Author Topic: TRU "Disturbance at Lars Homestead" Battle Pack  (Read 84713 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Disturbance at the Lars Homestead Battle Pack?
« Reply #60 on: May 9, 2008, 09:05 AM »
Definitely getting this for the dome.  I don't care one bit if they pack in POTF2 buff Luke and company.  It's all about getting one of the most iconic structures in Star Wars finally made into plastic.

I wouldn't call it "iconic." I think that term is thrown around a bit too much within SW.
However, it definitely is a necessary piece for any Lars Homestead Diorama.

Oh, I think it's about as iconic as it gets in Star Wars... it's where we see Luke Skywalker for the very first time, and who can forget Luke finding his dead aunt and uncle there?  It's the scene that is a turning point for Luke, where he decides to leave Tatooine with Obi Wan.

NO worries, we can agree to disagree on this point.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 9, 2008, 09:07 AM »
It's more pivotal than iconic.

What is the first thing you think of when someone says Star Wars?  Definitely not this dome.

That's the point I'm trying to make. When I think Star Wars (A New Hope), the locations that come to mind as Iconic are the Cantina and the Death Star (in general, not any one specific location on it).

The homestead is indeed important but not iconic. Again though, that's my opinion. Someone else may consider every single scene iconic.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 9, 2008, 04:28 PM »
No, just because one considers a location iconic that you don't consider iconic doesn't mean that they consider every location, or scene, in Star Wars as being inconic.

To me, Tatooine is an iconic planet in Star Wars... hell, it appears in 5 of the films.  And when I think of Tattooine, I think of Luke's home... the Lars homestead appears in EP2, EP3 and EP4... this location appears in half the films, and bridges the gap between the prequels and OT. 

^ Pretty famous scene, if I do recall.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 9, 2008, 04:42 PM »
No, just because one considers a location iconic that you don't consider iconic doesn't mean that they consider every location, or scene, in Star Wars as being inconic.

To me, Tatooine is an iconic planet in Star Wars... hell, it appears in 5 of the films.  And when I think of Tattooine, I think of Luke's home... the Lars homestead appears in EP2, EP3 and EP4... this location appears in half the films, and bridges the gap between the prequels and OT. 

^ Pretty famous scene, if I do recall.

You're getting me all wrong here Chewie. I wasn't saying YOU thought every scene was iconic. I was saying that there are undoubtedly some out there who do think that way though.

Again, we can agree to disagree.

For me Tatooine is the Cantina, Jabba's Palace and the Sarlaac pit.

Others may say it's Watto's Hut or Lars Homestead or the Pod Races.

Still others may say it's the Jundland Wastes where Luke meets Obi, or perhaps the any number of the Sandcrawler scenes.

All are important to the story, but not all are iconic. But what constitutes something being iconic over something else can be left to one's own interpretation.

So no worries Chewie.

Regardless of how we may differ in our opinions of the importance of the Lars Homestead, I'm still getting that "battle Pack."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 9, 2008, 08:08 PM »
You guys have the meaning of 'iconic' all wrong.

When any true fan thinks of Tatooine, Gragra's gorg stand should immediately come to mind.

Get it right, guys! >:(

:-*
« Last Edit: May 9, 2008, 08:09 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2008, 11:13 AM »
I like the idea of this set if Ican finally get a uncle owen and aunt beru (yeah I know they relased her in the potf days), if they do the packaging like last years Hoth/endor sets, which we kept the hoth set to store the gun turret and walker on plus to display the hoth battle in a neat little 'diorama', I'd like to have the dome entrance, maybe a printed pic of the below ground dwelling plus owen/beru/ SA Luke for the Votc line with better tunic shirt and two sand troopers. Now that's only 5 figs and the target sets had about 8 figs? so let's add the endor 3p0 with articulated knees but with an oil stained deco, rotating dome r2 with a dirty wash and votc kenobi.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2008, 01:51 PM »
Why would you add thre figures that were not there when the sandtroopers showed up?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2008, 07:06 PM »
No worries Sal.   :)

Regarding this set... I've got more than enough Sandtroopers, so I really don't need more of those.  I can see why they'd want to market it as a "battle" though, but I'd much rather see something like this packed with the homestead...

AOTC
- Owen Lars (new)
- Beru Lars (new)
- Cliegg Lars (new)
- C-3PO (resculpt)
- R2-D2 (repack)
- Padme (resculpt)
- Anakin Skywalker (Evolutions repack) w/ Shmi corpse (new)
- Swoop

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2008, 10:07 AM »
It's pretty iconic to me too.  I think because I associate it with the scene of Luke looking to the horizon combined with the theme music... goddamn, it almost brings a tear to my eye   :'(.  I'm glad they're making the set piece; I'll probably skip it since I made my own:

The only thing I'm worried about is the chance for a single-carded Owen resculpt now, if this is a kitbash (which it undoubtedly is).

Wow, excellent piece there Daigo-Bah. I'd like to see some more shots from different angles. Looks well made.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2008, 10:13 AM »
No worries Sal.   :)

Regarding this set... I've got more than enough Sandtroopers, so I really don't need more of those.  I can see why they'd want to market it as a "battle" though, but I'd much rather see something like this packed with the homestead...

AOTC
- Owen Lars (new)
- Beru Lars (new)
- Cliegg Lars (new)
- C-3PO (resculpt)
- R2-D2 (repack)
- Padme (resculpt)
- Anakin Skywalker (Evolutions repack) w/ Shmi corpse (new)
- Swoop

That's a good set. Puts it in the $60 range I'd think.

If Hasbro were to keep this around $30-50 then I'd say to drop out the droids, Padme and Anakin.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2008, 10:50 AM »
I just hope we get some of the greeblies around the homestead (boxes, crates, small machinery, etc.).   :)

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2008, 12:29 PM »
A little What if here? No that I know any inside Info or anything
But Maybe this isn't the only Version of the Set?    Last year we were treated to Two Ultimate Battle Packs with the AT-ST in each.   Could we get two sets again this one and a ATOC on too?
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2008, 12:58 PM »
I wouldnt mind if they did 2 of these, one OT and one PT. That would at least get us 2 houses and hopefully the Lars family.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2008, 01:41 PM »
Two versions of this... I'd be very pleased with that.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2008, 03:45 PM »
That'd be great, then I'd only have to buy the PT one. Perhaps we could get:

Lars Homestead
Moisture Vaporator
Anakin Skywalker w/Shmi Skywalker's corpse
Cliegg Lars
Owen Lars
Beru Whitesun
See Threepio
Padme Amidala v2 w/blue milk tray
David Delgado
Owner