Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 3 (TLC)  (Read 40627 times)

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
Re: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 3 (TLC)
« Reply #135 on: January 1, 2009, 11:48 AM »
Saw the whole wave at a Marshall's Sunday. Seems that's the place to go.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #136 on: January 6, 2009, 09:04 PM »
Have two extra carded Vogels that I recently picked up for $4 each at TJ Maxx.  Do I:

A)  Return them to Target using a receipt (which expires Friday) from when I bought the Last Crusade there back in October, netting around $16 back?

B)  Try to trade or sell them at cost to anyone who may still need one here?

C)  Hang onto them in hopes of someday doing a ****** "black uniform/swastika emblem" custom with them which, in all likelihood, I will probably never get around to actually doing?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 6, 2009, 09:22 PM »
A
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #138 on: January 6, 2009, 11:52 PM »
C, as there's a dying technique you maybe could do/try that might work on Vogel pretty well...  But yeah, you're on your own painting a swastika that doesn't look like ****.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 7, 2009, 11:10 PM »
Couldn't you find an old Tamiya model kit with decals in it?  Granted we're talking really old stuff, but I used to build a ton of their old models of WWII stuff and I really loved the German military stuff.  The figures you had to build, paint and put the decals on and they came with SS decals for the helmets of some (usually you had a choice so you could designate the Branch of service you wanted).  This is waaaaaay back in the 1970s though, when you could be historically accurate rather than just politically correct.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #140 on: January 7, 2009, 11:18 PM »
Given that nobody said B, and that option C now seems like entirely way too much trouble than it's worth, option A it is.  Back to Target they go!

Thanks fellas.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: January 7, 2009, 11:43 PM »
Actually Brent, there's tons of model kits of figures and things out, some about scale, that would work.  I think there's companies that make common emblems/symbols of WW2 stuff in all different sizes too, if you were interested in going that route...

Complicated yes, but if you honestly wanted to do it, it really wouldn't be that bad.  I'm gonna wind up with an extra Vogel for cheap actually, so I may give the dye-job a chance.  See how it works.  It tends to work well on light plastics as I understand it.

I'm quite pleased with my Cairo Streets Indy right now...  Even unpainted.  That's a darn tootin' figure, if I may say so.  I can't wait to get my "ultimate" RotLA (or any other younger Ford era Indy film) Indy done though.  Indy should've been done right once to save the moolah.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #142 on: January 9, 2009, 01:28 AM »
Just so the story has a conclusion:

Took the Vogels back today, along with another figure, got cash and a gift card back, then I turned around and bought two more clearance figures I still needed, then after watching the game, I went to Wal-Mart where I found one of the figures I had just bought at Target for almost half the price I just paid for it at Target.

Phenomenal.