Author Topic: The official shipping carriers suck thread  (Read 4095 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: The official shipping carriers suck thread
« Reply #15 on: March 8, 2008, 01:37 PM »
Well, I was lucky enough to avoid any damaged packages today...because I couldn't even get my boxes shipped out!  Bad enough the Post is only open like 3.5 hours on saturday.  I stopped in to ship some boxes, waited in line a good 15 minutes, had the guy weigh my stuff and should have been all set to go.  Then he tells me the credit card machine is down...ARGH.  No cash and no checks on me, but I could have hit the stupid ATM in the 15 minutes I sat around waiting.  How about posting a sign or something you idoits?  Four other people in line turned around and walked away as well - at least he saved them a few minutes.   ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 9, 2008, 12:39 PM »
A package that I shipped out to a forum member here on the 22nd of Feb by USPS has not made it yet. I put a tracking numder on it and all it says on the web site is that it left the PO on the 22nd. Don't know what happened to it after that, guess it left the building and disappeared.

I live in an apartment and my postman will make an effort to see if I am home if I need to sign for a package or have one that won't fit in the mail boxes made for packages.

I have mailed out several since the Fed 22 package and all have arrived within 3 days of shipping.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 9, 2008, 04:40 PM »
Some of the people I've dealt with over the past six months or so have heard me complain ad nauseum about my experiences with the USPS and, in particular, their inability to read signs on my door that say, "DO NOT LEAVE PACKAGES HERE; PLEASE HOLD AT POST OFFICE."  Between the beginning of October and the end of November last year, I had at least three packages stolen off my doorstep despite that sign being put up in huge block letters and multiple calls to the Post Office to tell them to hold my mail.  I finally gave up and got a PO box so they wouldn't even have an excuse to leave something at my apartment.

FedEx is just about as bad, as they not only can't read large signs, but they ignore their own policies regarding obtaining a signature for deliveries completely.  I can't tell you how many times the legendary "FRONT DOOR" has signed for FedEx packages over the years.  Most of the time, even when I'm home, they just dump the package at my front door, jump back in the truck, and drive away without even knocking.  I almost had a conniption when my EE Mandalorian/Clones box sets shipped via FedEx (despite my having paid for and requested UPS as the shipper; if I hadn't gotten my package that time, I was ready to call EE and give them an earful for that "oversight") and a note I left on the door for them to please just leave a notice and keep the package at my rental office was torn off the door with no notice left behind.  Thankfully I was able to reach my rental office the next morning and they had the package, but how hard would it have been for the FedEx delivery person to just leave a ******* notice on the door that he had done what I had requested.  Oh, I guess I should have inferred that from the way he tore my own note down and took it with him.  ::)

UPS is seriously the only carrier I've had next to no problems with.  That isn't to say I haven't had problems, but at least there are ways to correct them or gain restitution.  FedEx just doesn't give a flying **** what happens once they leave the package (even if they take it to the wrong place), and good luck getting anything out of USPS whatsoever.

It sucks that anytime I order something, I have to have it sent to friends' homes who have relatives at home all day to sign for it because otherwise it would get stolen.   :-\

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 10:08 AM »
Some of the people I've dealt with over the past six months or so have heard me complain ad nauseum about my experiences with the USPS and, in particular, their inability to read signs on my door that say, "DO NOT LEAVE PACKAGES HERE; PLEASE HOLD AT POST OFFICE."  Between the beginning of October and the end of November last year, I had at least three packages stolen off my doorstep despite that sign being put up in huge block letters and multiple calls to the Post Office to tell them to hold my mail.  I finally gave up and got a PO box so they wouldn't even have an excuse to leave something at my apartment.

I have thought about that, how much do the boxes usually run?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 04:28 PM »
My package has gained the status of Exception!  :-X
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 04:41 PM »
that's what she said.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 06:41 PM »
I have thought about that, how much do the boxes usually run?

I got the smallest box they had (essentially only big enough for letters), and it cost 20 bucks for six months.  You can still have packages sent to the box, only they leave you the little slip to pick it up at the desk or a key to open a separate locker which holds packages (at least mine does; YMMV).  So far, I've been very satisfied with it, as I've gotten multiple packages from multiple folks and have yet to have any problems whatsoever.

(I'm knocking on a huge piece of wood while typing the above)  ;D

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 10:11 AM »
UPS has now acknowledged that they lost or destroyed my package and sent a claim form. I guess it "fell off the truck" and is now in the hands of the Maffia.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 04:17 PM »

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 04:25 PM »
Well, my newest softball bat showed up here at work today.  The box was beat to hell, but thankfully the bat was intact.  Thanks UPS.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 09:48 AM »
I just got a tracking number for a replacement. Hopefully UPS won't let this one fall of the truck.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2008, 03:43 PM »
It got here next day. There was a giant hole in the side but the contents were triple boxed so it worked out well.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 08:39 PM »

Here's today's mail. Not bad for Priority. I wonder if they would have made me sign for both pieces, after ripping the box into two?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 08:42 PM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 08:56 PM »
I guess that is why Sideshow triple boxes their stuff. 8)