Author Topic: TRU "Disturbance at Lars Homestead" Battle Pack  (Read 84547 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Disturbance at the Lars Homestead Battle Pack?
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2008, 01:27 AM »
I highly doubt that would happen.  Hoth and Endor are two entirely different things that have the AT-ST in common.

Prequel Lars Homestead and OT Lars Homestead are the same place with slightly different figures standing around it.  Parents and kids wouldn't see any real reason to buy both.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2008, 09:25 AM »
  Parents and kids wouldn't see any real reason to buy both.

Heck, I don't even know if the collectors would bite.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2008, 11:24 AM »
that would probably depend on the figures included.  You get new molds of OT Owen & Beru in one version, and completly new figures with Cliegg, Owen, & Beru in a PT version and it'll sell.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2008, 12:12 PM »
I don't think kids and parents are the target audience for this set anyway. I mean, it's basically a shed with some people standing around it--not the most exciting thing for an eight-year-old. It looks to me like they're throwing a bone to the collectors who've been wanting a Lars homestead set for thirty-odd years.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2008, 12:25 PM »
Oh, I don't think anyone is saying they're going to make two versions of this.  Just that some of us would be willing to pick up both sets if the pack in figures were desireable ones.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2008, 01:34 PM »
  Parents and kids wouldn't see any real reason to buy both.

Heck, I don't even know if the collectors would bite.

I agree. I would think that if anything the PT sets would sell right away and the OT sets would just sit there.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2008, 02:11 PM »
Even if the Lars were all new sculpts?  And if it came with a couple of the farm droids?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 06:04 PM by Jeff »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2008, 02:53 PM »
I have to agree with Chewie here. I don't think they would just sit there if the Lars were new sculpts and there were new farm droids. The dome is the central piece here, so the figures are almost secondary. However if they were new sculpts, it would most certainly increase their selling potential. Besides, it's been so long since the release of both Beru and Owen that even many modern collectors still do not have them.

So (and I'm saying this a little begrudgingly), even if the Lars were the same old sculpt, I'd still think they would sell pretty well (just not as much or as fast as if they were all new sculpts).

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2008, 02:54 PM »
You're still talking about trying to sell kids a farm. Once kids are old enough to play with Star Wars, they're done with the wholesome fisher price barn that makes a weird cow sound when you open the door.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2008, 03:10 PM »
Only the most important farm in the galaxy... are you saying that Hasbro shouldn't be making this at all?

As long as this is an exclusive (which it is, right?), then I'm sure there's not going to be a problem selling these.  If the kiddos aren't interested, there's more than enough adult collectors that will want to pick this up.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 06:02 PM by Jeff »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2008, 05:59 PM »
Again, I have to agree with Chewie here. There are PLENTY of collectors who want this, regardless of the figures packed in. It will sell. If it's exclusive all the better. Hopefully Target, so they will blow it out on clearance in a month after (but I won't wait for that to happen).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 06:02 PM by Jeff »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2008, 06:13 PM »
Once kids are old enough to play with Star Wars, they're done with the wholesome fisher price barn that makes a weird cow sound when you open the door.

Old Man Lars had a farm
E-I-E-I-O
And on his farm he had a cow some moisture
E-I-E-I-O
With a drip-drop here
And a drip-drop there
Here a drop
There a drop
Everywhere a drip-drop
Old Man Lars had a farm
E-I-E-I-O
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 06:13 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2008, 06:31 PM »
There are PLENTY of collectors who want this

B-I-N-G-O!

I'm not saying I don't want it, I'm just saying I doubt its a good idea for the line.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2008, 06:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure I'll buy it just for the dome thing, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea, as Lando says...  It's unlikely there'd be a bunch of new figures, as that's just not the norm for battlepacks, and at best you can hope for "kitbash" figures that make for something a notch about what you have in your collection already.

So the matter basically boils down to it being a good idea to put out a plastic dome for people...  Time will tell when the set hits retail.  If it sells then great, if it sits then not-so-great (but still nice to get the dome, for those of us that want the dome).

I think the Kashyyyk pack is outstandingly cool but it's hardly been a big seller, and it was packed with GOOD army builders and a Vader figure.  Not everything that looks cool/good turns out to be a good idea at retail, and that's the bottom line usually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2008, 01:47 AM »
Even if the Lars were all new sculpts?  And if it came with a couple of the farm droids?

I think it's beyond established at this point that battle packs are almost always rehashes and repaints thrown out at a minimum cost to sell things with a high margin.  They're clever enough about the resculpts to make them worth picking up, but I'll eat my hat if we see 2 battle packs full of newly sculpted figures that would normally go into the basic line.