Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" Vehicles  (Read 53072 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Vehicles
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2008, 10:54 AM »
But...anyone else think we might get a rocket sled?  It could be pretty cool, and, like the trooop transport, come with some equipment, such as that control console that sets the whole thing off.

I'd dig a Rocket Sled. Maybe they could throw in some prairie dogs too! ;D

But then we'd need Hangar 51 Indy and Hangar 51 Dovchenko. :(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2008, 06:22 PM »

But...anyone else think we might get a rocket sled? 

I'd buy it. Because of its smaller size, It would probably have to come with some "extra" stuff, like the aforementioned control console, and maybe an incinerated Soviet Soldier as a pack-in.  ;D

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2008, 08:27 PM »
But then we'd need Hangar 51 Indy and Hangar 51 Dovchenko. :(

Since the Indy w/Rocket Launcher doesn't have a Jacket and has a removeable fedora, isn't that close enough to being a Hanger 51 Indy figure?

In the scene where Indy emerges from the back of the truck and says "I'd cover your ears right now..." he has his jacket on, so the rocket launcher really belongs with the other Indy figure.

Granted I only saw KotCS one time so far, but I think with the exception of Indy in his suit from the scenes around the college, Indy is pretty well covered for this movie. There are far more Indy variations from other movies that I would rather see first (Tuxedo from ToD opening sequence for example).

I wouldn't mind seeing Dovchenko in his US Army soldier uniform, as well as a couple Russians disguised as US Army soldiers from the sequence at the beginning of the film at Hangar 51.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 1, 2008, 10:50 AM »
I would love the Rocket Sled.  I am hoping they release a Hangar 51 Dovchenko with a removeable hat.  They can release a russian soldier in US disguise or 2 pack then as well.  That way we can recreate some of them getting burned by the rocket.  That would be fun!   

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 8, 2008, 12:40 AM »
Hmm, according to the RS boards, there is a listing in the TRU computers for a "tank w/ 3 figures".

Hi - I heard today that the following listing is appearing on the TRU computer in the UK:

Indiana Jones R12IJ Tank w/3 Figures Global Exclusive 2008 £29.99

and the following number may be connected with it:

and finally, the dates between which this product is due to arrive at TRU's in the UK:

17th August - 11th September or October 2008

Could this be the much requested Persian Tank from TLC? I wonder what the three figures are? My picks...

-Indiana Jones (Dirty Repaint)
-German Tank Driver (All New)
-Marcus Brody (All New)

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 8, 2008, 01:15 AM by Jeff »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #95 on: July 8, 2008, 09:08 AM »

Could this be the much requested Persian Tank from TLC? I wonder what the three figures are? My picks...

-Indiana Jones (Dirty Repaint)
-German Tank Driver (All New)
-Marcus Brody (All New)

Thoughts?

That would make me angry, having to buy the tank just for Marcus.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 8, 2008, 10:28 AM »
That's pretty exciting, especially considering that the (rumored) release date is probably soon enough for us to see it at Comic-Con. ;D

My figure choices? I'd like to see a dirty Indy, Henry w/ink squirting action, and definitely Marcus Brody.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 4, 2008, 11:38 PM »
According to wellofthesouls.com, "KOTCS Duck" and "ROTLA Flying Wing" have both been entered into Wal-Mart computer systems. I hope the retailers support the line long enough for us to actually see them in 09!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 5, 2008, 08:47 AM »
One of the Q&A sessions from last week also said that the "tank" with figures that popped up in computers is actually a Jungle Cutter with figures set and no TLC tank.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #99 on: August 6, 2008, 12:54 AM »
I've no real interest in the flying wing because it will most likely be like the Sith Infiltrator--- tiny, and way out of scale.  That things wingspan should be about the size of the new Falcon.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #100 on: August 6, 2008, 01:25 AM »
Yeah, I'm all over the Seep (Duk, whatever), but the flying wing sounds like a big bag of dumb because of scale being horribly off.  I mean, Indy fist fights the guy underneath the wing a while and that's just not likely going to happen with a potentially $20 vehicle.  Now, I think they could've pulled it off for $40 myself...  It has no interior, it's basically easily broken down into 3 parts (center and 2 outer wing pieces) with just the front cockpit and the rear gunner's hatch, but I really doubt Hasbro goes all out with this and jumps it up in price to do it right.

The Seep I'm thinking will be perfectly scaled though...  I hope.  :)  It'll be a cool item to repaint too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2008, 07:16 PM »
According to wellofthesouls.com, "KOTCS Duck" and "ROTLA Flying Wing" have both been entered into Wal-Mart computer systems. I hope the retailers support the line long enough for us to actually see them in 09!

This is good news. The only concern I have is that from reading the latest Indy Q&A answers, it seems that Indy hasn't performed as well as Hasbro hoped. When asked about a Marcus Brody figure from almost EVERY site, was it just me, or where their answers very defeatist in tone? One answer said something about how MAYBE they might be able to get to him if they do figures for Indy V. What?!? That to me sounds like they are looking to see the line end shortly after the second wave of RotLA figures hit.

That kinda stinks, but it does not surprise me. About the only thing I'll be disappointed in if that happens is that we did not get all of the vintage Kenner figures re-made - we still need a regular Belloq figure.

I've no real interest in the flying wing because it will most likely be like the Sith Infiltrator--- tiny, and way out of scale.  That things wingspan should be about the size of the new Falcon.

If the wings come detached, hypothetically they could give us a flying wing with a wing span of over double the length of one of the vehicle assortment boxes - it could come in three pieces: Center w/cockpit and rear gunner station, left wing, right wing. It will still be too small, but it would be cool to have this in the line.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2008, 10:08 PM »
How aboout 3 different 20$ vehicles...Right Wing, Left Wing and Center/Cockpit!  Then it would be the right scale!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2008, 03:18 PM »
For anyone that may actually still care about this line, I was able to pick up the Cairo (Fabric Top) Truck at Wal-Mart today.

I wasn't sure I was going to buy this second truck, but since the line is dying I figured why not...  :-[
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2008, 03:45 PM »
Is the first truck a hard top version?  Pardon my ignorance, but I wasn't following that closely. 

(Insert random angry statement about Hasbro screwing this line here_____________)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.