Author Topic: Star Wars on Spike TV  (Read 35965 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Star Wars on Spike TV
« on: March 19, 2008, 11:36 AM »
Since this covers the entire Saga, I thought I'd post this here.  Its sort of old news coming back up again, but Spike TV will be airing the entire Saga starting in April.  Star Wars.com has an article up featuring some ads that Spike TV has been showing on billboards, etc. advertising the Saga (beginning April 4th the way it looks).  Even though we all have these on DVD, there's something about them showing on TV that I've always liked.  I can still remember getting excited seeing ads on NBC (I believe) showing Return of the Jedi when I was a kid :P.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars on Spike TV
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 02:14 PM »
The commercials on Spike have been updating.  They're pretty nice commercials actually and sorta get you fired up for Star Wars on TV.  Weird, I know, but they're edited together nicely.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday they're showing E1, 2, and 3...  I haven't seen when 4, 5, or 6 are airing yet on their commercials.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 12:51 AM »
I'm depressed that I keep looking forward to this as much as I am.  :-\  I even have HBO and skinemax so technically I've been watching the trilogy for weeks already...  I don't know why but I'm just anxious for this because I guess I'm just a sad nerd.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 08:46 AM »
Friday, Saturday, Sunday they're showing E1, 2, and 3...  I haven't seen when 4, 5, or 6 are airing yet on their commercials.

I saw this update at TheForce.net (scroll down), that includes a press release announcing the airing of all six movies.  It sounds like 4, 5, and 6 are airing the following weekend.

I'm in the same boat as you Jesse, for some reason I'm just really excited for this as well.  I can pop the DVDs in at any time, but there's just something about having them on "regular" TV.  I don't know if it brings back memories of the days when my family's movie collection was mostly VHS tapes of movies that were "taped off" TV or what - but I'm looking forward to watching them starting next weekend.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 04:49 PM »
They had a guy from Spike TV on the Forcecast this week, discussing the Star Wars movies on Spike TV and he gave a few more details of their plans.

Prequel Trilogy airing nightly starting next weekend (TPM on April 4, AOTC on April 5, ROTS on April 6)
Original Trilogy airing nightly starting the following weekend (ANH on April 11, ESB on April 12, ROTJ on April 13)

In May, they will have "Star Wars Sundays", with one movie each week (actually may start the end of April)

In July, they will have a "Fourth be with You" promo, showing the movies.

Additional airings at Thanksgiving and Christmas (an all day marathon on Christmas Day was mentioned)

Just wanted to pass that along - I'm looking forward to have Star Wars on "regular" TV again.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 1, 2008, 03:40 PM »
Some of you may have already seen this, but Spike TV has an "ultimate trailer" advertising the complete Saga.  Kind of spiffy.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 1, 2008, 10:32 PM »
Yeah, I caught that TV spot a few weeks ago and I thought it was very well put together. With Star Wars on TV, Indy 4, and the Clone Wars movie, I'm feeling all giddy like it's '02 or '05. "There's a new one coming, aaaaaahhhh!!!"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 6, 2008, 07:16 PM »
Watching AOTC right now and it's actually not as bad as I remember it to be.  Battle of Geonosis is coming up pretty quick, then it's on to ROTS.  Kinda nice being able to watch this on TV vs DVD for some reason.  Maybe it's the Bud Light commercials?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 6, 2008, 07:24 PM »
LOL! I'm watching them up here in Canada.  ;D

Bottle opener sucks!  :D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 7, 2008, 09:46 AM »
I watched them this weekend as well.  Its actually been quite awhile since I've seen TPM and AOTC, so it was nice to see those again.  Like I said, even though we all have these on DVD, there's something about Star Wars on TV again that is kind of nice.  Plus, its easier to switch over to TNT at commercials and watch LOTR :P.  I had them on our DVR, because its nice to just watch sections at a time and pick up where I left off - but they take up a lot of room so I don't think that will last (and its silly anyways, since we have the DVDs).  Anyways, nice to see Star Wars on TV again - the OT is this weekend!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 8, 2008, 01:15 PM »
I think I've said this before, but I think it's cool to see the Star Wars movies on TV even though the commercials add an hour to the viewing.

Did anyone catch them in HD?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #11 on: April 8, 2008, 05:04 PM »
I think I've said this before, but I think it's cool to see the Star Wars movies on TV even though the commercials add an hour to the viewing.

I don't have Clones or Sith on VHS, so I'm taping them on my VCR, but I pause during the commercials, so when I go back and watch the tapes, the commercials aren't even there.  Problem solved.  It's almost as good as the DVDs I have sitting on the shelf in the same room.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 06:22 PM »
Watching ESB right now with Jedi coming up pretty soon.  There's just something special about watching these movies on TV.  Maybe it's the commercials?  I dunno.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 06:29 PM »
ANH & ESB were also on yesterday, just waiting for ROTJ now.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 12:22 PM »
It looks like Spike is going to continue this movie thing so they'll be playing 1 Star Wars movie every Sunday.  Not sure how long it's supposed to last though.