Author Topic: Star Wars on Spike TV  (Read 35958 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Star Wars on Spike TV
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 12:29 PM »
Until May 25  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 12:44 PM »
There was a guy from Spike TV on the Forcecast a week or two back, and he mentioned that they would be playing on Star Wars Sundays (as mentioned), and also mentioned promotions like "May the Fourth Be With You" in July, airings during Thanksgiving weekend, and a Christmas Day marathon of all six movies.  Other than that, I don't know if there would be other showings or not.  You would think they would continue to play the heck out of them.  I have to say, I don't mind having the movies available to watch on TV fairly regularly.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 11:30 AM »
Just as a side note, as the movies have been airing one each week for "Star Wars Sundays", I've noticed that at least the past two weeks (ROTS and ANH), they have been airing the movies in widescreen this time around.  Empire is on the way this Sunday, for anyone interested.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 3, 2008, 03:56 PM »
I guess its a little behind to mention it now, but Spike TV has been showing the SW movies within their "Force" themed Fourth of July programming.  TPM aired last weekend, and AOTC was on Monday night/Tuesday afternoon, ROTS on Tuesday night/Wednesday afternoon, and ANH on last night (and this afternoon).  It looks like Empire will be on tomorrow night/Sat afternoon, with a break until Jedi airs on Monday night.  Just thought I'd pass it along for anyone interested.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 01:59 AM »
Just saw my first Clone Wars commercial on Spike...  I'm shocked.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 11:55 AM »
Just happened to notice on our DVR Guide that Star Wars: A New Hope will be airing this Sunday (8 ET)/Monday (5 ET) on Spike, for anyone interested.  I know we've all seen them a billion times, but I'm glad to see the movies air on TV every so often again.  Its tough not to switch over for at least part of them every time I see they're on.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 11:57 AM »
Just a heads up for those interested, but it looks like Spike will be airing the Prequel Trilogy this weekend (TPM on 1/2, AOTC on 1/3, and ROTS on 1/4), and the Original Trilogy will be aired the following weekend (ANH on 1/9, ESB on 1/10, and ROTJ on 1/11).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 10:10 AM »
In case anyone is interested, it looks like The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are on this Saturday (replayed on Sunday).  It doesn't look like any others from the Saga are playing in the next couple weeks, so I'm not sure why they are just playing these two.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2009, 08:26 AM »
Just an update to my earlier post, it looks like Spike TV is running "Star Wars Saturdays" right now.  ROTS is scheduled for tonight (replayed Sunday afternoon), with ANH next week.  I would guess Empire and Jedi would follow.  Just a heads up for anyone interested.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009, 12:25 PM »
I noticed that Spike TV is doing (close to) a marathon of the Saga this weekend.  They are starting with AOTC on Saturday morning at 9 AM (CST) and playing all the way through to Jedi that evening.  It looks like The Phantom Menace is airing on Friday night (as well as AOTC later as well I think), since they must not have been able to fit them all into a programming day.  So, if there's nothing going on, I guess its a good day to sit back and watch SW all day (TNT is also running the LOTR trilogy on Saturday).

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2009, 05:08 PM »
Coincidence that they're omitting TPM altogether?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2009, 07:26 PM »
Coincidence that they're omitting TPM altogether?

Its airing tonight (Friday), but yeah it seems strange that they're not doing the whole shebang on Saturday.  I guess maybe their real programming doesn't start before 9 AM, but they could still start TPM there and Jedi would just have to be on later.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2009, 11:47 AM »
I'm looking forward to these airing again in a marathon type deal. We just got Spike in HD last week, so I'm looking forward to some HD Star Wars goodness.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2009, 11:31 AM »
Just a heads up for anyone interested, it looks like Spike TV is going to have their "May the 4th Be With You" Star Wars event again this year.  I believe TPM starts things off on Monday (at 5 PM), with two movies each day the rest of the week, with Empire and ROTJ capping things off on Saturday.

Offline A.J.

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 2, 2009, 11:27 PM »
I think I'm probably the only one on these forums that still has the OT on VCR.  ::)