Author Topic: Star Wars on Blu-Ray  (Read 167947 times)

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars on Blu-Ray
« Reply #405 on: October 26, 2011, 11:13 AM »
I liked the prequel extra about the boga with the guy who designed him saying he pretends that the Boga survives even though George said he dies... the main problem with the prequel extras for me is, animatics just aren't as fun to watch as Mark Hamill trying to swing a lightsabre with yoda on his back...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #406 on: November 3, 2011, 08:23 AM »
Man that Cut Scene Wampa is laughably bad...I always loved the Wampa toy as a youngling and I can sort of see how the toy and the Wampa in the cut scenes are related.  The SE Wampa is way better :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #407 on: November 3, 2011, 02:23 PM »
Hehe, yeah he's so bad he's almost cute.  I like his goofy eyes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #408 on: March 12, 2012, 01:53 AM »
So it took me a while, but I bought the Star Wars Saga on Blu Ray today...  The sale at Target was my inspiration, and I took the ad to Best Buy for a price match, as I had $20 in rewards points I needed to use this year anyway, and figured why not now? 

So for $65, I walked away with the Blu Ray editions of the movies.

They're definitely worth owning, to me, for that price...  $99.99 though, no.  Having them now (and hooking up the Blu Ray player I got for Xmas just tonight as well), I really appreciate them for what they are...  They're really gorgeous, vivid flicks, fun to watch, and so I'm really happy I have them, but the $100 pricetag was iffy to me.

$65 is a lot easier to take, and I'm happy to have them and hope maybe next weekend to watch them a little more.  I watched some of the extras tonight.  The Luke Tosche Station scene, even though it was already out there, really is a TON better watched on a big assed TV...  I got a 60" 1080p thanks to Sprry's suggestion a couple years back, and I was really floored how even the rough looking deleted stuff popped out, and the hyper detail you see on some of the characters and sets.

If making a Tosche Station diorama was on your mind, you really need these BR's and a big assed TV to help you on your way.

I didn't watch everything, but what I did check out is great, and I cannot wait to see the rest of the bonus stuff and just chill out watching the films over time.  I had a lot of fun with this tonight. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 13, 2012, 08:54 AM »
I like the quality of these releases, and I wish they could have brought over all the stuff from the existing DVD (pet peeve of mine when they don't do that).  The thing that annoys me most on these is the super-clunky menus.  It is all so slow and cumbersome, just to try and be flashy.  I find them annoying.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #410 on: March 13, 2012, 02:31 PM »
They do seem slow to me, but I'm ok with that stuff and like flashy I guess.  Maybe they're trying to entertain the guy like me that doesn't know any better?  :D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 13, 2012, 02:46 PM »
I opened my set when I first got it back in...what September?  Still have yet to view any of the discs though.   :-\   $80 ain't too bad at Target.  I think I paid $90 and got the lithographs with the set.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #412 on: February 28, 2013, 11:54 PM »
SW.com: Star Wars Blu-ray Trilogies to Be Released in Limited Edition Steelbook Packaging

Since their release in 2011, the Star Wars trilogy collections have become two of the bestselling Blu-ray Disc catalog releases of all time. Lucasfilm and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment announced today that these beloved Star Wars sets, presenting the classic films in stunning HD, will be re-released in limited edition steelbook packaging at select retailers in the UK, Australia, Japan, and Spain. There is no US release currently planned.

Release dates for the steelbook sets will be announced shortly.

Still not buying. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #413 on: January 2, 2014, 11:39 PM »
On sale for $60 at Amazon and free shipping
« Last Edit: January 2, 2014, 11:39 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 3, 2014, 01:54 PM »

That's a sweet deal.  This is the most up-to-date version with all the bonus material, right?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #415 on: January 3, 2014, 10:58 PM »

That's a sweet deal.  This is the most up-to-date version with all the bonus material, right?

Correct.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 4, 2014, 12:26 AM »
I picked up a set.  Thanks for the tip Jay!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 8, 2014, 05:33 PM »
I have watched the whole entire Saga of Star Wars on blu-ray so many times.  I think there are actually just a lot of positives on the blu-rays with the changes, especially the audio fixes in A New Hope and the lightsaber fixtures.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #418 on: August 5, 2015, 11:53 AM »
Welp, looks like no OOT this Fall.

The Star Wars Saga to Be Enshrined in Limited Edition Blu-Ray Steelbooks

the first six will be released as commemorative Blu-ray steelbooks for a limited time on November 10, with pre-orders beginning on August 7. Each film comes with beautiful new character packaging that include Darth Maul for The Phantom Menace, Yoda for Attack of the Clones, General Grievous for Revenge of the Sith, Darth Vader for A New Hope, an Imperial stormtrooper for The Empire Strikes Back, and Emperor Palpatine for Return of the Jedi. Star Wars: The Complete Saga will also be released in newly-repackaged artwork on October 13.

In addition to the collectible steelbook packaging, each Blu-ray disc features existing audio commentary with George Lucas and the film crew as well as audio commentary from archival interviews with the cast and crew.

The Complete Saga includes all six feature films on Blu-ray, along with three additional discs containing more than 40 hours of previously-released extensive special features.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 5, 2015, 12:21 PM »
I find it odd that it's called "The Complete Saga.  Aren't they releasing 3 more movies into the Saga (plus stand alones that add to the Saga).  Unless they have Episodes 7, 8 and 9 in it, this isn't anywhere near complete... unless they mean the Complete Lucas Saga.