Author Topic: Star Wars on Blu-Ray  (Read 167981 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Star Wars on Blu-Ray
« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2011, 10:46 PM »
Geez, they did butcher that original art.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2011, 11:25 PM »
The more I look at the packaging, the more I dislike it. I'm sure someone will make some matching photoshopped covers based on the original movie posters or something, and I'll just download those.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2011, 11:32 PM »
Best buy has started the courting process by adding an episode I esc. Film piece with purchase. I will still wait for someone else to up the ante.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #168 on: August 30, 2011, 02:03 AM »
This would have been a better center spread:

« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 02:05 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #169 on: August 30, 2011, 04:24 AM »
And on another note - why the hell does Leia look like something off a Richard James album cover?  ???

Photoshop wiith the Leia bikini, stat!

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #170 on: August 30, 2011, 01:42 PM »
Oh God.  Some of the discs have leaked online and people that have seen them are saying that Luke's saber on the Falcon is still green.

And in a change that absolutely no one was asking for, Wicket now has blinking, CGI eyes for some reason.

And apparently Vader now yells "no" at the end of Jedi when The Emperor is cooking Luke.

Oh my *****.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 30, 2011, 01:47 PM »
And apparently Vader now yells "no" at the end of Jedi when The Emperor is cooking Luke.

Oh my *****.

Ish.  Is it the same NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! from ROTS?  Bletch.  That'll definitely ruin that scene for me.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2011, 03:05 PM »

Oh my *****.

Ish.  Is it the same NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! from ROTS?  Bletch.  That'll definitely ruin that scene for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGaSxSuB2vY

Skywalker Sound Engineers Confirm They’ve Remixed Star Wars Again – For Blu-ray? 3D Theatrical?

Star Wars sound engineers Matt Wood and David Acord have spoken to this week’s ForceCast. Chiefly, they were chatting in a rather specific and delightfully nerdy manner about a single detail of the original Star Wars soundtrack, debating whether or not Obi Wan’s scary roar was borrowed from a Hanna-Barbera cartoon called Dino Boy. However, at the end of the segment, they revealed the following:

And, to be honest, that sound effect has been changed again. So at some point the audiences will be hearing that scene again with the new sound effect.

At some point, unspecified, in the future. Intriguing. Here’s another quote on the new version of the effect:

[We] decided it should sound even more human. And the human it does sound like… yeah, we’ll talk about that another time.

New Krayt Dragon on YouTube

What is this I don't even
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 07:08 PM by Matt »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2011, 03:16 PM »
Ugh, I just think every time they release Star Wars, they have to tinker with it. By the time we die, there will be at least 500+ different releases.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2011, 05:18 PM »
I read these are some of the changes.  They may or may not be right.  We will find out later I suppose. 

1) Heard they replaced Shaw's head with Hayden's for the Vader helmet removal in Jedi.  If so that does suck.  But it makes sense since they already changed the Spirit of Anakin for the last release using Hayden's head.  I guess they will claim that the mask makes Anakin's head not age?  LOL.  I don't know?

2) The Krayt Dragon yell is apparently changed again to try and sound more "human" from the last DVD release.  The person reported that it did not sound good.  Eh, we'll see. 

3) Like it was mentioned already apparently Luke's lightsaber is still green on the Falcon.  If that is true that one is really annoying considering that the official website posted a picture showing it back to blue? 

4) Wicket's eyes are changed to CGI.  I don't get the point of that change?  Did he change the eyes on every puppet now?  I doubt it.  So, why just Wicket?  Did they change the eyes on every Ewok? 

5) Greedo TIES Han's blaster shot.  Han still flinches.  So, technically neither shoots first.  LOL.  Wow!  Ok Lucas. 

That is all I have read from the internet today.  I am not saying any of it is true or untrue. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 30, 2011, 05:31 PM »
Surprised the Ewoks are CGI now.

Well, if Wicket's eyes are true, then now Hasbro will have to reissue all the Ewoks with their new colored eyes (if all are green).
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 05:39 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2011, 06:15 PM »
Listen to that krayt Dragon yell someone posted.

It is HILARIOUS. its like, i want it as my ringtone hahaha

Jim
Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2011, 07:54 PM »
That may be able to be arranged easily.

Wow...  Well, ok, of the two things posted, I could PROBABLY live with the "No", but the Krayt yell is dismal.

Ewok eyes...  Ok, whatever.

Han/Greedo...  **** it man, that's been dead to me since the first change.

Shaw replaced with Christansen, again, sucks.

Luke's saber...  I don't f'n care enough.

Weird...  Just weird.

Why can't they do the stuff I'd LIKE to see, like add more ships to battles and things?  They intended the battles to be bigger and couldn't pull it off the right way, so why not do stuff like that?  Is replacing Shaw that big a deal?  Is Han being a ***** now really how you wanted to portray him?  Blah.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2011, 08:31 PM »
These are hardly confirmed. I grain of salt, perhaps?
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2011, 08:44 PM »
Listen to that krayt Dragon yell someone posted.

It is HILARIOUS. its like, i want it as my ringtone hahaha

Jim

OMFG, that sounded so ridiculous!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback