Author Topic: Star Wars on Blu-Ray  (Read 167950 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars on Blu-Ray
« Reply #195 on: August 31, 2011, 08:50 AM »
I still don't have a Blue Ray player and after hearing about the tinkering, I'm no longer tempted to look into getting one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 31, 2011, 08:56 AM »
Don't care about Ewok eyes or saber colors, but I utterly reject any changes that actually impact the plot or original continuity.

I never want to see Hayden Jackoff in ANYTHING OT. To quote the Simpsons " You ruined everything! Ruiner!"

You cannot add the NOOOO to that scene in ROTJ, it detracts from the overall emotional impact of that scene, which was perfect as it existed originally.

And I will never, ever let that Han shoots first thing go. Single worst thing Lucas has ever done in his entire professional career. THEY DID NOT SHOOT AT THE SAME TIME! Dude just does not get it.

F-these sets if Han doesn't shoot first.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2011, 09:48 AM »
I like the comments given on youtube for the kryte dragon yell.

"Sand people are notoriously scared of flamboyant homosexuals."

"Actually, this is true to George's real vision for Star Wars. He had always intended for Obi-Wan to be a flaming homosexual, but the studios just wouldn't allow it..."
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #198 on: August 31, 2011, 09:50 AM »
I utterly reject any changes that actually impact the plot or original continuity.

I disagree - if anything, I think they should make more changes to the OT -

- forget that iconic furenal pyre at the end of Jedi, I want to see Vader live and put on the sweet white armor!
- forget the heroic escape from doom, I want to see Wedge, Lando, and the Falcon go up in flames with DS2!
- forget Han shoots first, let's swap out the guns for cell phones and Han can just sneak away when Greedo is distracted by his ringing phone!
- forget Luke's one-in-a-millon shot to blow up DS1, swap in bumbling X-Wing Pilot JarJar Binks who accidentally makes the shot instead!
- forget Jedi Luke's lame convoluted rescue plot, lets get the goddamned Batman into the picture to rescue Carbonite Han!

#suggestionsforlucas

Now we're talking about a great set of movies...  >:D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 31, 2011, 10:04 AM »
- forget Luke's one-in-a-millon shot to blow up DS1, swap in bumbling X-Wing Pilot JarJar Binks who accidentally makes the shot instead!

Score!

Mesa oopsee bang bang kerblamo death star!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 31, 2011, 10:05 AM »
Wow.  I guess, knowing George, we all expected more changes here and there to some extent - but I'm kind of surprised with some of these.  Honestly, I don't think I'd mind changes/insertions/etc. to the prequels, but like many others, I sort of wish he'd just leave the OT alone at this point.  Like Jesse mentioned earlier, if anything - add ships to the space battles or things like that.  I guess I don't mind things like a dug in the back of Jabba's Palace or things like that, but the new "no" line in ROTJ, the blinking ewoks, etc. just seem unnecessary.

I'm almost surprised (although there hasn't really been news on the PT) that we aren't seeing some CW characters get inserted into those movies in some way (Ahsoka, Cad Bane, or just one of the other species in the background).  Like I said, I don't mind him changing things here and there in the PT as much - and some places (like the Coruscant Night Club for instance) could use more interesting aliens I think.  I wonder if there will be even more changes for the 3D releases, or if it will be the same as these.  I've always given George the benefit of the doubt, but if this new "no" scene is in ROTJ - after all the jokes about the ROTS one - it almost seems like he's trying to get fans worked up.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #201 on: August 31, 2011, 12:23 PM »
Any word/rumors on free goodies stores might be giving out on release day? I'd rather pre-order from Amazon but I'm holding out to see if there's anything good at retail.

Buy any of the Blu-rays at Walmart and you'll also take home a poster of this gorgeous and not-at-all-ridiculous Star Wars artwork.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 31, 2011, 12:40 PM »
Is Lucas going to turn these movies into comedies  ???  I'm going to be pissed if I see JarJar ANYWHERE in the OT
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 31, 2011, 02:14 PM »
Any word/rumors on free goodies stores might be giving out on release day? I'd rather pre-order from Amazon but I'm holding out to see if there's anything good at retail.

Buy any of the Blu-rays at Walmart and you'll also take home a poster of this gorgeous and not-at-all-ridiculous Star Wars artwork.

It sure seems like the store exclusives this time around have been lame or non-existant.  Maybe we will see something else closer to release, but all I've heard of so far is film cell things and this artwork.  It seems like building this up as one of the biggest blu ray releases so far would merit some sort of spiffy packaging or bonus.  I've got one preordered on Amazon, but if one of the local stores can come closer to the same price I'll probably just buy it there.  So far, nothing I've heard of sounds too great though.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #204 on: August 31, 2011, 02:47 PM »
These are hardly confirmed. I grain of salt, perhaps?

Realer than Real Deal Holyfield.

On Wednesday, a press representative for Lucasfilm confirmed that this change will be included in the Blu-ray release, writing in an email: “Yes—Darth says NO.”

New York Times: Lucasfilm Confirms Change to Blu-ray Release of ‘Return of the Jedi’
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 31, 2011, 03:13 PM »
I hope it is not true about Hayden's face when Luke takes off Vader's Mask.  One of the greatest scenes SW saga is now ruined with one little word. ugh :'(

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #206 on: August 31, 2011, 03:41 PM »
I hope it is not true about Hayden's face when Luke takes off Vader's Mask.  One of the greatest scenes SW saga is now ruined with one little word. ugh :'(

Sebastian Shaw hasn't been replaced.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 31, 2011, 04:21 PM »
I like the comments given on youtube for the kryte dragon yell.

"Sand people are notoriously scared of flamboyant homosexuals."

"Actually, this is true to George's real vision for Star Wars. He had always intended for Obi-Wan to be a flaming homosexual, but the studios just wouldn't allow it..."

My personal favs:

Now we know what sound Gary Busey makes when he masturbates

Sandpeople: HOLY ****! RUN BEFORE LUCAS CHANGES US TOO!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #208 on: August 31, 2011, 04:40 PM »
From some shitheel's blog:

"Yes, the updates are confirmed. We hope fans will wait to see for themselves how they fit into the Saga before making any judgments."

Offline Orangepeace

• Youngling
  • "Defend what's Yours!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 31, 2011, 05:02 PM »
 >:( Boycott! Boycott! Boycott! Boycott! Let Lucas sit in his mass produced junk. I'd rather watch my unaltered VHS versions over and over again till they sputter out. ;)
"Boy I hate being right."-Ian Malcolm-Jurassic Park