Author Topic: Star Wars on Blu-Ray  (Read 168255 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Star Wars on Blu-Ray
« Reply #210 on: August 31, 2011, 05:05 PM »
Is there a way I could just get the bonus materials disc?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 31, 2011, 05:11 PM »
I donīt like the dug insertion >:(

Some spaces like the stairway needed to be empty to appreciate it.

Itīs dumb

It is like Homer from Greece tries to remake his Odisey.

"Homer the greek blind aedo realised that the 40 pretenders for Penelope were very few
for that exciting scene, and he decided to include a minotaurus, a Centaurus and a baby Lestrogon (species of giant) to fill better the palace."

Guys, Lucas has missed the shot this time.

The Noo from Vader is unnecesary, quite disgusting. Dialogue is taken as granted in the Ot Versions. This
Nooo! and the cry spoil the mistery and the majesty of the classic scene.

I am in favor of some scenes from archive and alternate takes, like Jerjerood force choked.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 07:45 PM by EpicGon »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 31, 2011, 05:38 PM »
I think I remember folk saying this back in 04, but I hope there's a way to watch the original movies in some shape or form - or maybe if they just put the tweaks in the special features so we can all laugh at them there instead of throughout the movies?

ROTJ was the first movie I ever saw in theatres so this NoOOO NOOOOOOO! thing just really bugs me.   :(   I hope we don't see Vader crying after he gets fryed having flashbacks to Padme after saving Luke.

I'm sure there's more insanity to follow.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 31, 2011, 05:58 PM »
Any word/rumors on free goodies stores might be giving out on release day? I'd rather pre-order from Amazon but I'm holding out to see if there's anything good at retail.

Buy any of the Blu-rays at Walmart and you'll also take home a poster of this gorgeous and not-at-all-ridiculous Star Wars artwork.

After seeing this, Standard and Poors lowered Star Wars' merchandise rating to "bad unicorn paintings", just a notch above "dollar store ceramic frog".

Offline Orangepeace

• Youngling
  • "Defend what's Yours!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 31, 2011, 06:01 PM »
That's why I'm saying boycott. I mean, I like some tweaks like the blades of the lightsabers being done correctly. Though seeing and hearing the things I've seen is just a disgrace. Though, I got to admit it's 21st Century Lucas. Which, brings to thought. How would 20th Century Lucas feel if he met 21st Lucas and saw the tweaks. Would he like them?
"Boy I hate being right."-Ian Malcolm-Jurassic Park

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 31, 2011, 06:05 PM »
ROTJ was the first movie I ever saw in theatres so this NoOOO NOOOOOOO! thing just really bugs me.   :(   I hope we don't see Vader crying after he gets fryed having flashbacks to Padme after saving Luke.

I'm sure that will happen and Anakin will tell Luke what a jerk of a Dad he was, torturing his sister, cutting off his arm, torturing his friends, shooting his Droid (well, it used to be Padme's), and 'murdering' his mother.

As for blinking, green eyed Wicket, I think it's a preview of what Darth Plagieus will actually be when he's added to the prequels. For a look, just see Angry Ewok's avatar.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 06:09 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #216 on: August 31, 2011, 07:01 PM »
From some shitheel's blog:

"Yes, the updates are confirmed. We hope fans will wait to see for themselves how they fit into the Saga before making any judgments."

Right. Because I haven't seen these movies dozens of times, and I can't possibly imagine how it would sound or look to put these changes in. I have to see them in the context of the entire movie. Ok.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 31, 2011, 07:08 PM »
Why does Lucas insist on bringing the Original Trilogy down to the level of the Prequel Trilogy? If anything the Prequels need more elements of the Originals. If he wanted to replace Naboo Starfighters with Y-wings, I'd be fine with that. Instead I'm expecting to see Jar Jar tucked in a previously vacant corner of the Mon Calamari cruiser, waving like an idiot.
Post sober.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 31, 2011, 08:06 PM »
Number 5 and 9 are the same.  ;)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 31, 2011, 08:10 PM »
Love #2.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 31, 2011, 08:40 PM »
My wife checked out the Vader "Nooo!" scene and she now says I am not allowed to buy this set. She says that is stupiest thing she ever saw.  Thanks Lucasfilm! You've saved me alot of money this year.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 31, 2011, 09:05 PM »
I still have a hard time believing the Dragon sound effect is a real clip.  It also seems that if Jayson is right about the insertion of the rocks, the sequence is missing that effect.  So something has to give. 

While I am not a fan of the Vader "Noooo" addition (I prefer the original), I can understand the rationale for it.  For 20 years, this man has been saying "Yes, my master."  Certainly tossing Palpy down the chute is a definitive "No" but verbalizing it adds another dimension to it.  In the end, it is an unnecessary addition, but I am not freaking out about it. 

The Dragon sound effect, if true, just blows. Why would the Sandpeople be afraid of that?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #223 on: August 31, 2011, 09:23 PM »
You know what they should do: When the heroes are speeding away from the Sarlacc as the barge explodes, show a nondescript figure rocketing out of the back of the frame complete with vapor trail. That would be a ret-con I could live with.  :P
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:42 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 31, 2011, 09:39 PM »
I think the Vader screaming "Nooooo" is not an actual addition to the film by Lucas, but by Vader himself, horrified by all the horrible alterations Lucas has made over the years.