Author Topic: Target TFU Attack on Kashyyyk Battle Pack  (Read 55055 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Target TFU Attack on Kashyyyk Battle Pack
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2008, 11:14 PM »
I like the AOK one with the lighter brown and higher contrast between his fur and dark highlights. His eyes look open, more visible than the other and the ROTS SP. He looks like he's really in a rage. The wash on the face gives great detail too. They didn't paint the finger nails on either of the AOKs though.

Actually, the fingers and nails were painted on the ROTS Sneak Preview ones. Not sure about the fingers on the heavy gunner, but the nails are painted. Neither the fingers or nails on the AOK are painted.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 11:28 PM by Ook »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2008, 09:27 AM »
Thanks for the "street Date" info and the pictures guys. Ironically, (as always) it looked like one of my Targets was getting ready to set an end cap yesterday. Crossing my fingers it's for SW.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2008, 12:13 PM »
This is an excellent BP, worth buying indeed. I already bought two and I am thinking of a third one. I only wish they gave the Wookies the preview rifle, those missile firing bowcasters suck. I plan on doing some interchanging of parts/gear between my extras of the older ones to make them different naturally.

FYI - My 4 Stormies legs are all warped too.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2008, 02:26 PM »
Here's one I whipped up quick just now...

RotS Preview, RotS Repaint, and then the 2x TFU Battle Pack wookiees.

They are all definitely different colors (dark brown, tan, red-brown, orange-brown) with different fur deco patterns and the BP ones have the new bandoliers.

Thanks for the pic. I am still torn but after seeing the comparison i am leaning more towards buying the set.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2008, 02:38 PM »
Hmmm... my one set has good legs on the Stormies.  Hearing that some are warped has be a bit nervous about buying more.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2008, 02:40 PM »
Hmmm... my one set has good legs on the Stormies.  Hearing that some are warped has be a bit nervous about buying more.

The longer they sit, the chance of warpage grows exponentially. You better buy them all now at full price.  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2008, 05:48 AM »
Thanks for the pic. I am still torn but after seeing the comparison i am leaning more towards buying the set.

Ditto!  Now I definitely need this set to add the Wookiees to my display.  Plus I won't complain about having 2 more SA Stormtroopers.  And I've been known to buy a Vader or two in the past.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2008, 09:21 AM »
The warped issue... is that different from the one leg shorter than the other issue? If so, explain, I haven't heard that one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2008, 01:38 PM »
The warped issue... is that different from the one leg shorter than the other issue? If so, explain, I haven't heard that one.
think they mean the legs might be "curved" to one side or another depending how they're packaged/posed/strapped with the clear bands in the plastic.  My Octo Droid has some warpage in his legs but nothing some hot water can't fix.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Target TFU Assault on Kashyyyk Battle Pack
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2008, 03:46 PM »
THe body overall is the VOTC, but the legs have date stamps of 2005 on them for whatever reason.  Anyway, found that interesting. 

Today I was re-arranging the Stormtroopers on my shelves and I noticed that at some point, Hasbro changed the placement of the peg-holes on the feet of the vOTC Stormtrooper sculpt.  On the original 2004 vOTC version, the peg holes are in the back of the foot and a 2004 date stamp is on the other part of the foot. 

Everything that uses the sculpt after that though (Shadow, SDCC 501st, TSC Sandie, 30AC, Comic Packs) has the peg hole in the center of the foot and a 2005 date stamp on the back of the leg.  On some of the newer figures, you can still see a hex-shape at the back of the foot that shows where they filled in the old peg hole.

So there you go.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2008, 07:14 PM »
No sign of this set today.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2008, 09:03 AM »
Good catch Jeff. Can't wait to get my stuff back up on display so I can figure stuff like that out easier. :P

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2008, 04:06 PM »
Saw an endcap of these yesterday, with the Target exclu GH's, look pretty cool and will probably snatch up a couple later.  Don't remember which Vader it was though.  I guess we're lucky we didn't get Stormies painted ala the Kashyyyk AT-?? drivers from last X-mas Target battlepack.
Though it have made more sense for them to have been Scouts instead of Stormies I guess it's something from the game and we'll just wait and see.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2008, 05:47 PM »
Real lucky on the STormie repaints, at least to me...  One more bastardization of the OT avoided.

Plus I'm not disappointed in not getting scouts, though we really haven't gotten Scouts in a battlepack (I'd love more with movable visors).  The battle, I'm guessing, is a full fledged thing in the game invading the planet setting up the old EU of WOokiee's = enslaved and their planet under Martial Law by the Empire... 

For that, I love the set.  2 good Stormtroopers and 2 good Wookiee Warriors.  That's not a bad thing for what it is.  I think if they'd made it more different with repainting Stormtroopers trying to get impulse variation buying going, I'd be disappointed honestly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2008, 12:28 PM »
I'm really glad the stormies weren't repainted, I think that's just a super lame way to get army-builders' money, and not nearly as cool as the new divisions (Evotroopers and Jumptroopers). I wouldn't have minded seeing scouts in place of the stormies, either way would've been just as effective as the other in making the set as cool as it is IMO.

I'm gonna go looking for this set today, I haven't made it to Target recently.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!