Author Topic: Target TFU Attack on Kashyyyk Battle Pack  (Read 55061 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: Target TFU Attack on Kashyyyk Battle Pack
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2008, 01:34 PM »
It would've been interesting seeing a mix trooper ala the Hoth speeder bike trooper, being a mix of scout and snowtrooper armor, instead a mix of stormie and scout.  Hmmmm I feel a custom coming on  ;D
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2008, 08:57 AM »
Our local Target had these (and the other exclusives) on an endcap since last Wednesday, and all of the exclusives seem to be selling pretty quickly (the GH sets in particular).  I just about picked one of these up the other day, and told myself if there was any left this week I probably would.  Its not like there isn't anything in there we/I don't already have, but I wouldn't mind having a couple more of those VOTC sculpt Stormtroopers, as well as the Wookiee Warriors.  As far as an army building battle pack goes, its probably a pretty good deal - and they actually used good versions of both.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2008, 04:49 PM »
I went to 3 Targets on Saturday night (8-ish) and only one had exclusives out-- and that one had already sold out of the Kashyyyk sets.  This morning I hit 2 more, one of them had everything and one had nothing.  Only 4 of this set left (now 2), but I gotta say it's pretty amazing for $20, given we paid $10 per Vader and Stormtrooper and about $5-$7 for the Wookiees as preview figures.

Did anybody else notice the retooled Stormtrooper arms?  Like most non-VOTC VOTC-based Stormtrooper figures, these have the "R" and "L" molded into the shoulders.  I dig the whiter-white plastic, except for (I think) the torsos.

How many generic Wookiees does this bring us up to now?   Like 7 uniques?   I really like these guys.  I need to compare them to my Wookiees at home but it looks like the paint used for the mouth and teeth is much cleaner and sharper than  before, they really do look nice.  (Although I really would have liked to seen a unique staff, hat, helmet, or some other obviously "new" element.)

Cannot freaking WAIT for the crazy striped Rancor next month.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2008, 05:08 PM »
A quick breakdown of the Prequel Wookiees (excluding POTC Yarua):

ROTS:
Preview Wookiee
#05 Chewbacca
#25 Tarfful
#43 Wookiee Warrior (Light Fur)
#43 Wookiee Warrior (Dark Fur)
#58 Wookiee Commando
#64 Wookiee Heavy Gunner

"Growler" Wookiee (from the Wookiee Flyer)

TSC:
H&V #7 Chewbacca (ROTS #05 repack)
GB #9 Wookiee Warrior (ROTS Preview Wookiee repack)

TAC:
SL Chewbacca (ROTS #05 repack)
2 Kashyyyk BP Wookiees
Wookiee Trooper from New Comic Pack
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 09:40 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2008, 05:14 PM »
You forgot the Wookiee from the RPG set too Jayson.  I'd sorta consider him...  sorta.  He was very much a stand-alone figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2008, 05:19 PM »
You forgot the Wookiee from the RPG set too Jayson.  I'd sorta consider him...  sorta.  He was very much a stand-alone figure.

Yeah, I did space that one. I was trying to only count Kashyyyk battle Wookiees, hence the omission of Yarua.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2008, 06:05 PM »
Ah, ok gotcha on that then...  I'll probably include him (Rowowrrowworwoworwowowrowowrowowrowr, that is), in with my Kashyyyk Wookiee's so he has a home.  He's really just not fitting in anywhere else on my shelves at this point.  Had him in the Cantina with a modified blaster I made him, but he's a little akward.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2008, 02:52 PM »

I love that figure.  He's hanging out with some questionable looking Rodians in my Outlander Club diorama.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2008, 06:32 PM »
I put Rorworr up with my wookie collection and he looks a little out of place.  He's so much smaller than the rest.  I know he's supposed to be a teenager but holy crap!

I think I'll put my Yarua figure up there as well.  As soon as I find the bin that figure's in.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2008, 06:04 PM »
Picked this set up today with the Order 66 sets.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 2, 2008, 09:20 PM »
If anyone is buying multiples of this one for the Stormies and wants to sell a pair of Wookiees let me know.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 3, 2008, 11:02 AM »
I still don't like this pack, but I've been getting tempted on buying it simply because I can't find anything new.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 4, 2008, 02:25 PM »
I still don't like this pack, but I've been getting tempted on buying it simply because I can't find anything new.   :-\

Patience. In a couple of weeks these will be out for $10 and you'll be glad you waited.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 4, 2008, 03:05 PM »

Patience. In a couple of weeks these will be out for $10 and you'll be glad you waited.

I caved and bought it yesterday.  It's pretty much a guarantee that these will hit clearance so I'm saving my receipt.   ;)
« Last Edit: April 4, 2008, 03:08 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 4, 2008, 04:47 PM »
Just wondering... is it a good thing that some collectors go back with their receipt later and want a refund from the original price?  If too many people do that, won't Target end up thinking that it's not worth their while to even carry exclusives, because it shows up as them selling only when on clearance? 

Not trying to single you out iFett - I just know that a lot of people do this, and your post persuaded me to bring this up.