Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 3 (TLC)  (Read 40630 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 3 (TLC)
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 10:04 PM »
Thanks, right after I asked I did a little research. It's cool that we're getting a figure of him!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 12:59 AM »

Here's Vogel and Elsa, in Vogel's SS black dress duds...

I believe the other baddie is "Donovan", no?

I believe in the Q&A's Hasbro mentioned to us (I think it was us anyway) that Toht was coming...  I doubt there's any real conspiracy behind the whereabouts of Toht, at least not at the moment.  See if I can find that Q&A...  Not that the Q&A hasn't been full of bologna before though either.

Ah, yes, here it is...  Not sure what to make of it, other than they seemingly do acknowledge a figure of him is coming at some point...

From JD:  And our monthly Indy question - Toht. We've seen the new figures for Indy, Sallah, Belloq, Marion, and the rest of the Raiders gang, but no sign of Toht yet. Can we expect to see the creepy man in black in 2008? (JD, 02/01/08)

From Hasbro:  Not in 2008; we just couldn't fit him in. Hold tight for news on him, and some others, further down the road.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 01:13 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 12:31 PM »
God, the villains in Last Crusade suck.  Raiders spoiled us.  Belloq and Toht are so much more fun to watch than Vogel and Donovan, it's not even close.

Speaking of Toht, it sounds to me like he's definitely on the way.  Probably in Wave 5 or 6, late this year or early next.  Wouldn't be surprised to see them tackle some of the other Raiders people, like the German mechanic and Marion in the white dress, as well.  Maybe we'll find out in San Diego.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 12:31 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 03:20 PM »
God, the villains in Last Crusade suck.  Raiders spoiled us.  Belloq and Toht are so much more fun to watch than Vogel and Donovan, it's not even close.

Donovan was pretty boring, but I liked Vogel.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 03:37 PM »
Donovan was pretty boring, but I liked Vogel.

Vogel was more interesting than Donovan, I agree, but a moldy loaf of bread would also have been more exciting to watch than Donovan, so that's not really saying much.

It's a good thing that Hasbro's (apparently) doing Vogel before they do Donovan, I guess.  (Slightly) better character, better costume, should make for a better action figure.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 03:44 PM »
One thing I always like about Donovan (and Elsa for that matter) though was the double cross, I never saw it coming and it worked well the first time I saw it

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 04:02 PM »
I can see that, I guess.

I don't remember what I thought about them when I first saw LC.  I was probably surprised, I suppose, but it's been so long ago I just don't know for sure. 

I do know that in each subsequent viewing, Julian Glover's line delivery has irritated me more and more.  There's something about the way he talks or the way gives his lines that just bothers the hell out of me.  And Vogel--I really hate the scene where he's slapping Connery around with his gloves.  And I know I'm supposed to hate that, so it's doing it's job, but it's still uncomfortable to watch.

But then again, nearly the whole movie is uncomfortable for me to watch these days.  The villains are just a little part of that.  Anymore, when I want to watch an Indy movie that isn't Raiders, I'll go for Temple of Doom every time.  (Because the dinner scene and the heart-being-ripped-out-of-chest scene--they're not uncomfortable to sit through, at all!  )

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 04:37 PM »
Damn, am I the only one who's favorite is The Last Cruasde?  :)  Actually, it's a toss up between ROTLA and TLC. 

Regarding the toys, I don't think they're quite up to speed with Star Wars but nice none the less.  They're making some pretty cool characters and I think it's about time the Indy saga has some quality action figure represenation.  I'm sure I'll pick some up, if not all of them.

John

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2008, 05:52 PM »
I love the last crusade. Its right up there with ROTLA for me. I thought the betrayal was good in the film and that they were just as good as villians.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008, 08:33 PM »
TLC is either 1 or 2 for me, Temple of Doom is a distant third...

I just think the Movie has a larger amount of unique characters.  Plus we might get a Hollywoodized WWI Tank out of the deal.  Horses, Camels, Trucks too.

