Author Topic: Any Clone Wars stuff you will definitely NOT buy?  (Read 10136 times)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: Any Clone Wars stuff you will definitely NOT buy?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2003, 11:53 AM »
Yes, Hasbro's design team has made a couple blunders when it comes to continuity. The ARC Trooper should have been a simple hybrid between the existing Clone Trooper and the pre-existing Sandtrooper. The skirt is a nice extreme weather addition, but the helmet is heading in the wrong direction with that external targeting scope.

Same with Anakin's Jedi Starfighter. In hindsight, Hasbro should have released a bland, movie-accurate Jedi Starfighter without all the EU bells & whistles for the Saga line. That ship, with its heavy artillery and opening S-foils, would have been a nice transition between the original Jedi design and Vader's TIE, with a little Sith Infiltrator influence thrown in for good measure.

As it is, Anakin's technical "ability" is undermined by a starship design that includes pod racer components and an astromech that sits right in his line of sight. Some pilot.  ::)
Post sober.

Offline Sith Bounty Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hunting new figures daily
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2003, 08:07 PM »
I don't like the Super Battle with launcher
Dont under estimate the power of a sith lord

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2003, 09:07 PM »
I don't like the Super Battle with launcher

Why don't you like it?
dustrho

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2003, 12:15 AM »
Tough call for me.  I get 99% of my stuff without ever seeing it.  I find pictures don't do much justice, positive or negative, to my opinions.  I thought the droid factory R2 looked pretty sharp in pictures, still not sure I'm going to keep it or even open it.  

I'll likely pass on the vehicles and some of the figs.  How many figs I'll pass on will depend on Hasbro's distribution.  If it continues to right royally suck, I'll probably keep ordering cases.  So long as they have better case assortments like 13 and 15 with relatively few duplicates.  Otherwise ah'll be forced to rely upon the kindness of strangers.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2003, 04:48 PM »
I haven't decided if I'm going to be buying the Clone Wars figures or ships just yet.  I'll have to wait to see them in person first.  I will be buying the sets that would be canon to AOTC, like the various 3-packs of Clonetroopers and Droids.  I'll probably wind up buying the rest though, since I'm a sucker for most anything Hasbro Star Wars.  Hopefully I can at least get some of the funkier looking ones at clearance prices though!   8)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 6, 2003, 02:21 PM »
I'll most likely buy it all.  The only thing I might just leave in the package?  Yoda.  I'm not totally crazy about Yoda.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #21 on: July 6, 2003, 05:30 PM »
Jury's still put on the repainted Gunship, Jedi Starfgihter, Anakin's Starfighter, and Mace. Everything else is a go, provided Hasbro and the retailers actually make the product available to me. Especially Clone packs, hint hint, Hasbro.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2003, 01:02 AM »
After seeing Mace, definitely sticking to my original plan.  Just Obi, Sith Witch, ARC trooper, 3 packs.  

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2003, 01:09 PM »
going to keep it simple.  nope!!

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 5, 2003, 10:44 AM »
I wouldn't buy the ATT tank either...what I have is plenty...

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #25 on: August 6, 2003, 10:41 AM »
The only thing I don't plan on buying would be the new Gunship.  I already have two of them from the Saga series, and don't see a need for another one.  But if KB Toys has them on sale again for only $10, then I will probably pick up one or two of them.
dustrho