Author Topic: Keeping up with the Joneses  (Read 12273 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Keeping up with the Joneses
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2008, 07:12 PM »
I now want a basket carrying arab figure...  :-\

Actually...  Wait, they're making the basket carrying Arab.  He's in the Marion/Arab 2-pack.  There were a ton of the non-describe white-robed/black masked arabs...  That was why Indy couldn't tell who had Marion in the basket I thought.

I would like a Well of Souls and Maproom...  :(  Neither I'm hopeful to get.  I wish someone would cast the maproom or something.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 07:14 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2008, 11:24 PM »
Matt, I think chances are a lot of kids aren't going to even like the figures.

Jesse I've been eyeing a few parts to vintage Indy playsets on ebay lately, like this part of the map room for under $10.00.  I think with just a bit of work it could be turned into something that would work fine with the modern line.

Good call on the 2-pk... I'm thinking that I'll get a couple of those... too bad Marian doesn't have articulated knees though.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 2, 2008, 04:23 PM »
So after a few of us have picked up some of the Indy product, what's the consensus of the best Indy figure out so far?  I haven't picked up any of the deluxes aside from the Ark pack (actually, didn't see any other Indy deluxes yet) - so I'm not sure how those might be.  I guess the KOTCS jacketless version might be the best as far as the head goes - although I wish we had an "ultimate" ROTLA (or "original") Indy.  What's the best one so far for everyone?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 2, 2008, 04:32 PM »
I did pick up the temple trap (ROTLA) Indy and from what I'd seen it had my vote.  I was all set to open it when I noticed it didn't have a thumb on the right hand :-\  It doesn't look broken off, so I need to look for another with both a thumb and good eyes.  Rather annoyed at that. 

I'm not sure about how poseable the figure from that deluxe pack is either though, so I'll reserve judgement until I open it.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 2, 2008, 07:03 PM »
I really like the single carded RotLA Indy w/ Idol and the Deluxe Indy w/ Ark. 

The only negative on the single carded figure are the facial paint apps.  You need to be picky and find one with a good paint job.  But it's well articulated, the holster, while a little big, works well and so does the whip holder.  He has a rolled whip and one to pose with and the should bag also.  And the idol is awesome.  It's really a good figure. 

The Deluxe Indy w/ the Ark has all the articulation you need; ball/socket head,  ball shoulders, elbows, knees and ankles, swivel waste and swivel hips.  Soft goods robe, satchel, coiled whip and belt holder, pistol and a pretty nice turbaned head sculpt.  The Ark is really nice as well but I really wish it had the pole slots.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 5, 2008, 12:27 PM »
So, now that these have been out for a few weeks - which is everyone's favorite Indy of the ones that have been released so far?  I hadn't looked real closely at the pegs recently, but noticed at our Target yesterday that there wasn't a single basic Indy on the pegs - surprising considering there are four versions out there.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2008, 12:27 PM by Brian »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 5, 2008, 02:41 PM »
The one with the skull is by far the best, provided you find one with a good paint job on the eyes.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 5, 2008, 05:51 PM »
If I had to pick one, I'd pick the Raiders Idol figure.

But really, for me, it's a toss-up between the RotLA Idol and KotCS Skull Indy figures.  The Skul figure has the benefit of the removable hat but the Raiders figure has the working holster (which I like).

With the exception of the whip cracking Indy, they're all really nice in their own way.  Including the Deluxe Indy from the Ark and Horse sets.  I'm not surprised that he's hard to find in some stores.  He's THE guy and none of the figures suck.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 6, 2008, 12:02 PM »
Oddly enough, I like the whip-cracking Indy the most.  :)

But I haven't found the KotCS Indy w/skull yet, so I'll probably end up liking that one the most once I buy it.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!