Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" Vehicles  (Read 53083 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Hasbro 3.75" Vehicles
« on: February 21, 2008, 10:12 AM »
Here's some boxed and loose pics of the first couple vehicles from the Indy line.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 12:00 PM »
These look nice, but I still think that the Troop Car is too big.  We'll see later...Anyway, after watching Last Crusade the other day, I don't think that the tank is really that out of the question.   It's really not that big, and I could see it fittting into the vehicle assortment...maybe.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 01:18 PM »
Anyone catch this bit on the packaging shots?

"Insert converts into diorama and crate!  Save packaging for use with vehicles.  See bottom for instructions."

Sounds interesting.  Anyone know anything more about it?  Jeff?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 01:33 PM »
Some of the interior packaging (cardboard, etc) will be printed so you can use it.  Think of something along the lines of the pop-up Cantina/Palace, but no where near as intricate.  Basically a cardboard dropback. Also, they said that some of the cardboard inserts could be folded and used as "crates" for the trucks, but they didn't have any samples to show us...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 01:47 PM »
Huh.  Thanks.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 03:20 PM »
I'm loving the useable packaging...  In the Toy Fair Photos you can see the boxes laying around (from the carded figures) spread around the figure display, so they were there, weren't they?  At least that's what I thought they were...  The packaging for the vehicles being useable in a way is equally neat.  That's something they should consider with Star Wars, considering how much packaging we go through every year.  It'd be nice if you got Death Star Cargo Boxes or something like that as part of the packaging so you didn't feel so bad tossing it all out.

On the Troop Car, I cannot stress again, it's just about perfect.  It's a big 4WD car...  :)  I'm very excited about the vehicles for the Raiders line and the motorcycle from TLC.  Outstanding stuff!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 09:00 PM »
Jesse, I always respect what you have to say, and just to see for myself, I just watched the truck chase again from Raiders.  If you notice when they are right next to each other (right before going off the cliff) the truck's bumper lines up with the top of the troop car's wheel well.  The truck is much higher, and maybe that's where I'm thinking the troop car is too big.  Maybe the truck is too small. It looks like Hasbro used the same wheels on each, making them about the same height.  Believe me, it's a cool toy, and with a few germans loaded into it, it will be really fun.  Now all we need is a Nazi with the goggles!

Also, now that I look at these toys again, I wish Hasbro would use some of the weathering techniques they use on the SW stuff.  They're just too clean! ;)

Here's the insert...http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/toyfair2008/photos/indianajones/target23.html
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 09:03 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 09:31 PM »
I've been more referencing real-world counterparts than the film vehicles...  The Indy Truck was basically recreated on a GMC which would likely have sat higher than the actual Mercedes Benz truck I'd guess...  The German car, just eyeballing it compared to photos of the actual car its based on, seems like it'd fit 1:18 figures great...  It looks a tad big compared to Indy figures, but 3.75" figures are a tad smaller than true 1:18 figures...  Enough that that kind of difference may become more noticeable.

I'd say for what they are based on, I think they're accurately scaled, but for what the film vehicles were, I'm not sure.  I'm positive both the car and truck were recreated 100%...  I know the truck was on a GMC truck, but I don't know what the cars were based on or if they were just recreated from scratch more or less.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 09:43 PM »
I'm very happy with these vehicles and I cannot wait to pick them up. I think I like the jeep more than the truck, but both are cool. I hope the MG-42 (Is that right? I'm not to good with my guns :-[) on the jeep is removable. It reminds me of the missile launching Clone Rifle that came with the Turbo Tank Driver in 2005. Kinda fun, but kinda ridiculous looking at the same time.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 09:58 PM »
I think it's intended to be an MG-42, but ultimately I think Indy takes place prior to '42 making the gun (if that's what is in the movie) inaccurate...  Instead they should have MG34's mounted on them, but either way I'll 100% be removing that monstrosity off the back...

For anyone curious, Target has $5 Germans out right now that several come with an MG-42...  It would be simple mounting one to the back of the German car I think. 

I hope we get a cool German w/bike & sidecar too for this chase set as well at some point.  Seems obvious, but you never know.  The bike's a little on the "chunky" side, but it's pretty outstanding looking still, and I can just see it in desert tan with a guy in the sidecar and a guy on the bike, and some goggles.

And I agree with speedermike, we need a German with goggles, period, for these.  If you want, again, 21st's line at Wal-Mart has some DAK Germans, as does Toys R Us, and I believe there's one figure with a headsculpt that has goggles down on it that would work perfectly.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 4, 2008, 10:17 AM »
The vehicles from Raiders seem to be listed at HTS now, with a shipping date of 5/28.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 12:30 PM »
Action Figure Insider has been doing some previews of some of the Indy stuff coming out this week, and today have a look at the cargo truck from ROTLA.  I was thinking I might have to pass on the vehicles to save some money, but after seeing the pics in this preview, I just might have to grab this one.  We'll see.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 02:59 PM »
That truck is awesome.  The motorcycle looks pretty nice as well.  This line is looking better and better all the time.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 04:13 PM »
The truck and trooper carrier are both AWESOME.

I like the fact that they don't use stickers, and no assembly is required.  I was quite pleased when I opened these.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 1, 2008, 12:17 PM »
I very much like the line for making little scenes from Raiders at least.  Yeah, some of the paint jobs are not that great on the figures but overall it serves the purpose for me of recreating the chase scene and others.  I really like all the German stuff.  I have to buy that cargo truck and fill the outside and inside with Germans for Indy to whoop ass upon.  Of course I will have fun dragging Indy under it. 

I will cave in and buy the troop car.  Hopefully one day we will get Toht, Belloq with the white shirt, and whoever that main German guy is.  I can not remember the name of the character now.  Anyway. Indy will have to chase those bastards down and run them off the road.  LOL! 

My wife is going to crap her pants after she finds out I am buying another toy line.  I may be divorced after this.  Just kidding of course.  I will have to remind her that it could be worse.  I could have a smoking habit or a drug habit.  For some reason that usually works but can only use that excuse sparingly  ;D