Author Topic: How Long Is Your...  (Read 3983 times)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
Re: How Long Is Your...
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2005, 04:59 PM »
My driveway is pretty darn long, and it curves to the right. I've been known to let up to 6 or 7 people park on it at a time. 

However....last month, some people from the city utilities came and chopped a 3 * 4 foot hole in my driveway to replace a pipe.  Now my driveway doesn't look the way it used to.

Got Clones?

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2005, 07:31 PM »
Now my driveway doesn't look the way it used to.

Forget about your driveway... You guys get a lot of rain up there. Ever have problems with mud oozing past your retaining wall? My cousin had it happen once... Wasn't pretty.  :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2005, 08:33 PM »
I've decided to use some added protection on my driveway recently, since I don't like to let just anyone use it anymore.  Never know where they've been and how dirty they're going to get my driveway, so I've installed an iron gate at the end, with a security call box.  People need to personally ask me for permission to use it, but if you catch me on a Friday or Saturday night, I'm usually more willing to oblige...

Anyway, my driveway is far too big to fit in one shot, but here's an aerial photo of some of it, just so you folks can get a picture of what I'm dealing with.

It's hard work.  Especially when loads of the white stuff is falling...

« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 08:41 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2005, 10:10 PM »
I see you have a loop in the driveway Matt, how's that treating you?  Gotta be a bitch to keep clean :-\

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2005, 10:36 PM »
I see you have a loop in the driveway Matt, how's that treating you?  Gotta be a bitch to keep clean :-\
One of my ex's had a natural loop in his.  For some reason he really thought it was cool and was always sticking things on it.  It kind of made me sick.  We weren't together for long...
I'm living in an apartment now, so I don't have to worry about a driveway.   But one day I'd like one, not too big, not too small, not too wide, and not too skinny.   Just something that fits my purposes.
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2005, 01:19 AM »
Yeah, my driveway seems to do the job just fine.  I always tell myself it's not the size that matters, but how I use it.   :-*

Thankfully, my driveway leads up to a very comfortable garage.  I found it a pretty tight fit at first, but I've learned to actually enjoy it that way.  Of course, regular maintenance is important.   8)   :P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2008, 09:13 AM »
While shoveling my driveway last night I remembered this thread...since we moved I guess I got a brand new driveway.  Its a LOT wider than my old driveway which my wife loves (for obvious reasons)!  The length though is a lot shorter than my old which means I can't get everything parked there that I want.  Its almost as wide as it is long...I guess I have driveway envy :-\

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008, 06:32 PM »
Its almost as wide as it is long...I guess I have driveway envy :-\

Choad driveway.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2008, 12:42 AM »
Yeah, my driveway seems to do the job just fine.  I always tell myself it's not the size that matters, but how I use it.   :-*

Thankfully, my driveway leads up to a very comfortable garage.  I found it a pretty tight fit at first, but I've learned to actually enjoy it that way.  Of course, regular maintenance is important.   8)   :P

Jesus, did I actually write that?  ::)