Author Topic: New Indy Toys - Rumors and Speculation!  (Read 85981 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Prototype
« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2009, 02:43 AM »

This prototype's for sale, and I find it very interesting as it's a German with clearly no hat...  The German troops seemed to have a separate molded, but non-removable hat on the basic figures.  This trooper though appears to me to be an all-new headsculpt we'd not seen.  Could this have been possibly an attempt to make a specific German?

I mention that only because his hair/face sculpt, at least to me, resemble the last German Indy dispatches from the truck in RotLA (the guy that goes under the truck's wheels after getting tossed through the window).

The truck was, at olne time, advertised to have a smash-out window feature (I 100% know I saw this mentioned at one point), that got nixed for whatever reason.  Maybe this figure was intended to go with the truck?

Just a fun little "Hey, that'll never happen!" thing to discuss, as with the rest of the doomed line.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 3.75" Prototype
« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2009, 12:05 PM »
Hmmm. Interesting. When I saw that, I thought right away of the deluxe set with the motorcycle/sidecar that never came out. Maybe he was gonna be in the deluxe line, to ride in the sidecar? The motorcycle did appear briefly in RotLA, and I doubt Hasbro would've made a deluxe set that included two figures (Indy and Henry Sr.) and the sidecar.

The truck theory is interesting too, and he does bear a striking resemblance to that particular German. I remember the smashing window feature too so you may be on to something, Jesse.

Perhaps he'll show up in 2011. It is interesting though to see that they were possibly going to start doing Germans with removable hats. I guess it makes sense, because they probably would've given the Indy in German Disguise figure a removable hat when he was released, so why not do it for specific German soldiers seen in the movies?

Again, perhaps we'll learn more if/when the line returns in 2011.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: New Indy Toys - Rumors and Speculation!
« Reply #152 on: April 4, 2009, 12:27 AM »
If this stuff does come back in 2011, I'll be pleased.  I'll be even more pleased if they make some effort to have the figures able to stand on their own.   ::)  I've been attempting to set these up and the modern figures, from a standability viewpoint are shiite.  WTF is up with the Grail Knight's right leg?  Is he going to kick someone in the knackers?  Horrid effort. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #153 on: April 4, 2009, 01:24 AM »
He is like 600 years old and could barely stand in the movie... Kidding aside I totally agree. I had to do a balancing act with his cape to get him to stand. More of his weight is on the cape than on his legs so he seems quite a bit shorter that my other figures. Why is is that Hasbro seems to like goofy leg stances so much? Is it really that difficult to make a figure with straight legs that can actually stand on its own? Slanted legs don't add any play value for the kiddies and they aren't cheaper to produce. Therefore there really is no excuse for it. My TOD Thugee always wanted to tip over backward too.
"This is the way."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 4, 2009, 11:54 AM »
I think the Giant Thugee is the worst at standing. His feet seem to be curved and they just can't support the rest of the figure's bulkiness.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 5, 2009, 06:51 PM »
My Mola Rom also has a hard time standing. Doesn't help that his feet are sculpted weird and he has no articulation below the waist.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #156 on: April 5, 2009, 08:59 PM »
Guys, is the possibility if new figures in 2011 pure speculation?  Or was this actually mentioned elsewhere?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com