Author Topic: Prayers and Thoughts Requested  (Read 5280 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Prayers and Thoughts Requested
« Reply #15 on: March 9, 2008, 08:05 AM »
That is horribly sad news, thank you for adding the link to the article so we could learn a little more about him. I have done some kubrick deals with Tony in the past as well, and will always look at my kubricks he carded a little differently now.

His family is also wondering what to do with his 400 Kubrik style blister packs and many kubrik figures. I have been told that the familly is having some financial problems due to the cost of his hospice care and other expences.

If you can help the family organize an auction for the collection on ebay, we can sure help spread the word to kubrick sites. I would see it more as a fund raising event for the family, rather than simply another auction. Maybe ebay can even help them list it as a charity auction, which might increase the exposure or reduce the fees. We recently used ebay to help sell some items from my father's estate, and it is a good outlet for items where family members just aren't sure about the value of something.

So sad...

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 9, 2008, 10:04 AM »
I didn't know Tony, but reading the article gave me some insight into him.  It's such a shame that in the midst of their battle with his cancer, they had to spent so much time and resources fighting to get him prescribed treatment.  My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife, family and friends.  Sounds like we lost a great guy.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 9, 2008, 12:32 PM »
We've lost a great member of the SW collecting community with incredible talent. He will be missed.  :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 9, 2008, 04:36 PM »
I didn't know (of) him either, but my thoughts are with his family and friends. May they find strength in each other.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 9, 2008, 05:10 PM »
Yes, same here.  I did not know him at all, but that is incredibly sad news to learn. 

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 9, 2008, 08:50 PM »
Thoughts and prayers go out to Tony's family.
Beth

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 9, 2008, 11:15 PM »
shocking and sad. I loved his work, looking forward to some of the ideas he was mulling over. I hadn't heard from him in a while, i just figured he was hard at work on the next set of customs.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of his friends and family.

Please do put up some charity auctions on Ebay, we'll get the word out that its going to help out a family in need.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 09:07 AM »
Very sad news, thoughts and prayers to all friends and family.

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 11:39 AM »
I've always loved his custom carded kubrick work so it is definately sad to hear that he passed away.  I would have liked to have gotten at least one of his custom figs so If his family decides to auction any off please someone post links to the auctions as I'd like to bid on some.

Offline StealthTank

• Youngling
  • "Kubrick Royalty"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 01:31 PM »
Rest in peace, Tony.