Author Topic: Oscar's anorexic looks  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Oscar's anorexic looks
« on: February 25, 2008, 09:12 AM »
Did anyone watch this thing last night?

I'm not a big fan of Hollywood's I love me attitude and all their awards, but my wife was watching so I'd look up from what I was reading from time to time.  Is it just me, or did all the ladies presenting look like they were anorexic and unhealthy?  I mean, many of them looked like a skeleton with skin.  I think everyone enjoy's a thin woman, but come one, go at a hamburger.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 09:20 AM by Chris M »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Oscar's
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 09:16 AM »
I didn't see much, just Best Actress and the performance of the song from "Once," which won best song. Glad to see that one win. That was a great movie!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 09:22 AM »
I pay more attention to the films being nominated than than the whole to-do. That said, watching was fun last night because the people I watch the show with, all film industry people, make fun of the presentation. In fact, watching on Tivo, we kept re-winding Miley Cirus and John Travolta slipping on the same exact spot on stage. Another Tivo re-wind worthy moment one of the women who won the documentary short catagory, she was so nervous, you could see her butt shimmering in her dress. Good times.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Oscar's anorexic looks
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 09:52 AM »
I didn't notice anybody who looked particularly skeletal.  Keri Russel is super thin, but she always has been.  Renee Zellweger has lost weight.  But nobody else struck me as particularly emaciated.  Who did you think too thin?
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 10:02 AM »
Jennifer Hudson.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 11:14 AM »
Bill, I can't think of particular names, people just looked too damn skinny.  I mean, it just looked to me like skin was hanging off bones.

Like Anton, I did spend a bit of time making fun of clothing and facial expressions, but the entire thing just bored me to death.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 12:27 PM »
I pay more attention to the films being nominated than than the whole to-do. That said, watching was fun last night because the people I watch the show with, all film industry people, make fun of the presentation. In fact, watching on Tivo, we kept re-winding Miley Cirus and John Travolta slipping on the same exact spot on stage. Another Tivo re-wind worthy moment one of the women who won the documentary short catagory, she was so nervous, you could see her butt shimmering in her dress. Good times.

Colin Farrell almost slipped in the same spot as well. It was nice to see Diablo Cody (Juno) get picked.
I remember my dream now.