Author Topic: Hermi Odle... Sort of Uncommon?  (Read 5485 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Hermi Odle... Sort of Uncommon?
« on: February 25, 2008, 03:06 AM »
I was thinking tonight about all the 2007 figures that I saw in limited numbers, only once, or not at all...

Ultimately, I can't think of anything now that I didn't see at least once, but there was some that I didn't see very many of.  McQuarrie Starkiller and McQuarrie Han Solo both come to mind as figures I saw once maybe twice, and then nothing...  Ironically I've wound up seeing more Wave 7.5 and 8 than those two figures, and I really thought those last couple waves from 2007 would be a bear to find.

One that came to mind though was Hermi Odle...  I think I saw old Apple Eater twice total.  Did his size limit his production?  Or was his wave just less common?  In my area, I can't say that his wave was really abundant, and the Luke figure wasn't around a lot either because of that, though one would linger here and there it seemed...

Anyone else find that Hermi may be one of those figures you're glad you didn't pass on when you saw him?  He's up there with my tops of 2007 for sure, and he was my most wanted Jabba's Alien, so I was happy to buy the second I saw him, but looking back I'm glad I saw him at all.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Hermi Odle... Sort of Uncommon?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 09:07 AM »
I just saw Hermie at a Target and TRU the other day, I thought he was being re-shipped or something. That said, I donno. It may have been different around here. While he was no peg warmer, he didn't exactly fly off the shelf the moment he hit. Strangely, one of the figures I've seen less of, out of all the '07's, was the Lava Miner.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 10:55 AM »
In my area at least, he wasn't hard to find at all.  I think I've seen at least 50 of him on the pegs.  Most recently last week, I saw 3-4 at a Wal-Mart.  Probably seen up to a dozen at Target stores, the rest at Wal-Mart as I don't think I ever saw one at TRU though.

At least he was a lot easier to find than Ephant Mon!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 11:44 AM »
I only saw him once at Target about two months ago....He was cutting it close to being the only TAC figure I've not seen at retail.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 12:52 PM »
In Chicago he was quite rare. The 3 I have are from cases I ordered online. I have never seen him hanging on pegs at retail. It may be a regional thing but he is a uncommon figure. I would also say that Revan, Malak & PC Grevious are rare figures.

The bulk of wave 5 was not easy to come by at retail, that was the hardest wave to find of 07 in my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 12:55 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 02:10 PM »
Wave 5 was very rare to be honest, save for a few Walmarts in my area.  They really got in a lot of that wave... one store I remember had 20 cases of Wave 5 at one time on pallets...

The biggest pegwarmer from that wave in my area was probably the topless Anakin, then Hermie... I can't tell you how many times I saw 4-5 of each of those on the pegs but nothing else from that wave.  Anakin can still be found pretty easily.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 02:38 PM »
To be fair Tattoo Anakin & C-3PO shipped in other cases so those two figures were easy to find at retail. As for your Hermie encounter that's interesting your WM received that many cases of Wave 5. I would love to get more Revan's for custom fodder.

On a side note, the pegs everywhere have been so dry the last 2 months it's not even funny. It's so slow right now all of the leftover Saga2 Endor Rebel Troopers are almost depleted. (Only 3 left!!! There was 30 of them on 1/7)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 03:23 PM »
I never saw him at retail and my fiancee only found him once on the peg.

The one I have I got from an internet case order.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 06:26 PM »
I have seen him on several occasions at retail. Mostly at TRU. I have yet to see the Mcquarrie Stormtrooper, Revan, or Malak at retail though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 06:48 PM »
I have seen him on several occasions at retail. Mostly at TRU. I have yet to see the Mcquarrie Stormtrooper, Revan, or Malak at retail though.
What about Pre-Cyborg G.G? Now that figure I only saw at TRUS and Khols ( yes Khols) The Lave Miner was also "rare"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 06:48 PM by Darth_Ice »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 07:08 PM »
Lava Miners were everywhere here, especially Wal-Mart and Target where Wave 1 was pretty abundant for most of the year...

I think the only concensus figures are Malak, Revan, and Pre-Cyborg Grievous at this point...

I will say though, one wave 1 figure that dwindled fast, but is now reshipping, was Super Battledroid.  It wasn't as common as the clones, it dried up first out of that wave after that wave started pegwarming, and now it is returning a bit to WM because of reshipping, but all year long that was one that came and went kind of under the radar.

I'd like my second Lava Miner, but I waited and now they're gone...  Sure I'll get one cheap at the toy show or something, but it's weird too that that figure sat here for probably half the year, then gone.  Gone well before Christmas.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 07:11 PM »
What about Pre-Cyborg G.G? Now that figure I only saw at TRUS and Khols ( yes Khols) The Lave Miner was also "rare"

I saw the pre-cyborg once at TRU before Xmas in some womans shopping cart. That was it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 08:14 PM »
It really does seem to be regional... but I guess if I had to pick the hardest to find figures in the St. Louis area since the launch of TAC... it would be the following:

1 - McQuarrie Han
2 - McQuarrie Rebel Trooper
3 - R2-B1
4 - Pax Bonkik
5 - Pre-Cyborg Grievous

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 09:50 PM »
I saw another Hermi just the other day. I didn't have any trouble picking up this figure. Ephant Mon was a much harder figure to track down IMHO.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2008, 09:53 PM »
I haven't seen any of the following at retail yet:

Pre-Cyborg Grievous
Hermi Odle
See Threepio w/Salacious Crumb
Darth Revan
Concept Rebel Clamtrooper