Author Topic: Target TFU Attack on Kashyyyk Battle Pack  (Read 55046 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Target TFU Assault on Kashyyyk Battle Pack
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2008, 02:32 AM »
Do these Stormtroopers use that same mold that the Tantive IV BP Stormies used? I'll probably get one if that's the case.

They are the VOTC Stormie mold.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 09:08 AM »
Can you really picture Vader actually walking around a jungle/forest though?  That part just seems kinda silly.

I always pictured Vader walking everywhere and anywhere ever since Obi-wan told Luke that Vader helped to hunt down the Jedi.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2008, 03:13 PM »
Some interesting stuff on the Stormtrooper...

THe body overall is the VOTC, but the legs have date stamps of 2005 on them for whatever reason.  Anyway, found that interesting.  Cool figure nonetheless, but it is the VOTC sculpt as near as I can tell.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2008, 06:36 PM »
I am buying this set for the wookiees. but the stormtroopers (are not the tantive IV versions) is an  extra bonus with VOTC Vader.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 04:15 AM »
Do these Stormtroopers use that same mold that the Tantive IV BP Stormies used? I'll probably get one if that's the case.

They are the VOTC Stormie mold.

Can someone remind me what the differences between the VOTC and Tantive IV Stormtroopers are?  Do they have the same articulation?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2008, 04:33 AM »
The Capture on the Tantive IV Stormtrooper is the Evolutions "Sandtrooper" just with a clean deco Jess...  No backpacks or big ass gun either, just a regular blaster.  He has the "Sandtrooper Belt' with the ammo packs on it, and no waist articulation.

And the VOTC Stormtrooper is the super articulated figure of course with the ball/socket torso/waist, and the stormtrooper holster.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2008, 09:16 AM »

THe body overall is the VOTC, but the legs have date stamps of 2005 on them for whatever reason. 

Aren't they supposed to have the 2005 date stamp? That's the year the VOTC came out.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2008, 12:10 PM »
VOTC was 2004.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2008, 01:14 PM »
Picked this up at Target last night using DPCI trick... I actually really like this set.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2008, 02:14 PM »
I'm gonna try to pick up a couple of these. Maybe even a third if I can find one on clearance.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2008, 10:33 PM »
The Capture on the Tantive IV Stormtrooper is the Evolutions "Sandtrooper" just with a clean deco Jess...  No backpacks or big ass gun either, just a regular blaster.  He has the "Sandtrooper Belt' with the ammo packs on it, and no waist articulation.

And the VOTC Stormtrooper is the super articulated figure of course with the ball/socket torso/waist, and the stormtrooper holster.

Thanks JJ - I don't know why I can't keep that straight. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2008, 09:08 AM »
VOTC was 2004.

Right.

Here's the deal, (I pulled out the various variants) the '04 VOTC has an '04 date stamp on the foot, while the Saga Sandtrooper has an '05 date stamp on the leg. So one would assume the Santrooper legs are in standard use now since they're in the Kashyyyk pack, the Mouse/Brasso pack and on use on the TAC trooper. The Evo Storm/Sandtrooper have an '05 stamp on the foot.

Offline spacejunker

• Jedi Initiate
  • Got Hope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2008, 02:10 PM »
This is a complete pass for me even on clearance.
No Way No How No McCain

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2008, 11:24 AM »
The local Target had an entire endcap crammed full of these, the Aayla JSF, and both GH sets this morning.  To put it simply, I wasn't impressed with this set enough to get it on clearance, much less at full price.  The Wookiees looked nice, but they didn't impress me enough to spend 20 bucks on the set. 

I do think that this would have been a much easier purchase for a lot of people if the Vader had been dropped in favor of, say, a resculpted Tarfful, that blue Stormtrooper Commander, or another plain white Stormtrooper.  Then again, that would require a set to go out without a Darth Vader in it, and such an event would result in the sun imploding.  ::)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2008, 09:05 PM »
Then again, that would require a set to go out without a Darth Vader in it, and such an event would result in the sun imploding.  ::)

LOL!  ;D Very funny!

You have a great point, this set would have been much better if it had been a kit-bashed Tarfful combined with the ROTS preview Wookie and then three of those Stormtrooper "Commanders". There was really no need for a Vader in this set. We're already getting a Vader as part of the TFU figure wave.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!