Author Topic: Target TFU Attack on Kashyyyk Battle Pack  (Read 55057 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Target TFU Attack on Kashyyyk Battle Pack
« Reply #90 on: April 4, 2008, 04:48 PM »
They offer refunds on clearance prices?

I thought it was only sale prices...

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 4, 2008, 04:50 PM »
I still don't like this pack, but I've been getting tempted on buying it simply because I can't find anything new.   :-\

Patience. In a couple of weeks these will be out for $10 and you'll be glad you waited.

I caved and bought it yesterday.  It's pretty much a guarantee that these will hit clearance so I'm saving my receipt.   ;)

Did you use the Target coupon?  $5 more and you would've gotten $5 off.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 4, 2008, 04:58 PM »
Did you use the Target coupon?  $5 more and you would've gotten $5 off.

I always use the Target coupon.  I can always find something else to purchase enough product to meet $25.  It was a bit messy however trying to work out my 3 order forms for the Hasbro Play Rewards.  Damned subtraction!

Probably saved about $80-$100 using it so far.   :)

...oh and I still don't like this BP btw.   :-X
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 5, 2008, 10:01 AM »
I still don't like this pack, but I've been getting tempted on buying it simply because I can't find anything new.   :-\

Patience. In a couple of weeks these will be out for $10 and you'll be glad you waited.

I caved and bought it yesterday.  It's pretty much a guarantee that these will hit clearance so I'm saving my receipt.   ;)

My receipt got sent to play rewards. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 7, 2008, 09:09 AM »
Just a side note, but I don't know if anyone was watching the prequels on Spike TV this weekend - but I noticed yesterday, between AOTC and ROTS, they had a preview/announcement on the Force Unleashed.  They showed footage and talked about how you can play as Darth Vader for the first level of the game, and showed Vader on Kashyyyk force choking wookiees - likely where this pack is originated from.  That might be old news to some, but I just thought I'd pass it along.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 7, 2008, 09:11 AM »
Seems like a new scene to me. A lot of talk about this pack has been speculation about a scene on Kashyyyk.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: April 7, 2008, 02:10 PM »
Yeah the first level you play as Darth Vader, according to yesterday's somewhat short preview...  You play as him till you find your apprentice I guess, then it shifts over.  I figured right away that's why the pack was made then.  Makes sense now, and too bad the pack couldn't have waited till the game's release.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 7, 2008, 03:58 PM »
Also too bad the Wookiees aren't a bit different than they are... imagine how awesome it would have been to get an all new Wookiee or two in this set. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 8, 2008, 11:46 AM »
Yeah the first level you play as Darth Vader, according to yesterday's somewhat short preview...

I caught the preview as well, so that makes this set less sucky.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2008, 12:55 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 8, 2008, 12:29 PM »
I think game delay really has skewed people's perception of the toys.  Vader does seem more appropriate for this set now.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 8, 2008, 12:38 PM »
This is why the video game should come before the toys.

Crazy thought, huh?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 8, 2008, 01:31 PM »
Well none of it is Hasbro's fault, from what I can tell.  I just can't believe how far the game got pushed back from the original launch date... hopefully it will be worth the wait... and I'd love to see a surprise tie in with more TFU figures being released around that time, though I don't know how Hasbro would feel about making more to conincide with the release.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 8, 2008, 06:40 PM »
Also too bad the Wookiees aren't a bit different than they are... imagine how awesome it would have been to get an all new Wookiee or two in this set. 

I desperately want all-new, posable sculpts of Tarfful and Merumeru.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2008, 09:13 AM »
These have been kind of scarce around here. How are they selling in your neck of the woods?

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2008, 09:42 AM »
These have been kind of scarce around here. How are they selling in your neck of the woods?
I've only seen them twice then they were gone. I didn't buy one. Though I wasn't planning on it either. If I find them back out and at clearance price, I'll buy several for the troopers and custom paint the Wookiees. (I'll just be stuck with yet more Vaders)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010