Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" Vehicles  (Read 53074 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Vehicles
« Reply #15 on: May 1, 2008, 01:16 PM »
I very much like the line for making little scenes from Raiders at least.  Yeah, some of the paint jobs are not that great on the figures but overall it serves the purpose for me of recreating the chase scene and others.  I really like all the German stuff.  I have to buy that cargo truck and fill the outside and inside with Germans for Indy to whoop ass upon.  Of course I will have fun dragging Indy under it. 

I will cave in and buy the troop car.  Hopefully one day we will get Toht, Belloq with the white shirt, and whoever that main German guy is.  I can not remember the name of the character now.  Anyway. Indy will have to chase those bastards down and run them off the road.  LOL! 

My wife is going to crap her pants after she finds out I am buying another toy line.  I may be divorced after this.  Just kidding of course.  I will have to remind her that it could be worse.  I could have a smoking habit or a drug habit.  For some reason that usually works but can only use that excuse sparingly  ;D

I feel pretty much the same way... also sounds like we married similar women.  Heh.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 1, 2008, 01:33 PM »
My wife is going to crap her pants after she finds out I am buying another toy line.  I may be divorced after this.  Just kidding of course.  I will have to remind her that it could be worse.  I could have a smoking habit or a drug habit.  For some reason that usually works but can only use that excuse sparingly  ;D

I feel pretty much the same way... also sounds like we married similar women.  Heh.

Ditto for me as well. That's part of my motivation for only getting an open set of this line. If I were to start to stockpile carded/boxed IJ stuff, my wife would kill me.

I use the "I don't do drugs/smoke" excuse all the time. Here in NJ a pack of smokes = 1 basic figure so it's easy for me to throw up to her that when I buy a figure I still have it years later and she can't say the same about the 2 packs of cigarettes she smokes every week.

I can't wait to see what she says when I come home with two AT-TEs and two BMFs.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #17 on: May 1, 2008, 09:18 PM »
Wow.  The troop car is very cool.  I had thought from the Toy Fair pictures that it was way too big, but it's really on the money.  The truck is aces too!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 2, 2008, 02:09 AM »
I got the car and truck yesterday, along with 9 Nazis to populate them. Really good stuff. I love the box dios... their kind of fun.

Does anyone know if any other $20 items are coming out? (aside from Jungle Cutter) I think the tank from Last Crusade and an elephant from Temple of Doom would be really cool for the line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 11:02 AM »
After checking some stores this weekend, it seems like the vehicles are quick sellers (or under stocked).  I don't think that I've seen one since the opening day, and I'm glad I picked up the truck at that point.  Of course, like I said, it might just be that they haven't shipped real heavily yet.  I saw that someone found the "jungle cutter" from KOTCS at a Target, so if anyone's looking for that one it might be time to start checking.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 01:42 PM »
Picked up the jungle cutter just now at Target while on lunch... pretty cool vehicle.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 02:20 PM »
I finally found the truck at a couple out of town stores over the weekend.  I found them at TRU, Target and one WM I was in.  I bought one at TRU.

Opened it last night and I'm hugely impressed with it.  It might be the best vehicle out of Hasbro in a while.  It's solidly built, plenty of detail and action to go with it and the most incredible thing; not a single twist tie in the box.

That's the type of thing I love to see out of Hasbro and proves that they can make an exceptional toy when they want.  I initially passed on the troop car (but plan on buying) and now that I've seen how awesome the truck is I'm going to move the car up the list of must haves.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 03:02 PM »
Agreed... and the troop car is pretty good too.  I really like how you don't have to mess with twisty ties on these, just open the box and your vehicle rolls right on out...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 03:19 PM »
Agreed... and the troop car is pretty good too.  I really like how you don't have to mess with twisty ties on these, just open the box and your vehicle rolls right on out...

Agreed on the twisty tie issue.  Those seem to have gotten so crazy on toys these days, it seems like such a relief when you open something up and they aren't there.  I've noticed over the past few Christmas/birthday get togethers with our family that they are almost even worse with little kid/baby toys.  Wires everywhere, some even going through the toys themselves - yeah, that's safer for the kiddos :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 03:29 PM »
Sadly the twist ties and plastic are a result of fine human nature.  Dating myself here, but back in the glory days you could by the 12" GI Joe figures in an unsealed box.  The Joe, clothes, documents and accessories were left in the box.  Nobody came along and pulled them out and if they did and were caught, the store pressed charges, the parents actually gave a crap and the kid likely never did it again for the most part. 

Nowadays, we have adults peeling open figures to get mail away stickers; opening Hot Wheels "Mystery cars" to see which version it is and people returning the wrong figures in packaging because they're so frighteningly cheap. 

I'm happy the vehicles just roll on out, that's how it used to be.  But I sure don't blame manufacturers, it's the only way they can actually ensure that someone gets what they paid for. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 09:57 PM »
Chewie...you got the Hasbro Jungle Cutter, or the Lego?   I didn't know that was even shipping!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 12:29 PM »
Chewie...you got the Hasbro Jungle Cutter, or the Lego?   I didn't know that was even shipping!

Hasbro version... it's a little bit under scaled, but man it's cool!  When you push it, the blades on the front spin.  Very nice.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 01:41 PM »
Jungle cutter? Any pics? I never heard about that. ???
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008, 01:45 PM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2008, 03:14 PM »
Sucks that it doesn't have working treads, that scares me when they decide to make TLC tank.