Author Topic: Target TFU Attack on Kashyyyk Battle Pack  (Read 55060 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Target TFU Attack on Kashyyyk Battle Pack
« on: February 9, 2008, 09:23 PM »
Attack on Kashyyyk Battle Pack.

From, http://www.casefresh.com/starwars/hasbro/

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 05:09 PM by Jeff »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Target TFU Wookiee Battle Pack
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 09:04 AM »
I sure hope that the fifth figure is a Stormtrooper so I can pass on it entirely.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2008, 08:02 PM by Jeff »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 09:06 AM »
As for the pack, I sure hope that the fifth figure is a Stormtrooper so I can pass on it entirely.

From CashFresh:

ATTACK ON KASHYYYK box set includes:
 • Darth Vader
 • Stormtrooper
 • Stormtrooper
 • Wookiee Warrior
 • Wookiee Warior
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 09:10 AM »
I'm sure I would have found that had I bothered to click on the link.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 10:37 AM »
Ok - so with all of the silliness we've see with Inferno Troopers and the blue Stormtrooper Commander, from the preview shot, why aren't the Stormtroopers featuring jungle cammo armor?

I wonder if the shot is just a mock-up - there doesn't appear to be any difference between the Wookie Warrior and the preview version we got for ROTS. I would hope that they use the repack as an opportunity to paint the figure a different color of fur.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 10:50 AM »
I thought the battle of kashyyyk had the 501st clone troopers doing the attack not stormtroopers  :-X at least that is the impression i got while reading  the Rise of Darth vader,
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 10:50 AM »
I wonder if the shot is just a mock-up - there doesn't appear to be any difference between the Wookie Warrior and the preview version we got for ROTS. I would hope that they use the repack as an opportunity to paint the figure a different color of fur.

They did...can't you see that one is brown and the other is a little darker brown? Heh.

I really don't need another Vader. The two Stormies would be okay, but not noteworthy enough for me to get. The wooks are okay. I won't be in a rush to get this set. I'll wait for it to clearance and won't lose sleep if I never get it.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 12:18 PM »
I'm kinda looking forward to this set. I'm currently working on a Kashyyyk beach diorama, so the Wookiees will be useful for that, and I always love getting more stormtroopers. Vader, meh, I'll find a place for him, that place may be the 'haves section of my trade list.  :P So I'll hopefully pick up a few.

Wait.... :o

What am I saying? What happened to only buying what I absolutely NEED this year? This is a battle pack, and I'm saying I want a few! Ughh...I'm doomed. Again.  :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Target TFU Assault on Kashyyyk Battle Pack
« Reply #8 on: March 9, 2008, 05:48 PM »
I didn't see a thread for it, surprisingly, so I figured I'd start one since I bought it today...

Pretty nice set really.  Both Wookiee's have slightly different fur patterns but it's not very drastic.  I would've dug a light and dark colored wookiee since these two's fur comes close to the original figure's fur coloring a bit, but still it's some wookiee variation and that's welcome.  Especially since this is the best sculpt IMO.

WOuld've been nice to get a new accurate Bowcaster, but not happening (yet).  We do, however, get the Wookiee ammo belt that the smaller ROTS figure came with, but now it's sculpted to fit the BIG Wookiee sculpt.  That's cool since most had this on in the film.  I hope this means we'll get this sculpt re-released with the ammo belt and new headsculpts.  Just some wishful thinking on my part maybe but I'd like some furry diversity.

ALso the two Stormtroopers in the set are VOTC Stormies, so that's pretty slick if you preferred that sculpt to the 30AC Stormtrooper or the Tantive IV Stormtrooper.  Mine have some leg warping due to the packaging but it doesn't really impede them much.

The Darth Vader is the Bespin Vader figure with the separate ball/socket knee joint, so customizers will at least enjoy that since those knees are sort of "in demand", especially if you want to give kneeless Rep. Commando's some articulation.  Otherwise it's just another Vader wasting a spot in an otherwise great set.

STill, the price of 4 army builders and a random crap figure is cheaper than 3 basic figures.  You can't beat that.

Also saw loads of Aayla Secura fighters, and no desire to buy them.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2008, 07:59 PM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Force Unleashed: Assault on Kashyyyk Battlepack
« Reply #9 on: March 9, 2008, 06:07 PM »
Good to know this is out! I'm really looking forward to picking up a few of these.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Force Unleashed: Assault on Kashyyyk Battlepack
« Reply #10 on: March 9, 2008, 06:46 PM »
IMO it's pretty weak sauce. And actually, it's even weaker sauce than I was predicting insofar as they didn't even bother to camo-paint the stormies or repaint the Wookiees.

Still, little kids will eat it up and when you think of it as cheaper than three basic figures, it isn't so bad. Although at the same time, that's depressing in a whole other way. :-\
« Last Edit: March 9, 2008, 06:48 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Target TFU Assault on Kashyyyk Battle Pack
« Reply #11 on: March 9, 2008, 11:47 PM »
Awesome, finally some confirmation that those are VOTC Stormies. I suspected they were by the pics, but wanted some first hand verification. Now I'm definitely picking up one of these.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 01:05 AM »
Guess I didn't look hard enough and there was a thread for this...  ::)  Thanks Jeff.

And actually, it's even weaker sauce than I was predicting insofar as they didn't even bother to camo-paint the stormies or repaint the Wookiees.

So wait...

You wanted them to repaint the Stormtroopers?  :o  You could get shot for saying that around here. ;)

Actually the Wookiees are repainted, or at least one is...  One has a strip down the center of his head sort of...  Definitely different, but it's a fairly slight difference.  it's not like a black wookiee with white stripes, or a cream one...  One may be pretty similar to the preview figure, I'm not sure really and haven't compared it closely.  They're both seemingly unique paintjobs to the preview figure though, and the one noticeably so upon inspection.  They also are different than each other...  And the belts are nice additions as they're new gear that was needed.

For me, $20 for 4 army builders is a good day...  Another doorstop Vader, well that sucks, but still I thought it was a decent value for folks wanting Stormtroopers and Wookiees...  I'd fall into that category though so I'm biased.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 03:31 AM »
So wait...

You wanted them to repaint the Stormtroopers?  :o  You could get shot for saying that around here. ;)

True enough. ;D

It's not a matter of "want" ... I've no stake in this since I wouldn't have bought it either way. :P I merely extrapolate from Hasbro's past behavior and the fact they've slapped the hideous camo on every other variant of clonetrooper and even battledroids and vehicles ... in that light it makes a twisted kind of sense. :-\
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 04:39 AM »
Very twisted...  :(

Actually I'd probably have been a bit bummed out by that...  Part of the coolness of the set for me is two super articulated clean decoes of the original VOTC Stormtrooper...  That was a selling point.  I know what you're saying though, but with Stormtroopers I really am hoping the whole skittles thing is reigned in a little bit.

I'm all for some new headsculpts and vastly different paintjobs for this Wookiee sculpt though.  I'd dig that a lot.