Author Topic: The Return of Saga Legends  (Read 46764 times)

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
Re: The Return of Saga Legends
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 12:18 PM »
oh no, bad news, more repacks of figures i don't need :o
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 03:04 PM »
I'm actually hoping they do a chop shop job with Gree and turn him into an ultimate EPII clone.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 03:28 PM »
Great, so kids will now have a mismatched figure line! That makes so much sense! ???
What a waste of tooling and shelf space for items that would sell far better.

I really hope the CW cartoon figures at 7.99 rot on shelf to remind them the lesson they never seem to learn - cater to the core audience! This was the stupidest decision on Hasbro's part to go this route. (Their own words in the Q&A's about realistic styling sells better vs. cartoonish only make this decision more mind boggling)) Their strategy of catering to kid's is a steaming pile of blue nosed baboon crap at best. Kid's today do not care about figures, all they want are some sort of screens to stare at. They may get a few figures but they will never buy to the level we do and it will show after a few months.

Everyone here knows the types of people (or C.H.U.D.S. in some cases) that scrounge the SW aisle and they are not young kids. My prediction is that this line will change after 9 months and go to realistic style after they see the backlog of figures. They will sell great the first 2 months when the show premiers then drastically slow down.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 03:38 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 04:49 PM »
I sure hope they re-re-rerelease the C-3PO with battle droid head. 
Maybe they are hoping for the Saga Pegwarmers Legends.

But hey we all know that Each line will be kept seperate at retail and it will not effect replenishment on the others .  and we will all be able to pick-up the Legacy line with ease. 
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 04:59 PM »
I'm personally hoping for recards of Jerjerrod and the Naboo Flight dude.   :-X
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 06:24 PM »
I'd give my left nut if they'd just do more Darth Vader figures.  Please please please just make all of the new Legends figs versions of Darth Vader throughout the years.  That way I don't have to buy any of them.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 09:22 AM »
Please please please just make all of the new Legends figs versions of Darth Vader throughout the years. 

That would be funny.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 04:59 PM »
Hasbro rep: "Hey, kids love Darth Vader! Let's make a solid case of him and make the stores buy three cases of him to every one case of our other lines."

Hasbro rep2: "Sounds like a winner to me!"
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 10:01 PM »
Please please please just make all of the new Legends figs versions of Darth Vader throughout the years. 

I'd buy.  :P

But seriously, Vader is the most identifiable character from Star Wars.  Don't you think it makes sense to have him on the pegs frequently?  (I'm not aiming this specifically at you Jman, just JD'ers in general).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 11:33 PM »

But seriously, Vader is the most identifiable character from Star Wars.  Don't you think it makes sense to have him on the pegs frequently?  (I'm not aiming this specifically at you Jman, just JD'ers in general).

LOL - I know you would!  I do think there's something to be said for re-releases of the main characters despite collectors already having 20+ versions.  These are the most popular characters for kids, so makes sense to have them available in some form most of the time.  I didn't buy any of the common characters in the Legends line this last year (Vader, R2, Chewie, etc.), but they all seem to sell, since none of those are on the pegs at the store I'm shopping now.  That means somebody's buying them, so kudos to Hasbro for trying to satisfy everyone.

All that being said, I would be totally fine with them never releasing another Darth Vader ever again.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2008, 09:35 AM »
Although the Vaders have been a little crazy, particularly since ROTS, I'm one of the collectors that feels like the main characters should be out on the pegs periodically every year as well.  I just wish Hasbro would use the best versions more frequently (VOTC Han, Evolutions Vader, EB/VOTC Chewie, etc.)  I've often said that if they needed to have a Legends line I would just as soon they fill it with those "ultimate" versions of characters, so the ones on the pegs are at least the best they can offer for each figure.

I know I'm in the minority on this most likely, but I think I still get most excited when we hear of a new "ultimate, end-all be-all" version of a main character on the way (particular in the vintage line).  After seeing what has been done in the vintage, evolutions, and now even basic line - there are some improvements that can still be made to many of the main characters (Bespin Han, Hoth Luke, Jedi Luke, TPM/AOTC Obi-Wan, etc. come to mind), and I like seeing those new versions released throughout the line.  I really enjoy the background characters as well, and get excited for those too - but I honestly think if there were two "final" figures I had to choose between and could only buy one - SA, "ultimate" Bespin Han Solo or a background character like Wioslea, I'd pick Han every time.  Not that I don't want Wioslea or other background characters, because I do, but I'd like to see the line continue to be a mix of new characters and "ultimate" versions of the big guns.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2008, 11:25 AM »

Yes, while I don't need any more Vaders - Vader is probably the one character in the Star Wars line that should always be available.  I'm not saying pack him in each case, but a 2-3 case assortments per year seems about right.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2008, 07:36 PM »

I know I'm in the minority on this most likely, but I think I still get most excited when we hear of a new "ultimate, end-all be-all" version of a main character on the way (particular in the vintage line). 

I'm in that minority too!  Nothing more exciting to me than VOTC/VTSC/VTAC quality versions of the main characters in various outfits.  I'd take those over obscure aliens any day.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 09:16 AM »

I know I'm in the minority on this most likely, but I think I still get most excited when we hear of a new "ultimate, end-all be-all" version of a main character on the way (particular in the vintage line). 

I'm in that minority too!  Nothing more exciting to me than VOTC/VTSC/VTAC quality versions of the main characters in various outfits. 

I don't know why you guys think you're in the minority. I think lot of collectors like definitive versions of characters. I do.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 12:45 PM »
Hasbro rep: "Hey, kids love Darth Vader! Let's make a solid case of him and make the stores buy three cases of him to every one case of our other lines."

Hasbro rep2: "Sounds like a winner to me!"

And remember:  these solid Vader cases will IN NO WAY keep stores from ordering more cases of the Legacy Collection as they will be under a separate SKU!  Those 400 Vaders on the pegs for Legacy and Clone Wars are IN NO WAY delaying new products from coming in because Hasbro put them under a different number and stores pay oh so much attention to that type of thing!  ::)