Author Topic: Amok Time Toys  (Read 3213 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Amok Time Toys
« on: March 2, 2008, 12:52 PM »
Are you a fan of George Romero's Dead films? Always wanted a Bub action figure? Well here's your chance. Amok Time Toys is jumping into the toy making business this year and starting off with a bang.

First you have the 12" Cemetary Zombie from Night of the Living Dead

Which will then be followed by a 12" Barbara figure

As well as a 12" Ben figure

They are also making this in regular 7.5" action figure style.

They also have plans to make a Dr. Tongue zombie figure. These look great! I'm amazed on how well the 12" figures look. I can't wait for them.

I remember my dream now.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Re: Amok Time Toys
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 04:45 PM »
I'm really digging these lines.  They're also doing the Karen 12" figure and (as you mentioned) the 7" Dr. Tongue, both in handsomely gruesome detail.  :)

They've also started work on what is possibly three of the most obscure franchises imaginable - Killer Klowns from Outer Space, IT! (the 50s movie, not the Stephen King story) and Blacula.

http://www.toytraderz.com/News/article/sid=1650.html

John

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 02:17 AM »
I love the NotLD figures...  The movies hold a special place in my heart because they were filmed around where I live...  Hell, the TV even shows my local firehall as a safe place to go (Gilpin and Leechburg VFD's...  Gilpin is on my road about a mile out from my house.  Cool eh?).

This is easily a line I'd be into if I were a rich man with ample space to display them. ;)

I'm curious though, why no Dawn figures?  The Monroeville Mall's one of my routine shopping places, though the ice rink's gone (now the foodcourt).  Is the Dawn license to another company, John?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 12:37 PM »
Is the Dawn license to another company, John?

NECA has the license (or at least had the license) for Dawn of the Dead.  They've released three figures from the movie for their Cult Classics line - Plaid Zombie, Flyboy Zombie and most recently the Hare Krishna Zombie.  Given that the Krishna was a recent release, I'd say they probably still have the license.  Regardless, I'll check with the folks at Amok Time and see if it might have changed hands.

John

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 01:25 PM »
NECA has dropped the license of Dawn due to "poor selling". Not sure who is going to pick it up. The were all ready to start on a Roger zombie too.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 03:33 PM »
That's interesting...the Hare Krishna Zombie was the only figure that I never saw at retail from that series.  I always got the impression that the DotD were some of the more popular Cult Classics.

Just heard from Amok - no Dawn of the Dead license for the time being.

John