bearded guys with moobs soon enough!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 04:55 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 12:10 AM »
Harrison Ford always said he would play Indiana Jones again...I think it's because he was the star whereas in Star Wars, the story was more about Luke than Han.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 12:05 PM »
I think Hayden did more to Star Wars more than Star Wars did to Hayden.  :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 12:40 PM »
Although I didn't see it personally (clips were played on the Forcecast this week), I guess Hayden was on Jimmy Kimmel promoting Jumper, and spoke very positively about his Star Wars experience.  I don't remember exact quotes, but he mentioned knowing that it would probably follow him for along time, but he's really happy he was in the movies and got to play an amazing character.  He also mentioned the props he was given/taken from his movies, including lightsabers and his boots.  Anyways, just heard this earlier and thought I'd pass it along here.

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 1, 2008, 03:11 PM »
Portman and even McGregor slammed STAR WARS in recent years following ROTS, I cant say that I blame them as Lucas' has become a proof positive terrible storyteller, and never was much of a Director. 

Lucas' best attributes was combining various other peoples works, like Dune, Flash Gordon, Foundation/Robot Series and various Sci-fi serials along with adding in Greek and Roman mythology.

George Lucas is just a highly successful pastiche artist.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2008, 03:13 PM by Darth Vorax »

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #10 on: March 2, 2008, 10:19 PM »
^ True, and basically he is an excellent "idea man" but a terrible director and screenwriter. There needs to be one or two layers of mediation (directors, editors, screenwriters) between him and the final product.

In Empire of Dreams, Ford described Lucas' impatience for dealing with actors and their inability to just instantly "get" what he wanted out of their performance by reading the screenplay.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2008, 10:27 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 8, 2008, 11:05 PM »
Portman and even McGregor slammed STAR WARS in recent years following ROTS, I cant say that I blame them as Lucas' has become a proof positive terrible storyteller, and never was much of a Director. 

I'm not so sure that I'd say that.  I think Lucas's strengths are as a storyteller.  But as a director of actors?  That's where I think he may fall short.  The movies have never really been about the actors.  That's probably why Lucas shied away from a name actor for Anakin, like DiCaprio, Matt Damon or the Dawson's Creek guy. 

The movies have been about the overall story and creating that world visually.  And Lucas writes a decent script.  Perhaps his dialogue is weak, but a script is more than just conversations.  And he's a master editor.  That part of the equation doesn't come up that often.  A movie can be made or ruined in the editing suite, and watching the behind the scenes clips from the DVD's, Lucas is doing some amazing things in the edit suite.

As for the actors?  Lucas has been a Hollywood renegade.  He's made a career of thumbing his nose at the studio system in LA.  So I could see his actors trying to gain a little credit with the Hollywood establishment by slagging Lucas. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 01:54 PM »
I think that is just Hayden's way of saying "I sucked in that movie because I wasn't given proper direction." There are actors out there that do with very little direction and give a much better performance than Hayden could ever dream of. (ie Johnny Depp). Hayden has pretty much sucked in every other movie he has ever been in.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 02:57 PM »
Has anyone seen Jumper? I heard it was everything Star Wars could never be.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 11:00 PM »
Has anyone seen Jumper? I heard it was everything Star Wars could never be.

Yeah a flop after just one good week....

Jumper could never compare to Star Wars.

I saw the movie and while his acting was a little better, I must stress the "little" part. The story was just meh. Really the main highlight besides the special effects was anytime Rachel Bilson was on screen, rowr rowr...and there's rumors that the two of them are bf/gf. That's ONE acting job he's gotten right if he made her believe he was someone worth dating.

I'm sick and tired of actors dissing SW. If they didn't know the rabid following the OT had, before they signed up to do the PT, then they are either stupid or ignorant. A fan following like SW practically means a built in audience for any future movies. At least in part anyway.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010