Author Topic: Correct scale Millenium Falcon WIP (pic heavy!) 10/15/11  (Read 51416 times)

Offline rogue1

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Correct scale Millenium Falcon WIP (pic heavy!) 7/19/11
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2011, 05:50 PM »
A little more detail work on the main hold:

As always, comments/critiques welcome!

Offline rogue1

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Correct scale Millenium Falcon WIP (pic heavy!) 9/15/11
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2011, 05:56 PM »
More on the main hold:

Offline rogue1

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Correct scale Millenium Falcon WIP (pic heavy!) 9/30/11
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2011, 09:18 PM »
More main hold detail:

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Correct scale Millenium Falcon WIP (pic heavy!) 10/15/11
« Reply #48 on: April 8, 2012, 06:31 PM »
This looks fantastic.  Any recent updates to share?  I'm kind of curious if you've gotten to the electronics bay that we saw in TESB.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JayTeeErricck

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2015, 05:27 AM »
I'm a fan of this project of rogue1's.  Even when I was a 7 year old kid playing with my Kenner Millenium Falcon, I knew that the scale was just wrong compared to the action figures.  I dreamed of having a Falcon that was TRUE-scale to the 3 3/4" heroes.

It's been at least 3 year's time since there have been any new photos / updates to this thread.  Does ANYONE know if rogue1 is still working on this project OR if he has since completed it?  I would be very grateful to see even MORE pix of this project & what kind of progress he's (she's?) made since the last posted photos.

Or has there been a new / more up-to-date post string added that continues from this one?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2015, 06:57 PM »
No clue honestly.  I've not kept up with it.  I liked his project too, but customizing projects are just something I don't watch much any longer.  I kinda went off on my own direction with customizing and lost interest in the overall community after a while (started getting a little chippier, bitchier, etc.).

I love any scaled ship being done though.  I appreciate guys who are picky with that stuff.  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JayTeeErricck

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2015, 06:04 AM »
Jesse James,

Thank you for the reply!

By "chippier", do you mean some people in the customizing community have a chip on their shoulders?

In any case, I hope rogue1 resurfaces.  Would be nice to know how he / she is doing.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2015, 06:28 PM »
More that they are generally not as hospitable as when I joined them back in the old FFURG listserver days.  It's gone from less a community to more a place where criticism isn't appreciated, discussion is limited, and most are out to make a buck in profit off the hobby rather than share knowledge and expand customizing.

At Celebration III we (FFURG) put on a great basic customizing tutorial/display... It wasn't just diorama'ing and all that stuff, it was actual boil/popping, building, painting...  It was hands-on, it was active.  It had interest from Hasbro's reps, it had interest from fans of all ages, it had interest from celebrity guests.  It was really fun, and embodied getting knowledge out there about this niche within the hobby.

Now...  It's more about showing things off and expecting praise, an inability to take anything but, and a lack of desire to share techniques I've noticed.  I see this in other customizing too, like G.I. Joe.  A lot of "secretive" guys come out.  I've seen some outright lie about how easily things can be done because they want people to not try it themselves (since they sell it).  It was disappointing to see, and I dropped out mostly because of that stuff.  I make things for myself, not for Ebay.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JayTeeErricck

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2015, 02:36 AM »
Now that STAR WARS Episode VII: "The Force Awakens" is out in theaters, I am once again wondering how this project is going.  Always wanted to see a Falcon to scale with the 3 3/4" figures we've known since childhood.

Would love to hear from Rogue 1 if he's still around at all.

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee Erricck

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2017, 04:37 PM »
Are you going to include the fresher modified for Wookie physiology? #wookiedump
Macklunkey!