Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 3 (TLC)  (Read 40632 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 3 (TLC)
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2008, 10:51 PM »
JP, send them to me if you can here or jmccracken@jedidefender.com if you'd like.  I'm already posting a story on it and I'll just update it with photos if you have them.  Also, can you recall if Vogel's armband was black or red/white?  Both styles showed up in pictures from Hasbro but they didn't say which they're going with.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 11:00 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2008, 11:48 AM »
JP, send them to me if you can here or jmccracken@jedidefender.com if you'd like.  I'm already posting a story on it and I'll just update it with photos if you have them.  Also, can you recall if Vogel's armband was black or red/white?  Both styles showed up in pictures from Hasbro but they didn't say which they're going with.

Jesse PMing you.
Vogels are band is black, but who knows if it might be a running change and I missed out on a rarity.  Also his hat looks to be of the nonremovable type.

Indy is just as the others except new head and torso.  The hat is actually glue onto the head and the head is sculpted so that the hat willfit snugly onto it, he'd have one helluva bad hair day if removed.  To me this is the best Indy head if one wanted him with hat, it doesn't look like a sombrero on his head. 

That being said I've only been buying Indy for SW custom so if anyone wants to trade this head for a Indy w/rocket launcher head from Crystal let me know as I thought the hat on this one was removable.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2008, 11:43 PM »
Thanks jedipurge, I'll put that up to replace the generic button.  Thanks for the shots.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2008, 06:17 PM »
Found Wave 3 by accident at my "Holy Grail" Wal-Mart, which isn't holy anymore as it appears someone found out they had a ton of the Force Unleashed army builders because they were all gone. But that's another story for another day. Anyway, I noticed they replaced the small SW endcap with Indy figs and I decided to paw through them just for kicks. I ended up finding Grail Knight, Tie Indy, and Young Indy (figures the 3 figs I want most, Henry, Elsa, and Vogel would be the ones they didn't have).

I'll give a more detailed report (with pics) after I get back from work tonight and have time to open them. Grail Knight is flawless, except his sword is bent by the damn packaging, which pisses me off to no end. Young Indy has a decent paintjob, I can't tell if he's mad or squinting but he looks good and will work well in an action pose with Fedora and his gang. Tie Indy sadly looks like has a horrible paint job again, this time with his ears/hair/sideburns. He's also kind of pale, not as bad as 30AC Ceremonial Luke, but significantly lighter in skin tone than the other Indys I have.

Like I said, I'll take pics and give a (hopefully) more detailed report around midnight tonight.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2008, 07:24 PM »
I saw a lot of different paint apps on the "stuble" on Indy from very dark, almost a beard, to 5 o'clock shadow.  Young Indy looks a little like the scene where he runs into his house to tell his dad about the cross and he get berated to count to 10.  good face sculpt but some of the hair paint apps were on his face.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2008, 02:28 AM »
NONE of the figures had a Ticket to Adventure order form, so I hope you've saved all of yours if you're planning on buying multiple Crystal Skeletons.

- Indy is a nice figure, pretty much the Raiders figure with a new head and torso, and he has the awesome belt used by the KOTCS Jacketed Indy. Has the same machine gun as the German soldiers (and I don't know my WWII era weaponry, sorry)and it fits nicely in his hand. Like I said, mine had a messed up paintjob on the right ear, as the hair goes over the ear. I took a picture which I'll put up later. I might be picking up a second Indy if I ever find a better head (same with the Raiders Indy). I'd go A- overall, for the nonremovable hat (plus the messed up hair painting on mine).

- Grail Knight is kind of a disappointment actually. He has no wrist or ankle articulation (ball joints everywhere else except the waist) and he's sculpted in some sort of hunched over stance that makes it hard for him to stand. The cape is plastic and has cool details. His sword case is like Spalko's in that it's nonfunctional, which is another bummer. He comes with the real Holy Grail, which is crazy cool. They did a good job painting it, now why can't we have these good paintjobs on Indy heads? I'd say B overall, the details are awesome but the stance brings the grade down.

- Young Indy is probably my favorite of the wave. Like the Knight he has no ankle or wrist articulation but he's in a pretty neutral stance so it doesn't matter. The only thing this affects is the whip. You can't keep your wrist stiff when you're whipping a whip. :P The detail and painting is really nice, as they sculpted the Cross of Coronado into his belt. The likeness is pretty much perfect, and the snake accessory is cool too. Indy's bandanna is removable. I'll go A, for a perfect figure brought down only by a lack of super articulation.

