Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" Deluxe Figures  (Read 37285 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Deluxe Figures
« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2008, 03:05 PM »
The deluxe figures have done pretty well so far, so hopefully we'll see this line continue... some of these have been mentioned already, but speculating is always fun...

Temple of Doom
- Temple thug 2-pk
- Short Round w/ small elephant
- British Solder 2-pk

The Last Crusade
- Sallah w/ camel
- Indy w/ Sir Richard's casket/Grail tablet
- Indy w/ Grail temple spinning blades

Crystal Skull
- Indy w/ area 51 crate and alien corpse
- Indy w/ refrigerator & manakin
- Russian soldier 2-pk

Offline darthjaybay

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2008, 05:48 PM »
Man, I would buy ALL of those sets!  The only other possibilities that I can think of would be:
Indy w/ Bridge (TOD)
Shorty or Thugee w/ Mine car (TOD)
Willie w/ sacrifice cage (TOD)

Im sure of everything you listed and I have listed, we are bound to get a few of them!  Hopefully Hasbro will give a glimpse of the future deluxe sets at SDCC...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2008, 02:36 AM »
The pic came up as a red x for me Nick, and I couldn't get it to load for some reason when I copied the link...  Still though about the project I'm torn on how low the handlebars will sit and other small details that may hinder my opinion of the final look of it, should I go through with it...

Maisto made a nice WW2 Harley I guess but I've never actually seen it.  People have been taking Maisto wheels to replace the Indy German bike's wheels with, as the spokes are separate and not that solid mold.  That didn't bug me much, it's only $10 afterall, but I see where people are coming from too on it.

I think combining the German bike (it's very generic) with parts of the Mutt bike may actually make a better WW2 Harley actually.

I'm trying to think if I've seen any good shots of a WW2 with the steel "boxes" on the rear, or if that's a post-war thing.  That's a good point to consider though that I hadn't thought of till now.  I was going to go with leather regardless, just as I know leather was common enough...  The Thompson holster will be something I'd have to craft from pleather I think, or sculpt/cast which I really don't know if I'd pull it off well.  I'd aim for the pleather first I think, especially so it was very functional.

Indy w/horse would be a good starting base to make a rider for it too I think, though definitely gonna need a fair piece of work too.  It's a solid project for some point I think.  Of course, by then watch someone make a 1:18 scale WW2 Harley and totally usurp the idea...  Eh, wouldn't be the first time that happened.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2008, 02:17 PM »
Here's the US Navy Harley Model U

Here's an Army version but with the saddlebags

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2008, 03:07 PM »
The Mutt bike looks like it might be a tad longer.  Hmmm...  The handlebars too, with the front wheel, look like they're placed significantly different too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2008, 04:08 PM »
Are we even sure that Mutt's bike in the movie was a vintage Harley?  Nick's picture doesn't even look like it has a V-Twin in it and Mutt's bike would be 10-15 years newer anyway, wouldn't it? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2008, 05:01 PM »
Nick, I don't think that is a Harley.  That photo has the oppossed engine like the BMW and the Post War Chinese CJ750 and not the V that Harley is known for.

WLA and WHA's looked like this:

I have not seen them with Metal Pannier bags before, I've seen German Bikes of several types with Metal ones.

Here is a CJ for Comparison:

It is possible that Mutt's could be made to look like a WLA but my guess it is a Panhead they are more low slung.  Also, lets remember this is Lucas and Spielberg, in the Indy movies certain Anachronisms don't concern them, the bike Mutt is on could very well be a 1977 Springer model or Road King with some mods and tweaks to look like a 50's bike.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2008, 05:13 PM »
From the wishlist thread...

10. Crocodile (SA with ripped clothing and/or Thugee body parts)

I think that's an awesome idea and something I think would be great for the deluxe line.

^ Yeah that's a fantastic idea!

How about some sort of inside of the train from Last Crusade...

- Young Indy
- crawl ramp (or whatever it's called)
- two boxes full of snakes, etc.

Hell yeah! Throw in a SA lion and maybe Young Indy with whip and bleeding chin. I want to have a SA 3.75 inch zoo by the time the Indy line concludes.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2008, 06:29 PM »
Finally found the deluxe German Motorcycle at TRU. Very nice set, the Soldier especially is top-notch. It may be one of my favorite Indy figures so far, I love the use of soft goods, and the accesories rock too. I hope we see the MP-40 w/ strap rotated in with more German figures in the future. Hopefully this guy will be repacked on a single card, as I'd love to get more of him, maybe in an "Indy Legends" line?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2008, 08:22 PM »
Does anyone know when the Mutt w/Motorcycle and Cairo Henchmen 2-pack deluxe figures are supposed to ship? Are they soon or they coming out more towards the release of the ToD wave in the fall?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #145 on: July 6, 2008, 10:20 PM »
While I was checking the status of my Kubrick pre-orders tonight, I noticed the following figures listed for pre-order at Robby.jp (a Japanese wholesaler website):

"Deluxe Figure Indiana Jones with Rocket Thread"
"Deluxe Figure Indiana Jones with Map Room"
"Deluxe Figure Indiana Jones with Soul Trap"
(sorry no pics available)

All three have an 8/31 release date and are listed in a case revision with Mutt w/Bike and Cairo Thugs 2-pk.

The "Soul Trap" is a new listing and is not one of the two "trap" sets we already have since they have those listed as well (with the 5/1 date).

Thoughts?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 6, 2008, 11:15 PM »
Too small to be a Well of Souls deal if it's in the deluxe line, unless they are restructuring it somehow to take multiple pieces to get the end result.  Soul trap?  Weird.

Any good deals?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 6, 2008, 11:25 PM »
I'm guessing the Map Room set will be a rush job like the deluxe Ark set. Probably the same Indy with the Staff of Ra and maybe the mini version of the city?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 7, 2008, 12:09 AM »
Interesting. If that is indeed a rocket sled, it's going to be mighty scaled down. I'll still pick it up though.  :P

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #149 on: July 7, 2008, 12:10 AM »
Rocket sled as a Deluxe? Darn...there's little hope of that not being lame.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com