Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" Deluxe Figures  (Read 37437 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Deluxe Figures
« Reply #150 on: July 7, 2008, 01:02 AM »
I'm intrigued.  I dig hearing a Maproom might be on the way...  :)  The Rocket Sled, eh...  Not sure I'm into that one  yet.  The Soul Trap sounds interesting though, as I liked those little environment sets they made...  I thought maybe it would have something to do with Temple of Doom, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, good news on the Maproom.  I just hope they execute substantially better than Indy w/Ark because that figure's decent, but that Ark blows.  And Indy should have his satchel, his diary/book, and an accurately scaled staff of Ra too.  Gotta be perfect this time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 7, 2008, 10:56 AM »
The Map Room could be cool and I'd probably pick it up.  The others, I'd have to wait and see, but I'm thinking no.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 7, 2008, 01:57 PM »
Yeah, and I saw the other day that Wal-Mart finally jacked up the price to $10.96 instead of just leaving them at the decent $9.96 price.  I knew they would do it eventually. 

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2008, 05:52 PM »
I saw in a couple of Q & A's that the Ark Ghost will be a deluxe figure in 2009.  A site asked if the sacrificial cage and mine cars would be deluxe.  Hasbro would only say that one of those or a few of those may be coming.  They said something cryptic like that. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2008, 11:55 PM »
Best answer from the Q&A this week so far

"Q2. Will you be making an Ark Ghost in the 3.75 inch lineup? The adventure heroes ghost is my personal favorite and I think it would go great with the basic figure lineup as well! You could include a rotating head with the peaceful looking lady on one side and the other have the angry skull face.

A2. Yes, we plan on getting this out Spring of next year in the Deluxe lineup."

Very nice to hear.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 13, 2008, 02:00 AM »
The "Soul Trap" really must be referring to the Well of the Souls.  Perhaps it has something to do with snakes, or maybe the corridor with mummies and skeletons...
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #156 on: August 1, 2008, 08:06 PM »
I found the Mutt/Motorcycle and Cairo Thugs 2-pack at Target tonight...   

I wasn't looking for them and I probably wouldn't have even noticed them, but one of the boys pointed at the Indy stuff and said, "motorcycle!"  Glad I took the time to see where he was pointing! :)
« Last Edit: August 2, 2008, 12:23 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #157 on: August 5, 2008, 09:48 AM »
The bike doesn't look to be very similar to the German cycle.  I noticed a certain genericness to it that I figured would be for re-use as other bikes, but either this one's got a lot of extra stuff to fancy it up, or it's a new bike.

Just a note to say that I finally got around to opening my new deluxe figures and yes, Mutt's bike is all new.  It was nice to see that it wasn't just a kitbashed german motorcycle and was actually new to the Indy line. :)

Mutt looks the same to me other than the hands and perhaps a new head sculpt... I hope those glasses are removable...

Mutt is pretty much a kitbash of the KotCS jacket figure with the glasses on and painted hands/gloves.   Glasss are not technically removable.  They are glued on, so I supposed if a person was crafty, they could pull them off, paint his eyes and then rig up a way to get them back on... seems like a lot of work though since there are plenty of Mutt heads out there.

It shouldn't be too similar to the German cycle given Mutt was riding a Harley in the movie.  I doubt that Hasbro went to the trouble of getting the license to put Harley Davidson on the bike, but one can hope. 

The back of the card calls it a "home-built motorcycle", so no HD symbol on the bike.   :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: August 6, 2008, 01:28 AM »
It's amazing what licenses need paid out there too...  I know the military line I collect has had to pay for the "Humvee" name, or "Dodge", and even the likeness of General Patton was a licensed thing that had to be paid.  I'd imagine Harley would want a lot for their name/emblem.

Good score on the figures Jeff...  Something to keep an eye out for I guess but I think I'm only buying the Cairo thugs if I see them.  Love those thugs.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #159 on: August 6, 2008, 10:54 PM »
I picked up the Thugs at a Wal-Mart today.  No Mutt.  No TLC wave...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2008, 07:11 PM »
Grabbed the Thugs the other night too. No sign of the Mutt w/Motorcycle figure. I guess someone came in and snatched them all up or the WM where I found them got in cases where there weren't any Mutt w/Motorcycle figures in the ratio. I had thought the thugs were only packed at 1 per case while Mutt was at 2 per case. Since there was easily 8 - 10 Thug sets, does that mean that this store sold through 16 - 20 Mutt Williams figures in two days?! That seems highly unlikely to me considering how poorly the basic Mutt figures sell.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2008, 11:04 PM »
While I was checking the status of my Kubrick pre-orders tonight, I noticed the following figures listed for pre-order at Robby.jp (a Japanese wholesaler website):

"Deluxe Figure Indiana Jones with Rocket Thread"
"Deluxe Figure Indiana Jones with Map Room"
"Deluxe Figure Indiana Jones with Soul Trap"
(sorry no pics available)

According to this week's Q&A session, these are not coming... :(

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2008, 11:36 PM »
I don't think that ANYTHING is coming...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2008, 01:34 AM »
I don't think that ANYTHING is coming...

Nope.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2008, 11:46 AM »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!