Relics: Indy comes with a Thugee Medallion, Grail Knight comes with Sir Richard's Shield, and Young Indy has the Cross of Coronado, which should be in a museum. ;)

Can't wait to pick up Vogel, Senior, and Elsa.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 1, 2008, 11:15 AM »
Thanks for the pics.  Yeah, that is a letdown with the Knight a bit.  I will still buy it though. 

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 1, 2008, 06:39 PM »
Diddly I can't remember from when I saw them & bit hard to tell from the pics but does young Indy's belt come off?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 2, 2008, 09:44 AM »
Thanks for the comparison shot of Indy. Nice to see the differences in how they are engineered.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 2, 2008, 10:25 AM »
This wave has been up for preorder again at HTS (although Henry Sr. and Elsa are now out of stock) for the past couple of days, but every time I try to check out I get an error message.  I haven't done anything different than usual, but for some reason I'm having a problem.  Anyways, no big deal, but there's no sign of these around here yet so I thought I'd order them online and not have to worry about it.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #100 on: July 2, 2008, 10:43 AM »
Any good promo codes for HTS?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 4, 2008, 02:04 PM »
I found this wave (sans Henry Sr. and Vogel :( ) at Wal-Mart yesterday.

Indy- This is without doubt the best Indy so far. There's really not much more to say about it than that, it's pretty much a dead-on likeness with super articulation and great detail. I do wish he could've had another accessory or two, but the machine gun's neat. Oh, and the horns/ears (?) on the relic were all bent in different directions when it came out of the crate, so that was slightly annoying since I like displaying all my relics together. However, this relic is definitely not the most disappointing in this wave. That title belongs to a certain shield that came with a certain Grail Knight...

Young Indy- Another neat figure. I like how he's got the cross in his belt, but I do wish it was removable. I like how they sculpted a different whip for him and painted it like the one from the circus train, the little extra effort there was appreciated because they could've just as easily repacked an older version and gotten away with it. The snake is a nice little bonus accessory and the separately sculpted scarf is cool too. I wish he had wrist and ankle articulation but he's still reasonably poseable so it's not too big of an issue. Now I just hope we get some of the looters from that scene so he's not all alone in 1912.

Elsa- This is my favorite female figure from this line so far and one of my favorite female action figures overall. It's an excellent sculpt, they chose a good outfit, and she's got tons of articulation. The False Grail is a little rubbery but it's still a cool accessory, and I like how they once again threw in a little bonus by including the gun. If I have any complaint at all, I wish they had included her hat and goggles from the Kazim attack/tank chase.

Grail Knight- I was surprised they even made this character at all, let alone so soon. So I was thrilled when I found out they were and was really looking forward to buying it. Out of the four figures I found from this wave, this is definitely my favorite. However, he's not without his problems, which are many. His legs are sculpted very strangely and it makes it hard to stand him up, although I did manage to do so after playing around with it a bit. Another issue I have that I also had with Mutt and Spalko is that his sword is messed up by the ******* packaging, which drove me crazy to see happen with this figure! After a while I figured out a cool solution which was putting it in both hands like when he was handing it to Indy to 'vanquish him' with, and it looks really nice when I do it the right way, but I still wish he could raise it in one hand like he did before he fell over. Oh well. My biggest issue is actually with the relic. It's a floppy piece of crap and it's really annoying to look at. >:( Again, oh well. I still dig this figure.

I'm really looking forward to Henry Sr. and Vogel, I think the two that are hardest to find will end up being my two favorites. I just hope they show up before I resort to eBay, because I really, really want to get my hands on Henry, Sr.

This is definitely my favorite wave so far, it's really, really a superb group of figures. I might just like it so much because this is my favorite Indy movie, but I really enjoyed tearing these open and playing with them examining my collectibles. ;)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #102 on: July 4, 2008, 03:21 PM »
NONE of the figures had a Ticket to Adventure order form. . .

You have some very nicely-trimmed fingernails, young man.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 6, 2008, 11:47 PM »
I've since found Elsa and Vogel at WM but the damned Elsa has 2 right lower legs so I have to buy a new one. >:( Both are great figures though.

Diddly I can't remember from when I saw them & bit hard to tell from the pics but does young Indy's belt come off?

It's a separately sculpted piece but it's on there pretty tight. I suppose if you stuck him in boiling water for a minute to stretch it out it could come off but I'm not going to try it.

NONE of the figures had a Ticket to Adventure order form. . .

You have some very nicely-trimmed fingernails, young man.

Thanks. I don't know whether to be proud or frightened.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #104 on: July 8, 2008, 03:14 PM »
Thanks. I don't know whether to be proud or frightened.

Who says you can't be a little bit of both?
« Last Edit: July 8, 2008, 03:18 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."