Author Topic: Legacy Wave 3 - Repaints/Repacks  (Read 39016 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 3 - Repaints/Repacks
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2008, 09:27 AM »

The cases are TWELVE figures each. There are SIX figures in the wave. Pack 2x of each figure in the wave and CALL IT A DAY!

Seriously. Should have been a no brainer.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2008, 09:48 AM »
Got to open the remainder of the wave yesterday. What new can be said about the repaints? Though, I should mention that since I was more or less forced to open the Holo-Dooku and am not a big fan of the holo figures, I kind of dig it. My favorite of the wave is the engineer, hands down, and the Droid is pretty awesome, much better that and carded protocol droid by a long shot.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2008, 09:56 AM »
Got to open the remainder of the wave yesterday. What new can be said about the repaints? Though, I should mention that since I was more or less forced to open the Holo-Dooku and am not a big fan of the holo figures, I kind of dig it. My favorite of the wave is the engineer, hands down, and the Droid is pretty awesome, much better that and carded protocol droid by a long shot.

Do you army build Clones? If so, you could have held out on buying the Dooku and picked up the GH2 Kashyyyk Trooper or GH4 Evo Trooper as they include an RA-7 arm now.  :P
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 11:14 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2008, 09:52 AM »

Do you army build Clones? If so, you could have held out on buying the Dooku and picked up the GH2 Kashyyyk Trooper or GH4 Evo Trooper as they include an RA-7 arm now.  :P

I seriously though about that. However, although I'm not a fan of the holo's, I still have them all. During my carded collector days, I just never bought an opener.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2008, 09:16 PM »
Saw the remnants of this wave at Target, a lone Salaucami Trooper. Also saw some Evo Troopers with RA-7 parts.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2008, 10:49 PM »
Picked up Jodo Kast from this wave.  I didn't know it was the stupid missile-button-arms-up Boba Fett mold.  Next to the crappy DS2 Luke, that's my least favorite figure mold of the modern line.  The paint job on Jodo's very nice, though, and although he's worthless as an action figure, he looks cool.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2008, 11:57 PM »
Don't suppose you wanna let that droid part he came with go, eh?   :-[
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2008, 10:44 AM »
Don't suppose you wanna let that droid part he came with go, eh?   :-[

damn beat me to it.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2008, 01:53 PM »
For those that have built it already, how does RA-7 hold up to the previous mold?  Is it more accurate, do you think?  I like the shiny black vac-metal look of the older one, and I think that may be more film-accurate...
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2008, 01:59 PM »
For those that have built it already, how does RA-7 hold up to the previous mold?  Is it more accurate, do you think?  I like the shiny black vac-metal look of the older one, and I think that may be more film-accurate...

I like the sculpt/articulation of the new one but I prefer the finish that the POTF2 version had.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2008, 09:07 PM »
Since Jesse's getting my droid head [that's what she said], and I have no desire to chase down all the parts for this figure, someone please reassure me that this version of RA-7 will get a carded release.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2008, 11:36 PM »
I only want the RA-7 out of diversity's sake...  I think he'll make a cool "other" droid, but to me I'm leaving the original POTF2 FF RA-7 on the shelf as the Death Star Droid, as he really is superior IMO, mostly due to the accurate black chrome paintjob.  Hasbro seems to be getting away from chrome figures unless it's 3PO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2008, 09:12 AM »
Hasbro seems to be getting away from chrome figures unless it's 3PO.

Which seems backwards since 3PO seems to be the only chrome figure flaking with age.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2008, 12:05 AM »
The paint job on Jodo's very nice, though, and although he's worthless as an action figure, he looks cool.

Yes he does.  Jodo displays well alongside the other Mandalore figs.

BTW, do you think Jodo knows Judo?   
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2008, 03:10 PM »
Jodo do Judo?
I am not the Stig