I think the Vogel figure gives Hasbro a chance for repaints too...(I know I hear the groans, but it is Hasbro, we all know it is coming)

As far as Toht goes...the average soccer mom is not going to know what the Gestapo is...they'll think it is something they heard Rachel Ray talk about cooking on Regis and Kelly.
Besides as the guys said, Hasbro said be ready for future news.

With the total lack of Decent OT stuff in Star Wars this year, Indy will be replacing SW in my collecting budget this year.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2008, 08:35 PM »
I like all three films.  IMO, Raiders is 50% Spielberg and 50% Lucas.  It's got the best of what each has to offer.  Temple is like 75% Lucas, 25% Spileberg.  It's dark and odd and has more action than it really needs, and it's totally unblanaced.  I really didg it, but it's a the black sheep of the group.  TLC is 75% Speilbeg and 25% Lucas, it's light, breezy, very funny and has the best characterizations.  The father and son stuff really makes that movie, I still cringe when Sr. falls of the tank tread, I always feel that it's happning to my own dad.

I'm hoping Crystal Skull is about a 50/50 again...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 01:05 AM »
ROLA, then TLC, then TOD...  That's my order right now, but I don't really know why.  I guess I found Indy's dad a good character, I liked Sallah's return, I wasn't really bothered by the Marcus Brody character, and the villains were no better/worse to me than Rene Belloq and Col. Dietrich (am I getting his name right?) and Toht... 

I think they went the extra mile with Vogel to make sure he OOZED Nazis though, compared to Dietrich and co. from Raiders...  Donovan I dug because of the double-cross like Scott said, but really Belloq delivered cooler lines, I agree with that too. 

I liked Raiders' story more though, in general.

I'm really hoping this line goes obscure...  I know, I know, it's probably wishful thinking, but I'd be down for a ton of obscurity from Raiders.  The mechanic is almost a main character compared to my list.  :)  I want the flying wing pilot, Cairo Gestapo agents, Belloq in jungle duds, Indy's pilot friend, the captain of the U-Boat (was he played by Michael Sheard?  Or am I not remembering correctly?), the freighter pirate captain, and all kinds of crap.  I'd love figures like that, but I know there's probably not as much hope.

I think Temple has less figure selection than any of them...  Club Obi-Wan I think would be getting obscure, but possible...  Once you're in India though, your choices become a bit more limited it seems, and you've got the big Thugee, a generic small one, Indy damaged, Indy normal, Willie, Short round...  Stuff just seems to get limited though.

The Last Crusade seems to really have the better character selection overall, at least to me anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 03:54 AM »
Speaking of Last Crusade, and things that make you cringe...  I don't speak German, but I've always wondered what the two guys in the tank are talking about when Indy's face is slammed off the periscope...  The guy sort of says something he seems to think is funny, and I've always been curious what he said...  Maybe I don't want to know.   :-\

EDIT:  Sorry, did some research on my own and actually found out that he says, "Americans, they all fight like girls", or something close to that...  IMDB's just a wealth of useless knowledge, it's really rather impressive.  I find all the James Bond ties to Last Crusade interesting, namely that Henry Jones gets shot with a Walther pistol just like James Bond always used...  Slick thinking on that little inside joke.  As a history buff I find it equally odd/interesting that the Germans at the book burning sequence are almost all wearing authentic uniforms from the period found in storage...  Or so IMDB claims.  Interesting if true, as they'd be worth a ton of dough as historical items, and I'm sort of surprised they'd be used like that.

Anyway, I answered my own question, sorry.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 04:20 AM by Jesse James »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2008, 10:10 AM »
We actually just re-watched The Last Crusade over the weekend, and I really enjoy that movie (well, all three) as well.  Its definitely my second favorite, and close behind Raiders at some times.  I guess I really like the father-son stuff between Ford and Connery, and still get a chuckle out of the motorcycle chase where Indy seems to be waiting for some sort of approval from his dad as he takes out their pursuers, but Sr. seems less than impressed for the most part.  It was nice seeing Sallah back as well, kind of wish he was in the upcoming movie as well.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2008, 01:33 PM »
I dig Raiders the most, but love the Marcus Brody parts of Crusade... "How does one get off this thing?"  ;D