Author Topic: TRU "Disturbance at Lars Homestead" Battle Pack  (Read 84538 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Disturbance at the Lars Homestead Battle Pack?
« Reply #45 on: May 8, 2008, 12:44 AM »
I'm glad this did end up being OT. I'm with the crowd that is on the fence on this one. I really would like the dome and another vaporator will be nice, but if it only comes with three figures and at least two of them probably being the outdated POTF2 sculpts $35 is going to be a lot to shell out on just a dome. I don't actually have a Beru loose though, so that may help convince me. That does appear to be just a prototype image, hopefully they'll include either another Sandtrooper or two, a few droids, or maybe a Jawa or two in the final version.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 8, 2008, 09:18 AM »
I don't know if they could get away with the POTF2 uncle Owen. He'd really be out of place in the set. Seriously, all those POTF2 molds need to be destroyed.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 8, 2008, 09:22 AM »
I know I'll be getting this for the dome. The extra vaporator, and Sandtrooper will help ease the pain of the price. I have no hopes of new sculpts for the Lars' though. Maybe an extra droid in the pack.

As morbid as it sounds, I'd like to have crispy Owen and Beru for this set. Make them "hidden" accessories inside the dome so if you take it out of the package, you've got them.

Parents won't have to be mortified at the initial packaging that way and might not find out until the kid opens it up at home.

If ever there was a time to make crispies, this is it.

Just a thought.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 8, 2008, 09:40 AM »
I definately want this for the dome.  I would assume they make a new Owen at least.  If they actually want people to buy the set that is. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 8, 2008, 09:46 AM »

I think it's safe to assume that we'll never see the crispies. 

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 8, 2008, 10:05 AM »

Well there was a skeleton of sorts with Amanaman, so I'm not ruling it out.

Sorry to have to link to the otheR Site:
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJdeluxeamanaman.asp

So it's possible, even if it's a stretch.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 8, 2008, 10:48 AM »
Like others, I'd buy this for the dome if nothing else - but I really hope we get either more figures, or at least "new" figures.  It does seem a bit sparse for a $35 exclusive battle pack.  The Lars homestead pieces are great, but hopefully we'll see a couple more figures tossed in there - or at least an upgrade on Owen/Beru.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 8, 2008, 11:16 AM »
Definitely getting this for the dome.  I don't care one bit if they pack in POTF2 buff Luke and company.  It's all about getting one of the most iconic structures in Star Wars finally made into plastic.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 8, 2008, 11:38 AM »
Definitely getting this for the dome.  I don't care one bit if they pack in POTF2 buff Luke and company.  It's all about getting one of the most iconic structures in Star Wars finally made into plastic.

I wouldn't call it "iconic." I think that term is thrown around a bit too much within SW.
However, it definitely is a necessary piece for any Lars Homestead Diorama.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 8, 2008, 01:35 PM »

Well there was a skeleton of sorts with Amanaman, so I'm not ruling it out.

Sorry to have to link to the otheR Site:
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJdeluxeamanaman.asp

So it's possible, even if it's a stretch.

That does look like a corpse. 

My take is if they're not going to release the dead bodies in this set, you most likely won't see them in the future. 

This BP just seems like it would be the ideal outlet to release something of that nature. 

The corpses are essentially accessories - not figures.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #55 on: May 8, 2008, 01:39 PM »
Maybe they'll sculpt their carcasses into the base of it, like the vintage Jabba dais  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 8, 2008, 03:16 PM »

I wouldn't call it "iconic." I think that term is thrown around a bit too much within SW.
However, it definitely is a necessary piece for any Lars Homestead Diorama.

Oh, I think it's about as iconic as it gets in Star Wars... it's where we see Luke Skywalker for the very first time, and who can forget Luke finding his dead aunt and uncle there?  It's the scene that is a turning point for Luke, where he decides to leave Tatooine with Obi Wan.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 8, 2008, 03:25 PM »
It's more pivotal than iconic.

What is the first thing you think of when someone says Star Wars?  Definitely not this dome.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 8, 2008, 04:20 PM »
Eh, to me it's iconic.   :)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 9, 2008, 09:01 AM »
It's pretty iconic to me too.  I think because I associate it with the scene of Luke looking to the horizon combined with the theme music... goddamn, it almost brings a tear to my eye   :'(.  I'm glad they're making the set piece; I'll probably skip it since I made my own:

The only thing I'm worried about is the chance for a single-carded Owen resculpt now, if this is a kitbash (which it undoubtedly is).
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke