Author Topic: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 3 (TLC)  (Read 40680 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Hasbro 3.75" - 2008 Wave 3 (TLC)
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2008, 12:19 AM »
I got my set of figures today from BBTS and while I thought the Wave 9 Joes were my favorite wave of things for the year, this wave of Indiana Jones figures totally blows it out of the water.  All 6 of these figures are superb, the likeness and intricacies sculpted into them is flabbergasting.  I absolutely love the Grail Knight (although the lack of knee/ankle articulation blows a little).  Elsa is great likeness and the captured here expression from the movie spot on.  Tie Indy is way way way better than any of the ROTLA Indys and on par with the KOTCS versions.  Vogel absolutely blew me away, the little frillies on his uniform and well done articulation and belt etc it is a great figure.  Little Indy is also a wonderful figure with some really great accessories (I wish the Cross of Coranado was removeable) but everything else is great great great.  I saved the best for last...because I absolutely hated pictures of Henry Jones Sr that I have seen around the net. The glasses and hat were way too goofy looking but after cracking him open and just making a few simple adjustments, he is easily one of my highlights of 2008 toys.  Again, spot on likeness and wonderful accessories. 

It is finally good to say that I don't regret buying something for once and it is times like this that make me realize why I buy this crap. These totally exceed the ROTLA and KOTCS waves across the board and I wonder if the first two waves suffered from a rush to market.   I also sure hope everyone has luck getting these things because the retail situation is about as dire as it can be IMO...bbts still has cases of 12 in stock

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS15280&mode=retail&picture=out

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2008, 06:43 PM »
I got the four 'common'-ish figures from this wave while I was out of town last week, but I am getting worried about acquiring Henry Jones and Vogel. :-\

And then there's the Temple of Doom wave, which probably will never even see shelves, at least in my area. :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2008, 11:13 AM »
Glad to hear the positive remarks on the wave Scott, thanks for sharing.  I'm already starting to wish I had kept my preorder for that set as well.  I received the Indy from this wave via HTS yesterday, and got a shipping confirmation for the Grail Knight and Young Indy today.  I tried several times to order Elsa/Henry/Vogel when they were up for preorder at HTS, but for some reason I always get an error message when I try to order anything there now.  Nothing has changed profile-wise, but something is just wrong there.

Anyways, glad to hear the wave is looking good.  I went ahead and ordered a set of the ToD wave at BBTS, despite the higher prices, because the retail situation here isn't that great either.  I keep checking WM for the new wave (since that seems to be where people are finding them), and ours is just packed with the first two waves (and all of the figures from those waves, in multiples).  Target and TRU seems to basically have the same few figures on the pegs that they've had for awhile, so I guess there is hope there.  I'm curious how much retail space Indy will continue to have going into next year.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: August 6, 2008, 01:30 AM »
I've still never seen this wave of figures anywhere.  I'm a little sad/disappointed at the lack of availability on these.  Way too many 1 and 2 waves to the point they're hanging off endcaps and of course falling off pegs in their designated area. 

I'm not hopeful of fidning these any time soon, and as much as I love IJ's toys, I'm thinking I may just bail on the line in general.  I'm not going on specific hunts looking for these figures.  I just can't justify that kind of a waste in my gas money at this point.  I really was diggin' getting Henry Sr., Vogel, and Ilsa too.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 6, 2008, 09:33 AM »
I've still never seen this wave of figures anywhere.  I'm a little sad/disappointed at the lack of availability on these.  Way too many 1 and 2 waves to the point they're hanging off endcaps and of course falling off pegs in their designated area. 

I'm not hopeful of fidning these any time soon, and as much as I love IJ's toys, I'm thinking I may just bail on the line in general.  I'm not going on specific hunts looking for these figures.  I just can't justify that kind of a waste in my gas money at this point.  I really was diggin' getting Henry Sr., Vogel, and Ilsa too.   :-\

Same here Jesse, I've never seen any sign of this wave at retail here.  TRU and Target have very little on the pegs for the most part, and Wal-Mart has so much of the first two waves its in three different sections of the toy aisle.  I managed to get the Indy, Young Indy, and Grail Knight off of HTS, but haven't been able to grab the others yet.  Henry Sr. is one of the figures I want the most, so hopefully they will become more easily available before too long.  Otherwise, I'm glad that Target has that battle pack, so I can at least get two of the three from this wave.  I went ahead and preordered the ToD wave at BBTS just because I don't see a great outlook for those at retail here either.  It makes me wonder again how this line is doing, and how long it will continue on from here.  There's a lot of stock to go through around here before we'd see much of anything new.  Plus, I'm guessing Indy is going to get a smaller "section" at retail in the post-Christmas resets.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 6, 2008, 10:05 AM »

I'm not hopeful of fidning these any time soon, and as much as I love IJ's toys, I'm thinking I may just bail on the line in general.  I'm not going on specific hunts looking for these figures.  I just can't justify that kind of a waste in my gas money at this point. 

That is where I am too.  This line had promise and a Window..(no Star Wars stuff to compete with almost all Summer).

I have not even heard Rumors of the TLC figs being in DFW for a month or so.

If I see the next few waves I may pick them up, but this line has moved to 3rd in my collecting priority.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2008, 09:57 AM »
Finally saw one of these figures, the Indy, on the pegs at a Target.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2008, 11:52 AM »
It looks like I was a little late on the other two, but Henry Jones is currently in stock at HTS (as of 10:50 AM CST).  If you're still looking, hurry over.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2008, 05:57 PM »
Got my order in just now at almost 5 PM Central time. I threw in a Combat Heroes Snake Eyes.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that this order is going to be canceled. No way that this guy would still be in stock this long while all the other TLC figures are out of stock.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2008, 10:15 AM »
Got my order in just now at almost 5 PM Central time. I threw in a Combat Heroes Snake Eyes.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that this order is going to be canceled. No way that this guy would still be in stock this long while all the other TLC figures are out of stock.

I'm starting to wonder that as well, as he still appears to be in stock.  Unless Hasbro really started cranking out Henry Jones figures, I'd be surprised if he would have stayed up this long.  I really hope it works out though, as this is one of the characters/figures I really wanted - and I was figuring I would have to wait for that Target battle pack to get one at all (likely without accessories).  Now if I could just get Vogel and Elsa, I could be caught up (if this order works out).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2008, 10:44 AM »

I just got shipping confirmation for my Henry Jones figure, so hopefully you'll have the same luck Ben.  I did find it strange that he was still in stock (and still is) while Vogel and Elsa have been out the entire time from what I've seen.  Hopefully those two will pop up at some point too.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2008, 11:54 AM »
Actually they already did Brian.  Very briefly listed as in stock and when I went to order they were gone before I could finish ordering.  I've been waiting for them to come in stock as well, plus I need to fill a number of holes from the first two waves yet ($6.99 on HTS, $9.99 up here) with Jeff's discount code.  No luck yet, but I'll keep trying. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2008, 11:55 AM »
I think Hasbro added abucnh of Henry figures to the mix becuase the other day when i picked one up at walmart they a bunch of him (and TLC Indy) and no other TLC figures. Not even one.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2008, 04:54 PM »
Old Man Jones... the last hope of the Indy line.   :P

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2008, 07:44 PM »
Found a Henry Jones at a small town WM. There were two Young Indys and one other Indy from this wave there. No Elsa, no Grail Knight.

I found this after I bought one from HTS, so one is up for trade for the last TLC figure I need, Elsa Schneider.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk