Author Topic: 'Star Wars' in 3-D?  (Read 50555 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 'Star Wars' in 3-D?
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2012, 04:01 AM »
I kinda dig the timing myself, Scott...  I just feel like Fall is such a lull in movie goodness.  It's a good time to hit up something old you might not care about as much.

February I didn't care for...   :-\  I don't know why, I just felt it was a ****** time to go watch a movie for some reason.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Spirit of MAC

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2012, 05:33 AM »
While I still don't care much for the PT, I think it's probably smart to push Ep. 2 & 3 closer together like that, after that embarrassing TPM flop earlier this year.  As was mentioned, I think it'll help give the marketing and merchandise a nice boost heading into the holidays too.  I think AOTC and ROTS will probably lend themselves to 3D conversion/viewing quite a bit better than TPM did as well, not to mention they obviously lack Jar Jar and are therefore far less despised.  So I think they'll do a little better than TPM did in 3D, and ROTS can build off AOTC's momentum a bit.

I'm far more excited to see what's in store the following year for the OT though.  I think if they're really smart, they'll release them all within a few months of eachother to really get a nice Star Wars buzz going, across both box office and merchandise.  I rather liked the original idea of spreading them out annually so Hasbro could really market the shizz out of each movie and fill in some nice gaps with lesser known characters, or big ships, etc. behind the push of each movie's box office, but we saw how terrible that turned out for TPM, so I don't see that as a very viable option anymore, unfortunately.
Softgoods suck.  Almost as much as the Prequels.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2012, 12:19 PM »
Yeah, I'm sort of curious how they'll release the Original Trilogy now too.  I suppose they could do them back to back to back (sort of like they did the SEs, which I think were like three weeks apart - but in the Jan-Mar time frame).  I sort of hoped we'd get a big push with each movie (and a chance at a BMF vehicle/playset for each film as well), but TPM might have killed that.  Now we've got the other two prequels next year (and apparently no new BMF vehicle, aside from vintage boxed exclusives perhaps), so we'll see beyond that.  I would think that the OT would be both a bigger "deal" and a bigger box office draw than the prequels have been, but then again, who knows what they can do with the 3D conversions of those older movies.  I'm looking forward to seeing them on the big screen either way.  I guess if they did decide to do the whole OT in 2014, it would be cool to have a whole year dedicate to the Original Trilogy, sort of like the old POTF2 days.  Re-release some of the great vehicles we already have, add in some updates, and then maybe top it off with a new Death Star (or Sail Barge, although I think the DS has a much better shot).  I could see them dusting off the "Vintage Collection" pretty quickly for that type of movie push :).

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2012, 11:47 AM »
With the new announcement of Disney buying Lucasfilm, this changes things a bit.  Also makes me wonder if when they made the announcement of ramping it up and releasing AOTC and ROTS back to back they didn't know this was coming back then.

They'll obviously want to churn out all the existing movies so that you end up with ROTJ 3D being released right before EP 7 is released. 

All good news!!!!

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2012, 02:43 PM »
Kind of a "Star Wars Non-Stop" scenario till 2015?  I'm into it.

I liked the TPM3D thing...  I'm no 3D expert though.  I think I just liked going to the movies to see SW.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2012, 07:55 PM »
Yeah, I just wanted to see them in the theatre again.  It was interesting to see it in 3-D.  Granted TPM is my least favorite SW film.  I'm more into seeing the OT in 3-D just for the fun of it.  It's a good ramp up to Episode 7.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2012, 10:50 AM »
I wonder if that is still the plan. It would be nice to see them in 3D since TPM really wasn't in 3D. I hope they do a better job  of the 3D this time.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #112 on: January 6, 2015, 10:13 AM »
SW.com: Revenge of the Sith 3D ... Announced for Star Wars Celebration

Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, in all its Order 66ing glory, will make its 3D debut at Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, coming April 16-19, 2015. Fans will be the first to see this long-awaited, big-screen 3D conversion by Lucasfilm, completed with care for the look of the original movie while taking advantage of 3D’s stunning possibilities. Revenge of the Sith was originally released in 2005, and brought the Star Wars saga full circle with an action-packed, visually-stunning, emotional story. The film sees the final machinations of Darth Sidious’ evil plot come to pass — and features lots (and lots) of lightsaber duels, dogfights, and Clone Wars battles. With all this, Revenge of the Sith 3D promises to be a great experience, and one that even a Sith could love. (Anakin versus Obi-Wan in 3D, anyone?)

But that’s not all — all the Star Wars films will screen at Star Wars Celebration, including The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones in 3D.

TL;DR: The 3D versions of Episodes II and III created and shelved several years ago will finally be dumped off onto the Celebration audience
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."